Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

I’m no physics guy, but it seems to me batteries are only one way to store energy and needed mostly for portable electric use as in vehicles. Battery tech keeps improving. Potential energy can also be stored in other ways, as by pumping water up a hill and then releasing it with the help of gravity to turn turbines to remake electricity. Probably a lot of frictional losses here, and requires investments, but just saying …

My general impression is we have only begun to tap into a renewable energy revolution, which our grandchildren and great grandchildren will hopefully fully enjoy.

Indeed, there are many ways to store excess electricity. I was reading somewhere that in some electric cars they are using capacitors to augment the batteries. I bet that if they tried real hard they could create functional electric cars that run entirely off electricity stored in capacitors.

Do you know what happens on a cooler Earth? Methane has a better ability to get stored. Rather than evaporate. Now after that much time, much of it has no doubt gotten buried underground.

Sounds scary!!!
So the last time it was this cool, and it got a little bit warmer, everything died 30 years later?

Is someone forcing you to use solar panels?

Legislating the shut down of coal and natural gas power stations. Taxpayer funded construction of massive solar arrays, wind farms, and battery banks. These force companies to switch from an infrastructure that provides power adequate to our needs at an affordable price to one that is proven to supply only rolling blackouts and skyrocketing energy costs.

If a technology isn't ready to stand on its own in the market then it's not ready to be adopted.

Because electricity magically changed. You are naive dude. Have you ever heard the old axiom, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction?" That hasn't changed either.

I'll answer that. How could any energy be lost in converting DC to AC. All you are doing is converting one form of electricity into another.

If the panels need to be replaced every ten years, could that many panels be installed before they need to be replaced? Is that also the size of the area required to dispose of that many panels when they are worn out?

Solar panels last from 20 to 40 years. So you wouldn't need to replace them every 10 years.

I just can't stand the stench! Watch the documentary. Watch the documentary. Watch the documentary. Watch the documentary. Watch the documentary. In it they show and tell you how France gets rid of most of their nuclear waste. "THEY DUMP IT IN THE OCEAN!" You will also find out that recycling nuclear waste is a farce. Only a small percentage of it can be recycled into usable nuclear fuel. Next, you can't burn nuclear waste. Radiation will be in whatever smoke is created and remain in the ash left over.

Your screaming is a sign of your immaturity I wouldn't doubt they dump some of the waste illegally but reprocessing the waste isn't a farce at all since what it does is REDUCE the level of radioactivity in the remaining waste that is why it is worth it.

The Hanford region suffered numerous bad decisions a lot of the military and political leaders from the 1950s-1970's when they finally realize the place became a big ecological concern and a threat to the Columbia River who were careless in their decisions about the waste on the reservation in that time.

What happens at night and when it's cloudy?

Don't bother mentioning batteries. They are grossly expensive and depend on rare earth minerals mined by slaves and children in China and third world hellholes.

Sorry. Too stupid to reply to.

I'll answer that. How could any energy be lost in converting DC to AC. All you are doing is converting one form of electricity into another.

When you convert from AC to DC, you use a transformer to reduce voltage from line capacity to your desired DC voltage. The primary side of the transformer takes the supply voltage and secondary coils produce the desired voltage for rectification. Actually you need a larger voltage then the required DC output becuase he wave produced from a rectifier will only use half of the sinodial wave delivered by the transformer.

Then, you use diodes to rectify (change the shape of the electrical load). The output from the rectifier will be a 50% duty cycle. The rounded peaks and drops of that rectified output will need to be smoothed into square waves by the further use of power loading transistors and LC circuits.

None of these devices are 100% efficient. You will lose power through heat loss (in both the transformer and the rectifier diodes) as well as inefficient transfer. Power transistors, coils, and capacitors all lose power through their internal resistance or, in the case of coils, impedance.

