Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire"

This prediction from a top Republican no less.

Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire" - CBS News Video

Gen. Colin Powell says voter ID laws that make it harder for minorities to vote will "backfire," because "these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote."

Republican my dogs ass :up: true "top" Republicans do not slurp up every bit if dribble from a lying liberal muslime illegal alien democRAT :up:

he would have never gotten above the rank of corporal had it not been for A.A. :up:
fucking traitorous bastard !

Republicans say Conservative blacks mistreated by Democrats.

And here comes Gen. Powell saying, "The problem can't be BOTH 'undetectable' and 'widespread'."

And look how right wingers disown and attack him.

I find that to be hilarious.

I find it hilarious that liberals segregate and exploit race, ethnicity, sex, and gender.

I would find it hilarious too,
if it were true. Republicans don't want minorities in their party. They chase minorities away and then blame the minorities for not wanting to join.

In fact, Republicans say that blacks are so stupid and lazy and have so little integrity, they can be bought with a few food stamps, a cell phone and some cheap wine. Not the way to attract people to your cause.

Besides, what IS your cause? Even you don't know.

Of course you do because its true. The irony of past atrocities such as segregation into today's version of exploiting race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender is truly remarkable. Dems ? turned MLKs dream into a nightmare. You should be so proud.

Gen. Colin Powell says voter ID laws that make it harder for minorities to vote will "backfire," because "these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote."
POWELL...is a PROGRESSIVE...

Try again.

Too bad there will never be enough true conservatives to save the Republican Party. The quacks on the far right have won the battle but lost the war. They now control every facet of the Republican Party, but in doing so they have lost the moderates and will end up ceding control to the Democrats for many generations to come.

Colin Powell who's fucking around with that bitch from the where?

That Colin Powell ? Fucking around on his black wife with a white bitch commie? THAT Colin Powell who deserted conservatives so many years ago....oh maybe at about the same time he started to fuck around on his wife.

Methinks Colin Powell should be retired on a tropical beach somewhere by now...

How about showing some respect for the military? Is this how Republicans now treat distinguished Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell?
You think Powell represents the U.S. Military?

Colin Powell is a disgrace to the military. He, more than anyone, is directly responsible for influencing approval for the Iraq invasion which he accomplished by brazenly lying before the UN and the Nation. He is and has been a sleazy, self-serving politician both in and out of uniform.

He is beginning to poke his head out of hiding little by little and, unfortunately, there are generally ignorant, or simply uninformed, or stupid, or racially biased Americans who are willing to welcome this reprehensible scoundrel back into the political arena when he should be shunned -- or worse.

Republicans say Conservative blacks mistreated by Democrats.

And here comes Gen. Powell saying, "The problem can't be BOTH 'undetectable' and 'widespread'."

And look how right wingers disown and attack him.

I find that to be hilarious.

I find it hilarious that liberals segregate and exploit race, ethnicity, sex, and gender.

I would find it hilarious too,
if it were true. Republicans don't want minorities in their party. They chase minorities away and then blame the minorities for not wanting to join.

In fact, Republicans say that blacks are so stupid and lazy and have so little integrity, they can be bought with a few food stamps, a cell phone and some cheap wine. Not the way to attract people to your cause.

Besides, what IS your cause? Even you don't know.

South Africa demands voter ID

You You Americans think your blacks are that stupid.

Not the rest of the world.

You are the joke.

Try again.

Too bad there will never be enough true conservatives to save the Republican Party. The quacks on the far right have won the battle but lost the war. They now control every facet of the Republican Party, but in doing so they have lost the moderates and will end up ceding control to the Democrats for many generations to come.

You're spot on...

The democrats maybe extremely far left socially and within some of their economics...BUT they're pro infrastructure, science and tech. What's even more importantly is the fact that the democrats(as shitty as it is) can run a government within the modern world.

The republicans by going to such a extreme without reason has assured that they never win back power.

Doesn't matter if some republican issues are right as the human mind doesn't consider right @ wrong within this way...Nope, it considers who is the winner and very generally who's best for ME????

