Preaching

That's the trouble with calling yourself "Christian". It means many different things.

So does Buddhist, you don't see me whining because you don't fit the definition I prefer, do you?

Well, that's a loaded question. If I answer in the affirmative, and agree with you that you don't whine at me because I don't fit your preferred definition of Buddhist, then I have to ignore some things you've said to me. (see bold).

Good point, except I wasn't talking to you, and even if I was it wouldn't have been because you did not fit my definition of Buddhist. As I recall you are the one that objects to the Tamil Tigers calling themselves Buddhist.

In other words, you are the one who is trying to impose your definition of Buddhism on others, not me.

This is what I originally said. When they attack me due to their religion I will attack them for not following what their Bible tells them. If they are using their religion against me or anyone else, it is not hypocritical if I use that same religion to point out they are not a true Christian. I had no idea it was that hard for you to understand.

People don't attack you because of their religion, they attack you because you are you. You then judge them using a standard you don't believe in, and insist that you are not doing it.

I was wrong, you are not a hypocrite.
People do judge me for who I am also, we are not talking about that in this thread. We are talking about when people use their religion to judge me and others.

No we are not, we are talking about people who preach to others. You preach by dictating your worldview, insisting it is better than mine, and then trying to force me to live up to what you think I, as a Christian, should do.

You are insane.

People don't attack you because of their religion, they attack you because you are you. You then judge them using a standard you don't believe in, and insist that you are not doing it.

People do judge me for who I am also, we are not talking about that in this thread. We are talking about when people use their religion to judge me and others.

No we are not, we are talking about people who preach to others. You preach by dictating your worldview, insisting it is better than mine, and then trying to force me to live up to what you think I, as a Christian, should do.

You are insane.

Isn't it true that you use Christianity against homosexuals?

You are insane.

Where did I say my worldview is better than yours?
Like I said, try and not change what I said. All I am asking you is to follow what Jesus tells you to do. Don't judge others if you also sin. It's pretty simple.

So does Buddhist, you don't see me whining because you don't fit the definition I prefer, do you?

Well, that's a loaded question. If I answer in the affirmative, and agree with you that you don't whine at me because I don't fit your preferred definition of Buddhist, then I have to ignore some things you've said to me. (see bold).

Good point, except I wasn't talking to you, and even if I was it wouldn't have been because you did not fit my definition of Buddhist. As I recall you are the one that objects to the Tamil Tigers calling themselves Buddhist.

In other words, you are the one who is trying to impose your definition of Buddhism on others, not me.

There is a difference between IMPOSING a view and sharing a view. I share my view of Buddhism and Christianity and preaching.

I'm not imposing it on anyone. You are quite free to have your own ideas about Buddhism and Christianity.

Our perspectives are different naturally. You are a practicing Christian, I am a former Catholic, practicing Buddhist.

You are insane.

Where did I say my worldview is better than yours?
Like I said, try and not change what I said. All I am asking you is to follow what Jesus tells you to do. Don't judge others if you also sin. It's pretty simple.

Apparently, he reads all requests as imposition and force.

There is a difference between IMPOSING a view and sharing a view. I share my view of Buddhism and Christianity and preaching.

I'm not imposing it on anyone. You are quite free to have your own ideas about Buddhism and Christianity.

Our perspectives are different naturally. You are a practicing Christian, I am a former Catholic, practicing Buddhist.

And that is what everyone thinks sky..... that they are sharing what they think. Its not what you think about what you are saying or sharing... its about the perception of others.

Maire88 for example..... she was sharing with you...and you felt it was imposing/preaching.... or at least that was my impression.

When a person quotes Scripture, the person is not condemning anyone. The Word of God condemns homosexuality. You're confused. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. YOU cannot criticize Jesus for saying that, so you find fault with the person who quoted Jesus.

Where does Jesus condemn homosexuality in the Bible? Jesus not the Bible. Please show me.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Does the bible say that or doesn't it? Paul said he received his revelation from Jesus. The bible states that men were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the Scriptures.

Jesus said marriage was a man and a woman. People who say that today are called "bigots". Is Jesus a bigot?

Paul Says! So there!

And that is what everyone thinks sky..... that they are sharing what they think. Its not what you think about what you are saying or sharing... its about the perception of others.

Maire88 for example..... she was sharing with you...and you felt it was imposing/preaching.... or at least that was my impression.

Damn, you never let go of anything.

What does Marie have to do with this thread?

Its an example that you would understand...... marie88 shared what she thought and you went off as it was her preaching and imposing all over you..... not much different then what is going on here now is it?

It all has to do with motivation. What is the reason you are sharing something about your religious view?

Sometimes, it has to do with answering a question. Other times it's just making conversation.

Still other times it's a reflective habit.

Its an example that you would understand...... marie88 shared what she thought and you went off as it was her preaching and imposing all over you..... not much different then what is going on here now is it?

Let's stick to the topic.

Last edited:

It all has to do with motivation. What is the reason you are sharing something about your religious view?

Sometimes, it has to do with answering a question. Other times it's just making conversation.

Still other times it's a reflective habit.

And still its about how you personally perceive what others are saying...and your internal projected ideas about their motivations.

Stick to the topic.

Definition of preaching:

To proclaim or put forth in a sermon: preached the gospel.

2. To advocate, especially to urge acceptance of or compliance with: preached tolerance and peaceful coexistence.

3. To deliver (a sermon).
v.intr.
1. To deliver a sermon.
2. To give religious or moral instruction, especially in a tedious manner.

Last edited:

Let's stick to the topic.

I thought i was sticking to the topic sky. I you were said you share your view of religion with others..... and it is not "preaching" And yet, when that was done to/with you.... you jumped out of your skin saying it was imposing/preaching.....

It's rather the difference between sharing and proselytizing. When people connect, that's sharing. If somebody is talking at you, rather than to you? Most of us can feel the difference.

Your rejection of Christianity does not equate to Scriptures being in error. You may not believe the Scriptures, but that does not entitle you to negate the fact that Scripture is the Word of God unless you have some pretty strong evidence, which you don't.

Where does Jesus condemn homosexuality in the Bible? Jesus not the Bible. Please show me.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Does the bible say that or doesn't it? Paul said he received his revelation from Jesus. The bible states that men were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the Scriptures.

Jesus said marriage was a man and a woman. People who say that today are called "bigots". Is Jesus a bigot?

Paul Says! So there!

Naw. Paul or anyone says by the Holy Spirit who moved them to write. That's how Christians view Scripture, as the Word of God, not the word of man.

Your rejection of Christianity does not equate to Scriptures being in error. You may not believe the Scriptures, but that does not entitle you to negate the fact that Scripture is the Word of God unless you have some pretty strong evidence, which you don't.

Just as much or as little evidence exists on both sides of the argument.

It's rather the difference between sharing and proselytizing. When people connect, that's sharing. If somebody is talking at you, rather than to you? Most of us can feel the difference.

Yes, there is a vast difference between talking about a topic WITH someone than having someone preach AT YOU.

When someone tells you that you are bad or wrong, and that you SHOULD take up THEIR religious trip, that's NOT sharing your view.

It's imposing your religion on them.

This seems like a good place to park an image.

noucant.jpg

Forum List

Back