Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire"

Why do you think whites are more capable of getting the I.d???? Somehow within your mind it is a racial issue right....

LOL,

So somehow whites can get a i.d and blacks can't. Can you put 2+2 together??? Why shouldn't people have a i.d to vote????

The issue isn't just about ID. Polling stations in areas that are predominantly black or young adult have reduced staff and voting booths, and in some cases have been consolidated to the point where the polling station is too small to handle the number of registered voters. Parents have been threatened with poll taxes if their student children vote from their college. Early voting and same-day registration are being eliminated.

oh, this is soooooooscary. no, no, no, you can not get a voter ID in 2 years, no, it is impossible either for black person or for a college kid.

Look at it this way:

Let's say we fixed the current system, without adding Voter ID. We fixed the voter registration process to ensure only eligible US citizens were registered to vote. And we ensured that when someone dies or moves, their name is removed from the voter registration rolls.

So there I am, at the voting booth on Election Day.

What kind of fraud can I commit without an ID?

vote several times. or vote for a dead person.

It shouldn't be about benefitting one political party or another. It makes complete sense that to vote you must have an identification card to prove citizenship, due to the fact that you must be a citizen to vote.

rrb017
Don't we already have a voter registration process that is suppose to vet each person applying for their right to vote? And those that do not qualify, do NOT get issued voters registration cards....I.e. Mickey Mouse and Donal Duck never got issued a voter's reg card, they were caught in the vetting process?

anyone not a citizen should and are being stopped during each State's vetting process and that's the way it should be....stop the potential crime at its root, not after the fact.

gvt issued photo id will not stop a thing when it comes to that....shoot we have many States that issue Driver's licenses to illegals....

A SSAN card with a recent phone bill, or your paycheck with your electric bill showing your name and where you live, should be enough at the polls, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY registered to vote and your State has already vetted that you qualify as a citizen to vote...

And I've never had to show any ID at all to vote in Massachusetts or Maine once I registered to vote there... I lived in small towns in both States, and all that was asked of me was my name, my address, and my party affiliation....they found my name on their list (because I had already regisstered and met each State's vetting), and I signed my name, then proceeded to vote...and NOT ONCE, NOT ONE ITTY BITTY incident in either of those places of someone coming in and voting under another person's name, in over 2 decades...and none or near none in the entire United States....

If there is ever a place for voter fraud to take place, it is with Absentee voting...that's when the dead rise again....and this can simply be stopped by States removing the dead from their voter rolls, AS THEY SHOULD BE....

Care

Too bad there will never be enough true conservatives to save the Republican Party. The quacks on the far right have won the battle but lost the war. They now control every facet of the Republican Party, but in doing so they have lost the moderates and will end up ceding control to the Democrats for many generations to come.

You're spot on...

The democrats maybe extremely far left socially and within some of their economics...BUT they're pro infrastructure, science and tech. What's even more importantly is the fact that the democrats(as shitty as it is) can run a government within the modern world.

The republicans by going to such a extreme without reason has assured that they never win back power.

Doesn't matter if some republican issues are right as the human mind doesn't consider right @ wrong within this way...Nope, it considers who is the winner and very generally who's best for ME????

The best thing the republicans could do for 2014 is go from doing away with mind set to one of fixing problems.

How do we fix our educational system?
How do we cut waste?

They need to do this with a mind set at running a first world country....
:lol:

Matthew Matthew....

you are becoming a sad soul You have to wake up brother.

You need another party. Just like we did up here. A real and for true conservative party.

he IS a racist democrat.

Not sure why did you ever think he was a republican.

Powell, like most intelligent people, realizes that blacks can see that Voter ID was a transparent attempt to suppress the votes of low income people, many of whom are black, and most of whom vote Democratic.

Just like the GOP's attempts to shorten early voting times. The GOP knows the higher the voter turnout, the smaller the GOP's chances in an election.

The GOP is branding itself as the party of voter suppression. They are regressing more and more toward their Dixiecrat forebears every day. And this will backfire.

They will soon insist that we all need to bring our birth certificates along with voter id cards and photo drivers license in order to vote.
HOW do you get an ID to begin with son? So that would assume the ID is issued because YOU proved whom you are to GET the ID. WHY would the person have to bring that along as well?

Son? Your circular logic is dizzying...STOP.:eusa_hand:

You're killing your creds, (And I think on purpose).

Republican my dogs ass :up: true "top" Republicans do not slurp up every bit if dribble from a lying liberal muslime illegal alien democRAT :up:

he would have never gotten above the rank of corporal had it not been for A.A. :up:
fucking traitorous bastard !

You freaking tea-bagger racists are going to chase Powell over to the Democrats yet.

He's always been a Democrat, we won't miss him.

Powell, like most intelligent people, realizes that blacks can see that Voter ID was a transparent attempt to suppress the votes of low income people, many of whom are black, and most of whom vote Democratic.

Just like the GOP's attempts to shorten early voting times. The GOP knows the higher the voter turnout, the smaller the GOP's chances in an election.

The GOP is branding itself as the party of voter suppression. They are regressing more and more toward their Dixiecrat forebears every day. And this will backfire.

