Pray for my Katy please.

Pretty funny. In the link I posted it says that those fish can get along with other fish. Not mine! He killed everyone! The silly bastid. Lol. :D The only one he didn't kill was the arowana, but the Arowana was bigger than him. I also had snakeheads and I had a fresh water turtle before and also a couple of Pacus at one time. I used to have a gigantic fish tank, but those tropical fish are hard to keep.

Pretty sure that wasn't the problem..:lol:

What do you mean? She was just stupid? :lol:

Now the wife and I's first Boxer,Jack Dempsey,he was white obviously,was a terror. I lost count of how many goats I had to pay for.
He had the wolf in him.
We used to come out to him on the porch with a dead goat sitting in front of him soaking wet from dragging it across the river.
Got to the point we had to keep him tied up when we went to the weekend place.
He tried for the deer but he wasnt quite fast enough.

Oh my god! I used to have a fish called a Jack Dempsey. Lol. He was pretty mean too.

He wasnt a Betta by any chance?

No, the name of the fish is a Jack Dempsey fish. :) Pretty cool looking fish but super aggressive. He killed all my other fish!

Jack Dempsey (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Cichlasoma_octofasciata.jpg

Looks like he'd eat the Betta fighting fish for lunch.
I see it's from the Cichlid family as are the Oscar which was a popular fish in my younger years.
They had a habit of eating all the other fish in your aquarium.
I've seen them grow to several pounds.

What do you mean? She was just stupid? :lol:

Now the wife and I's first Boxer,Jack Dempsey,he was white obviously,was a terror. I lost count of how many goats I had to pay for.
He had the wolf in him.
We used to come out to him on the porch with a dead goat sitting in front of him soaking wet from dragging it across the river.
Got to the point we had to keep him tied up when we went to the weekend place.
He tried for the deer but he wasnt quite fast enough.

Oh my god! I used to have a fish called a Jack Dempsey. Lol. He was pretty mean too.

He wasnt a Betta by any chance?

No, the name of the fish is a Jack Dempsey fish. :) Pretty cool looking fish but super aggressive. He killed all my other fish!

Jack Dempsey (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Cichlasoma_octofasciata.jpg

Looks like he'd eat the Betta fighting fish for lunch.
I see it's from the Cichlid family as are the Oscar which was a popular fish in my younger years.
They had a habit of eating all the other fish in your aquarium.
I've seen them grow to several pounds.

I had Oscars too. I had a veil tail Oscar. He was really cool. The Oscars would come over and wiggle their bodies at me when I was going to feed them. Lol.

It's a ciclid. Whatever that means. Lol.

Close.:lol:

Whatever. You knew what I meant. :lol:

We had the Rio Grande Perch in the South Llano river my Dog Jack Dempsey used to drag the goats across...Funny that.
It's the only Cichlid that lives wild in the U.S. and man is it tasty!!
View attachment 74302

Awesome! Pretty fish. I like the colorful ones. I don't think I've ever eaten a fresh water fish though. I'm not big on fish. I only like a couple/few kinds, the white flaky sweeter tasting ones. I've had Tilapia but that is a brackish fish, so not really salt water. I like flounder, haddock, cod, and that kind of sea fish. I've heard that catfish is really good though I've never tried it.

It's a ciclid. Whatever that means. Lol.

Close.:lol:

Whatever. You knew what I meant. :lol:

We had the Rio Grande Perch in the South Llano river my Dog Jack Dempsey used to drag the goats across...Funny that.
It's the only Cichlid that lives wild in the U.S. and man is it tasty!!
View attachment 74302

Awesome! Pretty fish. I like the colorful ones. I don't think I've ever eaten a fresh water fish though. I'm not big on fish. I only like a couple/few kinds, the white flaky sweeter tasting ones. I've had Tilapia but that is a brackish fish, so not really salt water. I like flounder, haddock, cod, and that kind of sea fish. I've heard that catfish is really good though I've never tried it.

Sounds like you like the same type of fish I like.
Dont bother with the catfish unless the person cooking them knows what they're doing,they generally suck.

I will try it if the opportunity comes up!

Well, I think I'm going to get ready for sleepy time now. You have a good night and Katy dog too! Keeping fingers crossed that she stays well. :bye1:

peanut butter......i hate to say it....put i just coat the pills in peanut butter...thor is easy....he has taken pills all his damned life nearly......the others demand the peanut butter wrap....i tried greenies etc....

I think I have the only dog on the planet that wont eat the stuff.
Ha Ha! I stuck Gracie's pills in mini marshmellows. When she started getting wise to that, I hid it in a piece of cheese but I would give her a regular pill free piece FIRST, then give the other 2 dogs a piece of cheese...all in front of her...then give her another piece with the pill in it and say "hurry! Dey Gonna Get It!" (yes, my dogs unnerstan baby talk) and she would gobble it thinking they would take it from her. :lol:
Cheese is the only thing that works with my dogs too! They love the stuff :laugh:

My little girl Katy had a Grand Mall seizure this morning and they suspect a brain tumor.
We had to leave her at the emergency pet hospital for further observation and treatment.
She goes for her MRI and Ct Scan on Monday.
They said there is a strong possibility she'll need brain surgery to remove the tumor if possible.
View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111

i just saw this sorry about that

hope your Katy is doing well

a week ago

our 12 year old chow Ringo had a seizure

it was horrible we didnt know what was happening

never even dreamed she could have a seizure

she started to come out of it by the time we arrived at the vet

the doc was great he ran all the tests and they all came back healthy

Thats great news!
Keep an eye on her/him they can come back but they can also be treated with Keppra or the like.

if she has any more seizures she will go on medicine

what a horrible ordeal to that happen

And here's Katy taking up my entire side of the bed after the wife thoughtfully laid a towel down for her.
Even though we set up a camping cot at the foot of the bed...I guess I know where I'll be sleeping,the foot of the bed or the couch.
View attachment 74306

That's the way girl!!!! you be comfy!:smiliehug:

She is recuperating.....she needs her little luxuries!!!!:biggrin:

And here's Katy taking up my entire side of the bed after the wife thoughtfully laid a towel down for her.
Even though we set up a camping cot at the foot of the bed...I guess I know where I'll be sleeping,the foot of the bed or the couch.
View attachment 74306

Hell,thats where she sleeps when she's healthy.
But I didnt mind telling her to move over then.

View attachment 74306

Your baby is adorable.

Is that simple!:biggrin:

View attachment 74306

Your baby is adorable.

Is that simple!:biggrin:

She's not as pretty as when she was a youngster...but then neither am I.:lol:

Forum List

Back