No, never. Never in the history of the earth have we been in this situation. I will show you a graph. To the best of the ability of science to judge, it shows what the earth's temperature and CO2 levels have been through the history of Earth. At least the history that matters. You will notice that for around the last 40 million years or so, the Earth has been getting generally cooler. Do you know what happens on a cooler Earth? Methane has a better ability to get stored. Rather than evaporate. Now after that much time, much of it has no doubt gotten buried underground. But there is much that is much shallower. Or on or just below the floor of the ocean existing as methane hydrate ice.

With temperatures and CO2 rising sharply as it is, because of human caused global warming, the more of that methane will be released. Which will cause things to get even warmer. Releasing even more methane. I will also include a picture of what is said to be methane bubbles raising from the seal floor. Which is why I started the other thread on the topic. "Global warming. Kiss your ass goodbye."

View attachment 656723

View attachment 656727

Methane has been bubbling from the seafloor and from swampy areas for a long time and have a negligible warm forcing effect of about .. .60 W/m2.

CO2 comes in at a puny 0.04% of the atmosphere.

methane at 0.0002% is almost ZERO

Permafrost used to be far south as 42 degrees North which would be southern France and Central California now all gone back up north around 750 miles or so.

1654989975699.png

From Figure 1v, we see 1.8 Watts/m2 for CO2 and methane by 0.6 w/m2. For a benchmark contextual comparison, the combined radiative forcing of CO2 and methane is barely 0.5% of the Earth’s solar energy budget of 340 W/m2. And of which the human-made portion of this CO2 radiative forcing increase is a miserly 0.008% and methane a laughable 0.005% of the Sun’s total radiative forcing budget.

LINK

Last edited:
Legislating the shut down of coal and natural gas power stations. Taxpayer funded construction of massive solar arrays, wind farms, and battery banks. These force companies to switch from an infrastructure that provides power adequate to our needs at an affordable price to one that is proven to supply only rolling blackouts and skyrocketing energy costs.

If a technology isn't ready to stand on its own in the market then it's not ready to be adopted.
Yes but none of them force you to use solar panels. Try again.

Solar panels last from 20 to 40 years. So you wouldn't need to replace them every 10 years.
They do not last as long when placed in extreme heat like AZ. They don't last as long when they are subsidized by the government.

Do you have nothing better to do than ask me silly questions? Because they produce FAR more electricity than can be used during the day. That excess electricity can be stored for nighttime use.
I’m not aware of any installations in the US that have storage capabilities. How many do you know of?

What if green aliens want to go medieval on your ass? We will cross that bridge when it comes. :itsok:

As 2016 drew to a close, and after more than two years of difficult negotiations, important new clean energy and climate legislation was passed in Illinois. The Future Energy Jobs Act (Senate Bill 2814) became law on June 1, 2017. It’s significant because it puts Illinois on track to acquire 25% of its energy from renewable sources by 2025. New provisions contained in the act set explicit, long-term requirements that will ensure that renewable energy credits are supplied by new construction of wind and solar projects, including community solar, low-income solar, broweld solar, and distributed generation projects.

As 2016 drew to a close, and after more than two years of difficult negotiations, important new clean energy and climate legislation was passed in Illinois. The Future Energy Jobs Act (Senate Bill 2814) became law on June 1, 2017. It’s significant because it puts Illinois on track to acquire 25% of its energy from renewable sources by 2025. New provisions contained in the act set explicit, long-term requirements that will ensure that renewable energy credits are supplied by new construction of wind and solar projects, including community solar, low-income solar, broweld solar, and distributed generation projects.

Nice cut and paste, buddy. And people call you a retard. You sure showed them, didn't you? :itsok:

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042
Rather than going through the process of digging up the raw materials to make so many panels, and then trying to recycle them to replace them to harness a nuclear source, are you just not better off harnessing nuclear on planet earth?

That's my foot in your ass.
LOL. Poor retard losing the argument. Ok, let me take you seriously.

In the cut/paste you provided, where does it show anyone forcing you to use solar panels?

And, while you are at it, show us why we shouldn't call you a retard. Go.

Forum List

Back