You left out illegals, they're trying to suppress illegals. Right-wing bastards!

It shouldn't be about benefitting one political party or another. It makes complete sense that to vote you must have an identification card to prove citizenship, due to the fact that you must be a citizen to vote.

rrb017
Don't we already have a voter registration process that is suppose to vet each person applying for their right to vote? And those that do not qualify, do NOT get issued voters registration cards....I.e. Mickey Mouse and Donal Duck never got issued a voter's reg card, they were caught in the vetting process?

anyone not a citizen should and are being stopped during each State's vetting process and that's the way it should be....stop the potential crime at its root, not after the fact.

gvt issued photo id will not stop a thing when it comes to that....shoot we have many States that issue Driver's licenses to illegals....

A SSAN card with a recent phone bill, or your paycheck with your electric bill showing your name and where you live, should be enough at the polls, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY registered to vote and your State has already vetted that you qualify as a citizen to vote...

And I've never had to show any ID at all to vote in Massachusetts or Maine once I registered to vote there... I lived in small towns in both States, and all that was asked of me was my name, my address, and my party affiliation....they found my name on their list (because I had already regisstered and met each State's vetting), and I signed my name, then proceeded to vote...and NOT ONCE, NOT ONE ITTY BITTY incident in either of those places of someone coming in and voting under another person's name, in over 2 decades...and none or near none in the entire United States....

If there is ever a place for voter fraud to take place, it is with Absentee voting...that's when the dead rise again....and this can simply be stopped by States removing the dead from their voter rolls, AS THEY SHOULD BE....

Care

Don't we already have a voter registration process that is suppose to vet each person applying for their right to vote?

Is that why we see the occasional story about a guy registering his dog to vote?

They will soon insist that we all need to bring our birth certificates along with voter id cards and photo drivers license in order to vote.
HOW do you get an ID to begin with son? So that would assume the ID is issued because YOU proved whom you are to GET the ID. WHY would the person have to bring that along as well?

actually it has to be VOTER ID, assuming the right to vote is proven, not just ANY ID

actually it has to be VOTER ID, assuming the right to vote is proven, not just ANY ID
True.

R-wing extremists are crazy that way. They are never satisfied when they lose.

Last edited:
Powell is NOT a republican, and on top of that, he's dead wrong. He's talking out his RACIST ASS, AGAIN...

List of things that require photo identification...

Obtaining a photo ID is NOT DIFFICULT, so this idea that it's somehow blocking people from voting is HOG WASH.

The TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS, if people are REQUIRED to have a PHOTO ID TO VOTE, democrats will start to LOSE ELECTIONS, because then the DEAD, the ILLEGAL, the PEOPLE VOTING MORE THAN ONCE, etc, etc will NOT be able to DO SO, or risk being thrown in jail. Conservatives will start WINNING elections that are FREE FROM CORRUPTION AND LIBTARD GAMES, and THAT is why the LEFT is SO AGAINST PHOTO ID VOTING REQUIREMENTS.

R-wing extremists are crazy that way. They are never satisfied when the lose.
I see the Circular crap continues...YOU really need to stop this merry-go-round you're on. YOU make me dizzy and sick watching...your self-destruction.

Republican my dogs ass :up: true "top" Republicans do not slurp up every bit if dribble from a lying liberal muslime illegal alien democRAT :up:

he would have never gotten above the rank of corporal had it not been for A.A. :up:
fucking traitorous bastard !

You freaking tea-bagger racists are going to chase Powell over to the Democrats yet.

He's always been a Democrat, we won't miss him.

He's a Republican.... a registered Republican. He's not a Democrat yet.

Powell is NOT a republican, and on top of that, he's dead wrong. He's talking out his RACIST ASS, AGAIN...

List of things that require photo identification...

Obtaining a photo ID is NOT DIFFICULT, so this idea that it's somehow blocking people from voting is HOG WASH.

The TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS, if people are REQUIRED to have a PHOTO ID TO VOTE, democrats will start to LOSE ELECTIONS, because then the DEAD, the ILLEGAL, the PEOPLE VOTING MORE THAN ONCE, etc, etc will NOT be able to DO SO, or risk being thrown in jail. Conservatives will start WINNING elections that are FREE FROM CORRUPTION AND LIBTARD GAMES, and THAT is why the LEFT is SO AGAINST PHOTO ID VOTING REQUIREMENTS.

Powell is a Republican, a registered Republican. Looks like you are talking out of your racist, loser ass again.

This prediction from a top Republican no less.

Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire" - CBS News Video

Gen. Colin Powell says voter ID laws that make it harder for minorities to vote will "backfire," because "these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote."

How is that a backfire? I would think that would be an even better outcome. Let's pass the laws and darn quick and get those people out there voting!

I see the Circular crap continues...YOU really need to stop this merry-go-round you're on. YOU make me dizzy and sick watching...your self-destruction.

Not going away soon enough for you dittohead. Watch me. :lol:

Not going away soon enough for you dittohead. Watch me. :lol:

Until you puke and decide you want off. *GO FOR IT*. This will be fun.

BRING IT.

Forum List

Back