The best thing the republicans could do for 2014 is go from doing away with mind set to one of fixing problems.

How do we fix our educational system?
How do we cut waste?

They need to do this with a mind set at running a first world country....

Methinks Colin Powell should be retired on a tropical beach somewhere by now...

How about showing some respect for the military? Is this how Republicans now treat distinguished Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell?

Colin Powell is a disgrace to the military. He, more than anyone, is directly responsible for influencing approval for the Iraq invasion which he accomplished by brazenly lying before the UN and the Nation. He is and has been a sleazy, self-serving politician both in and out of uniform.

He is beginning to poke his head out of hiding little by little and, unfortunately, there are generally ignorant, or simply uninformed, or stupid, or racially biased Americans who are willing to welcome this reprehensible scoundrel back into the political arena when he should be shunned -- or worse.

He's having an affair with a white commie bitch. Don't you know this?

And he has been for years. You could track his political moments over it.

He's having an affair with a white commie bitch. Don't you know this?

And he has been for years. You could track his political moments over it.

He's a disgusting hypocrite. You'd have to give up your honor to want to be around such a human being.

Powell should know about backfires. For all of his endorsement of Obama in '08 and talk of Republicans' so called 'closed tent' in '12 has left him outside of both tents. Liberals trot him around as a toy but offer him nothing inside the circle he sought entry.

Just so we are clear here a voter I.D. card is a government issued photo I.D. that would have to be presented at the time you vote ? If not clarify what a voter I.D. card is if my description is correct let's move on said photo I.D. would have information like your height, weight, hair color, eye color, gender your address and of course your picture does anyone disagree this is the typical type of information you would have on a photo I.D.? Now do not the vast majority of Americans of all races already have a I.D. just like this one we have to renew every few years? I do it's called a drivers license so finally is the left really suggesting that presenting something they most likely already have to vote is to much of a burden on minority voters? If this is the case I for one find that highly insulting to the minority voter.

How can you insult someone, or an entire Party for that matter, that doesn't have the dignity to respect the voting process itself?
SIMPLE. The PARTIES ARE...the problem. Founders warned us against partisan dealings, and to rather LOOK at the individual and weigh it against your own principle, your own soul...and VOTE accordingly.

Did Washington's words not strike a Chord with you in his farewell address? Lest you ever read them?

I didn't read that as an affirmation by Washington that the PARTIES ARE... the problem, but rather an acknowledgement that Parties do exist (as part of the nature and character of our Nation) and that Parties pose a challenge.

Which, IMO, is trumped by this: The name of American, which belongs to you in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local discriminations.

Yet Washington further advises diligence: But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed.

Other than that, I have no idea why you interjected this into the thread in the first place.

But damn- the dude spouted all that without a teleprompter? Obama would have been totally fucked in the 1700's.

Try again.

You're spot on...

The democrats maybe extremely far left socially and within some of their economics...BUT they're pro infrastructure, science and tech. What's even more importantly is the fact that the democrats(as shitty as it is) can run a government within the modern world.

The republicans by going to such a extreme without reason has assured that they never win back power.

Doesn't matter if some republican issues are right as the human mind doesn't consider right @ wrong within this way...Nope, it considers who is the winner and very generally who's best for ME????

The best thing the republicans could do for 2014 is go from doing away with mind set to one of fixing problems.

How do we fix our educational system?
How do we cut waste?

They need to do this with a mind set at running a first world country....
:lol:

Matthew Matthew....

you are becoming a sad soul You have to wake up brother.

You need another party. Just like we did up here. A real and for true conservative party.

Matthew, your statement was racist, because it was deliberately false.

Powell is right, this will backfire on the GOP.

If that was true, the left wing wouldn't be fighting it. The truth is this is a great thing for the GOP. You know it and I know it.

Matthew, your statement was racist, because it was deliberately false.

Powell is right, this will backfire on the GOP.

If that was true, the left wing wouldn't be fighting it. The truth is this is a great thing for the GOP. You know it and I know it.

How is it racist to want to treat blacks and whites equally? The twilight zone we're getting into.:eek:

Forum List

Back