Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire"

You mean Powell is a free thinking Republican?

Why do you think whites are more capable of getting the I.d???? Somehow within your mind it is a racial issue right....

You couldn't wait to play the race-card huh Mathew?

No, Colin Powell is actually trying to help the Republicans with his assessment and you r-wingers can't get past your up-tilted noses.

NO...POWELL...is a Statist USING his race to convince idiots as YOU.

TRY again.

Republicans say Conservative blacks mistreated by Democrats.

And here comes Gen. Powell saying, "The problem can't be BOTH 'undetectable' and 'widespread'."

And look how right wingers disown and attack him.

I find that to be hilarious.

Why do you think whites are more capable of getting the I.d???? Somehow within your mind it is a racial issue right....

You couldn't wait to play the race-card huh Mathew?

No, Colin Powell is actually trying to help the Republicans with his assessment and you r-wingers can't get past your up-tilted noses.

LOL,

So somehow whites can get a i.d and blacks can't. Can you put 2+2 together??? Why shouldn't people have a i.d to vote????
KR is an unthinking DUPE.

Nothing else to say of him or this thread.

He needs to wake up like all drones as he need to.

The T~ OUT

For all the fighting and suffering and dying that minorities endured over the decades simply to secure the right to vote... then they bitch and moan about having to produce positive I.D.?

It's almost fucking laughable.

For all the fighting and suffering and dying that minorities endured over the decades simply to secure the right to vote... then they bitch and moan about having to produce positive I.D.?

It's almost fucking laughable.

On top of the decades of saying how they're just as capable as WHITES. Now they say that they deserve special treatment???

One person, one vote. Such a basic tenet, yet such an inconvenience to ensure?

Folks will walk blocks for a soda, sit in a 10-car line burning $2.00 worth of gas to buy a 69 cent taco, camp out in front of Wal Mart on CHRISTmas Eve to buy $300 Nike shoes....

...but their Civil Rights are violated when required to produce positive I.D. in order to exercise something so precious for which their forbearers sacrificed so much.

LOL,

So somehow whites can get a i.d and blacks can't. Can you put 2+2 together??? Why shouldn't people have a i.d to vote????

The issue isn't just about ID. Polling stations in areas that are predominantly black or young adult have reduced staff and voting booths, and in some cases have been consolidated to the point where the polling station is too small to handle the number of registered voters. Parents have been threatened with poll taxes if their student children vote from their college. Early voting and same-day registration are being eliminated.

And here comes Gen. Powell saying, "The problem can't be BOTH 'undetectable' and 'widespread'."

I find it hilarious that liberals segregate and exploit race, ethnicity, sex, and gender.

I would find it hilarious too,
if it were true. Republicans don't want minorities in their party. They chase minorities away and then blame the minorities for not wanting to join.

In fact, Republicans say that blacks are so stupid and lazy and have so little integrity, they can be bought with a few food stamps, a cell phone and some cheap wine. Not the way to attract people to your cause.

Besides, what IS your cause? Even you don't know.

LOL,

The issue isn't just about ID. Polling stations in areas that are predominantly black or young adult have reduced staff and voting booths, and in some cases have been consolidated to the point where the polling station is too small to handle the number of registered voters. Parents have been threatened with poll taxes if their student children vote from their college. Early voting and same-day registration are being eliminated.

That's true. And it's why they harp on ID. They have been exposed, but still try to hide behind ID. "No clothes".

Good Observation.
icon14.gif

I find it hilarious that liberals segregate and exploit race, ethnicity, sex, and gender.
And especially when the OP of this poorly thought out thread ASSUME Powell is a Republican, much less Conservative. HE is neither...but a wolf...cloaked...using what ever honor he has left...

Interesting the OP uses a wolves' words in order to show how ignorant he is to politics and history...to corral more sheep such as himself.

Doesn't work for me. OP? Take heed.

The T~OUT

LOL,

That's true. And it's why they harp on ID. They have been exposed, but still try to hide behind ID. "No clothes".

Better naked than brainless. Just pile up the excuses. More excuses, more votes.

One person- one vote. The Democrat Party couldn't exist with that concept enforced.

Just so we are clear here a voter I.D. card is a government issued photo I.D. that would have to be presented at the time you vote ? If not clarify what a voter I.D. card is if my description is correct let's move on said photo I.D. would have information like your height, weight, hair color, eye color, gender your address and of course your picture does anyone disagree this is the typical type of information you would have on a photo I.D.? Now do not the vast majority of Americans of all races already have a I.D. just like this one we have to renew every few years? I do it's called a drivers license so finally is the left really suggesting that presenting something they most likely already have to vote is to much of a burden on minority voters? If this is the case I for one find that highly insulting to the minority voter.

Just so we are clear here a voter I.D. card is a government issued photo I.D. that would have to be presented at the time you vote ? If not clarify what a voter I.D. card is if my description is correct let's move on said photo I.D. would have information like your height, weight, hair color, eye color, gender your address and of course your picture does anyone disagree this is the typical type of information you would have on a photo I.D.? Now do not the vast majority of Americans of all races already have a I.D. just like this one we have to renew every few years? I do it's called a drivers license so finally is the left really suggesting that presenting something they most likely already have to vote is to much of a burden on minority voters? If this is the case I for one find that highly insulting to the minority voter.

How can you insult someone, or an entire Party for that matter, that doesn't have the dignity to respect the voting process itself?

How can you insult someone, or an entire Party for that matter, that doesn't have the dignity to respect the voting process itself?
SIMPLE. The PARTIES ARE...the problem. Founders warned us against partisan dealings, and to rather LOOK at the individual and weigh it against your own principle, your own soul...and VOTE accordingly.

Did Washington's words not strike a Chord with you in his farewell address? Lest you ever read them?

Forum List

Back