Preaching

Well, that's a loaded question. If I answer in the affirmative, and agree with you that you don't whine at me because I don't fit your preferred definition of Buddhist, then I have to ignore some things you've said to me. (see bold).

Good point, except I wasn't talking to you, and even if I was it wouldn't have been because you did not fit my definition of Buddhist. As I recall you are the one that objects to the Tamil Tigers calling themselves Buddhist.

In other words, you are the one who is trying to impose your definition of Buddhism on others, not me.

There is a difference between IMPOSING a view and sharing a view. I share my view of Buddhism and Christianity and preaching.

I'm not imposing it on anyone. You are quite free to have your own ideas about Buddhism and Christianity.

Our perspectives are different naturally. You are a practicing Christian, I am a former Catholic, practicing Buddhist.

You also impose your view when you insist that Catholics support pedophilia, or that the Christian Dominion movement wants to take over the world.

No we are not, we are talking about people who preach to others. You preach by dictating your worldview, insisting it is better than mine, and then trying to force me to live up to what you think I, as a Christian, should do.

You are insane.

Where did I say my worldview is better than yours?
Like I said, try and not change what I said. All I am asking you is to follow what Jesus tells you to do. Don't judge others if you also sin. It's pretty simple.

Apparently, he reads all requests as imposition and force.

No, I read all request by people who want me to agree with them and not pay attention to my own brain as idiotic.

Damn, you never let go of anything.

What does Marie have to do with this thread?

Its an example that you would understand...... marie88 shared what she thought and you went off as it was her preaching and imposing all over you..... not much different then what is going on here now is it?

Let's stick to the topic.

The topic is preaching, she is giving you an example of how you preach.

It's rather the difference between sharing and proselytizing. When people connect, that's sharing. If somebody is talking at you, rather than to you? Most of us can feel the difference.

You don't know what you are talking about, proselytizing is sharing.

It's rather the difference between sharing and proselytizing. When people connect, that's sharing. If somebody is talking at you, rather than to you? Most of us can feel the difference.

Yes, there is a vast difference between talking about a topic WITH someone than having someone preach AT YOU.

When someone tells you that you are bad or wrong, and that you SHOULD take up THEIR religious trip, that's NOT sharing your view.

It's imposing your religion on them.

Are you saying you were not preaching here?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ominionists-run-for-highest-office-in-us.html

How about here?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/180440-submission-respect.html

That is just two threads out of the many examples where you do exactly what you are complaining about. You preach all the time Sky, and you do it in the worst possible way.

Then you start thread about how much other people do it.

No we are not, we are talking about people who preach to others. You preach by dictating your worldview, insisting it is better than mine, and then trying to force me to live up to what you think I, as a Christian, should do.

You are insane.

Like I said, try and not change what I said. All I am asking you is to follow what Jesus tells you to do. Don't judge others if you also sin. It's pretty simple.

Apparently, he reads all requests as imposition and force.

Ironic post is ironic.

Hilariously ironic, no less.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

This seems like a good place to park an image.

I like this one better.

20071018_declaration.jpg

Its an example that you would understand...... marie88 shared what she thought and you went off as it was her preaching and imposing all over you..... not much different then what is going on here now is it?

It was a bit more then that. Sky was talking about how there is a difference between sharing and imposing.

They are the same thing.... its all about how you are perceiving it.

Buford here is coming off as preaching... but i am sure to him he is only sharing. It was the same with mairee88

It was a bit more then that. Sky was talking about how there is a difference between sharing and imposing.

Buford here is coming off as preaching... but i am sure to him he is only sharing. It was the same with mairee88

I am quoting the words of Jesus. If those words are "preaching", then have a little talk with Jesus about it.

I am quoting the words of Jesus. If those words are "preaching", then have a little talk with Jesus about it.

Anyone quoting anything religious is preaching.... and jesus is long dead if you haven't noticed.

You are insane.

You don't want me to follow what Jesus said, you want me to follow what you think Jesus said. That means you think your interpretation of the Bible, your worldview, is better than mine. Then you insist that you are not doing that, even when you demand that I follow your opinion.

Definitely insane.

It's pretty clear what Jesus and the Bible say. If you are going to follow one things like say homosexuality and same sex marriage then you better follow it completely.
And why you keep calling me insane? Is there a purpose to you repeating this statement? I think I got your point the first two times you said it.

You don't want me to follow what Jesus said, you want me to follow what you think Jesus said. That means you think your interpretation of the Bible, your worldview, is better than mine. Then you insist that you are not doing that, even when you demand that I follow your opinion.

Definitely insane.

It's pretty clear what Jesus and the Bible say. If you are going to follow one things like say homosexuality and same sex marriage then you better follow it completely.
And why you keep calling me insane? Is there a purpose to you repeating this statement? I think I got your point the first two times you said it.
It's a diagnosis. Diagnosing people is a form of violent speech according to Marshall Rosenberg.

I don't see you diagnosing anyone.

Hmm. It's ok if Buford, Marie, and Windbag preach, but it's not OK if sky "preaches". Gotcha.

:rofl:

You are the one who started the hysterically ironic thread putting people down for preaching.

When they start a thread complaining about people about being preachy, feel free to point and laugh at them.

I don't care what you think of me, Amelia. I know you from another forum. I know exactly who you are and what you're about.

Last edited:
Hmm. It's ok if Buford, Marie, and Windbag preach, but it's not OK if sky "preaches". Gotcha.

You are the one who started the hysterically ironic thread putting people down for preaching.

When they start a thread complaining about people about being preachy, feel free to point and laugh at them.

I don't care what you think of me, Amelia. I know you from another forum. I know exactly who you are.

You're a nutjob. I do so love your nonviolent communication though. :lmao:

I don't care what you think of me, Amelia. I know you from another forum. I know exactly who you are.

Non-violent communication is the language of feelings and needs. Do you know what you're feeling and what you need from me?

Diagnosing is violent communication says Marshall Rosenberg. All behavior arises out of feelings and needs. We're all trying to meet our needs at less cost.

Me telling you to fuck off expresses a feeling and takes care of a need. Is it too costly? Maybe. Could be a better way, but that wouldn't be USMB, would it?

Last edited:

Non-violent communication is the language of feelings and needs. Do you know what you're feeling and what you need from me?

Diagnosing is violent communication says Marshall Rosenberg. All behavior arises out of feelings and needs. We're all trying to meet our needs at less cost.

Preaching

24/7

Doesn't it get old?

:thup:

Forum List

Back