Preaching

Well, actually you do not. Free choice.

Not according to those religious organizations who strive to legislate their morality on all of us. And whose goals are to convert the entire world to their way of thinking.
Often in the past at the pain of death if you did not convert.

Talking about Islam? Still goes on....

Islam Christianity and many religions who predate both religions and were just as sure they were correct and endured for far longer than christianity or Islam has.
Their time passed just as Christianitys and Islams will.

You don't get to judge who is, and is not, a Christian. You want to use the Bible as a club to force people who disagree with you to shut up, and you whine when they don't, and claim they don't meet your definition of something you don't believe.

That makes you either a hypocrite or insane.
I personally like to attack the ones who use their religion to judge me or other people.
Or pretend they are better than me because they are Christian. If they are true Christian I don't attack them.
This is what I originally said. When they attack me due to their religion I will attack them for not following what their Bible tells them. If they are using their religion against me or anyone else, it is not hypocritical if I use that same religion to point out they are not a true Christian. I had no idea it was that hard for you to understand.

People don't attack you because of their religion, they attack you because you are you. You then judge them using a standard you don't believe in, and insist that you are not doing it.

I was wrong, you are not a hypocrite.

Not according to those religious organizations who strive to legislate their morality on all of us. And whose goals are to convert the entire world to their way of thinking.

Islam Christianity and many religions who predate both religions and were just as sure they were correct and endured for far longer than christianity or Islam has.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jesus lives. Don't miss that fact. None of the others can claim it. Mohammed's dead. Jews killed their Messiah. The Jewish Jesus. All real Christians can testify of Jesus's life. He left many witnesses. More than any court of law would require.

All I said was I don't attack people who are true Christians, how is that hypocritical?
I don't believe in the Bible, therefore I don't have to follow its teachings. See how that works?

You don't get to judge who is, and is not, a Christian. You want to use the Bible as a club to force people who disagree with you to shut up, and you whine when they don't, and claim they don't meet your definition of something you don't believe.

That's the trouble with calling yourself "Christian". It means many different things.

So does Buddhist, you don't see me whining because you don't fit the definition I prefer, do you?

I still don't think it's supposed to mean that they get to judge everybody, regardless of belief system, or lack of the whole picture.

Of course you don't, you prefer to believe that your beliefs are just as valid as Jesus's.

I still don't think it's supposed to mean that they get to judge everybody, regardless of belief system, or lack of the whole picture.

Of course you don't, you prefer to believe that your beliefs are just as valid as Jesus's.

If they are willing to get thrashed into a bloody piece of meat, have spikes drilled through them and hang on those spikes till dead, buried,rise and go meet their friends and new ones they have not yet met, I might then take them seriously.

Jesus lives. Don't miss that fact. None of the others can claim it. Mohammed's dead. Jews killed their Messiah. The Jewish Jesus. All real Christians can testify of Jesus's life. He left many witnesses. More than any court of law would require.

A court of law would not even be able to certify, beyond a reasonable doubt, that a man called Yeshua from Nazareth actually lived. The historicity of Jesus Christ is highly questionable.

But, by all means, the rest of us should let the voices in your head dictate our conduct.

The point Boop is making is that some people think their judgments are the same as God's or Jesus. Some people take scripture and use it to dump judgments on others, instead of using scripture to discern for themselves what path they ought to follow, what actions they should take up or reject.

In other words, take the plank out of your own eye.

It's very difficult to communicate without using judgments. I'd like to figure that out myself.

Last edited:

That's the trouble with calling yourself "Christian". It means many different things.

So does Buddhist, you don't see me whining because you don't fit the definition I prefer, do you?

Well, that's a loaded question. If I answer in the affirmative, and agree with you that you don't whine at me because I don't fit your preferred definition of Buddhist, then I have to ignore some things you've said to me. (see bold).

The point Boop is making is that some people think their judgments are the same as God's or Jesus. Some people take scripture and use it to dump judgments on others, instead of using scripture to discern for themselves what path they ought to follow, what actions they should take up or reject.

It's very difficult to communicate without using judgments. I'd like to figure that out myself.

When a person quotes Scripture, the person is not condemning anyone. The Word of God condemns homosexuality. You're confused. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. YOU cannot criticize Jesus for saying that, so you find fault with the person who quoted Jesus.

Last edited:
The Word of God condemns homosexuality.

Well, it does now, anyway. No telling what the original said.

You're confused. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. YOU cannot criticize Jesus for saying that, so you find fault with the person who quoted Jesus.

Number of times Jesus condemned homosexuals in any of the gospels? zero.

Number of times Jesus condemned religious hypocrites in the just the Gospel of Matthew? 16

On a relative scale, it appears that Jesus was at least 16 times more concerned about religious hypocrites than he was about the gays.

I wonder if the religious hypocrites are 16 times more concerned about the gays than they are about their own hypocrisy?

It looks that way.

I personally like to attack the ones who use their religion to judge me or other people.
Or pretend they are better than me because they are Christian. If they are true Christian I don't attack them.
This is what I originally said. When they attack me due to their religion I will attack them for not following what their Bible tells them. If they are using their religion against me or anyone else, it is not hypocritical if I use that same religion to point out they are not a true Christian. I had no idea it was that hard for you to understand.

People don't attack you because of their religion, they attack you because you are you. You then judge them using a standard you don't believe in, and insist that you are not doing it.

I was wrong, you are not a hypocrite.
People do judge me for who I am also, we are not talking about that in this thread. We are talking about when people use their religion to judge me and others.

When a person quotes Scripture, the person is not condemning anyone. The Word of God condemns homosexuality. You're confused. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. YOU cannot criticize Jesus for saying that, so you find fault with the person who quoted Jesus.

Where does Jesus condemn homosexuality in the Bible? Jesus not the Bible. Please show me.

The Word of God condemns homosexuality.

Well, it does now, anyway. No telling what the original said.

You're confused. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. YOU cannot criticize Jesus for saying that, so you find fault with the person who quoted Jesus.

Number of times Jesus condemned homosexuals in any of the gospels? zero.

Number of times Jesus condemned religious hypocrites in the just the Gospel of Matthew? 16

On a relative scale, it appears that Jesus was at least 16 times more concerned about religious hypocrites than he was about the gays.

I wonder if the religious hypocrites are 16 times more concerned about the gays than they are about their own hypocrisy?

It looks that way.

If you don't know what the original said, then how do you know it's been altered?

A court of law would not even be able to certify, beyond a reasonable doubt, that a man called Yeshua from Nazareth actually lived. The historicity of Jesus Christ is highly questionable.

But, by all means, the rest of us should let the voices in your head dictate our conduct.

All those people who set out to prove Jesus never existed and discovered that there are more historical references to him than there are to Homer and Julius Caesar combined are going to be disappointed to discover they were duped.

The point I am making is she thinks the exact same thing.

Where does Jesus condemn homosexuality in the Bible? Jesus not the Bible. Please show me.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Does the bible say that or doesn't it? Paul said he received his revelation from Jesus. The bible states that men were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the Scriptures.

Jesus said marriage was a man and a woman. People who say that today are called "bigots". Is Jesus a bigot?

Forum List

Back