Predict how long before????

A person does not have to reload as often when shooting targets. And that is a good enough reason for me, as the magazine was purchased legally by that person, and no crime was committed.

So you have a smaller magazine and have to reload more often....no biggie...

Respect my Rights as Law abiding citizen without trying to trash my Freedoms every time some nutcase shoots people... No biggie.

A person does not have to reload as often when shooting targets. And that is a good enough reason for me, as the magazine was purchased legally by that person, and no crime was committed.

So you have a smaller magazine and have to reload more often....no biggie...

Respect my Rights as Law abiding citizen without trying to trash my Freedoms every time some nutcase shoots people... No biggie.

Learn to reload your fucking weapon with 15 round clips.............no biggie.

Hey, I'd like to drive my car 250kph on the freeway. It is capable of doing so, and the road can handle a car going that speed. Society has deemed that speed limits should be set without taking away my right to drive a car. You can still have your pea shooter, shoot from your pea shooter, and keep your pea shooter.

Society has laws and limits for a reason, for the well being of a society. You don't want laws? Go live in Somalia. Not only are their no laws, you can own a tank and shoot away until your heart's content...

So................exactly why do you need 30-100 round magazines for?

The only reason I can see is to start a war.

Hey..........even when I was part of the Security Force up in Newport RI (the Naval War College), our clips were never more than 15 rounds.

And yeah...........there were shooting courses we had to go through where we had to reload at least twice.

Are you so fucking lazy you can't reload another clip simply by hitting a button and jamming another in? I can reload a 9mm in less than 2 sec (and that's with the clip in my belt).

Not lazy at all, I just don't think people need to start enacting more, and more anti gun legislation every time some idiot shoots people. The time for attacking my Freedoms is NOT in the hours following a tragedy like Colorado, it is when people are at the very least... Thinking rationally.

Guy, are you CCW. I am, a vet (infantry, airborne), and I know what I am talking about. Our silly CCW training would be enough to get you guys hurt or killed, either by this guy or each other or the cops.

In the Denver case, anyone would have been shot who tried tell the police, "You have to understand!" if they kept a gun in their hands.

You are stupid.

Do you get paid to post this drivel, Fakey? CCW holders are well-trained in the use of their weapons, and while vests and body armor will keep one from getting killed, it doesn't stop one from getting incapacitated. A couple of rounds center mass would have dropped that punk like a bad habit, and the police would have still been 'on the way'.

Don't believe me? Count down 15 seconds, and then add 75 more for the cops to show up.

Really? Your pistol would take down someone in full body armor with a ballistic helmet?

I think this example begs to differ.......................

The North Hollywood shootout was an armed confrontation between two heavily armed and armored bank robbers and officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in the North Hollywood district of Los Angeles on February 28, 1997. Both robbers were killed, eleven police officers and seven civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and the police.[2]

At 9:17 am, Larry Phillips, Jr. and Emil Mătăsăreanu entered and robbed the North Hollywood Bank of America branch. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were confronted by LAPD officers when they exited the bank and a shootout between the officers and robbers ensued. The two robbers attempted to flee the scene, Phillips on foot and Mătăsăreanu in their getaway vehicle, while continuing to engage the officers. The shootout continued onto a residential street adjacent to the bank until Phillips was mortally wounded, including by a self-inflicted gunshot wound; Mătăsăreanu was killed by officers three blocks away. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu are believed to have robbed two other banks using virtually identical methods by taking control of the entire bank and firing automatic weapons for control and entry past 'bullet-proof' security doors, and are possible suspects in two armored vehicle robberies.[3]

Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with their personal 9 mm or .38 Special pistols, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic AKMs and an AR-15 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor. They also wore body armor of their own. Since the police handguns could not penetrate the bank robbers' body armor, the patrol officers' bullets were ineffective. SWAT eventually arrived with rifles powerful enough to penetrate the body armor. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their capabilities in similar situations in the future.[4]

Because of the large number of injuries, rounds fired, weapons used, and overall length of the shootout, it is regarded as one of the longest and bloodiest events in US police history.[5] This incident would later lead to California enforcing a highly restrictive law on firearms, including the controversial "10-round magazine-only" law for most firearms owned by state residents.

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll take a deserved thrashing for conflating Kevlar vests and military grade body armor. I'm man enough to admit when I've erred, unlike some of the people around here.

The fact is, Britain was defeated by a bunch of under-armed, under-fed, under-trained farmers and shopkeepers.

For the romance of the era, you might see it that way.
'
But I note you don't mention mercenaries, or the help fo the French or Indians, or that the British Empire was 'stretched' right around the world....

And how many years into your war does as 'farmer' and a 'shopkeeper' become a soldier? Six months? A year? Two years? Or do they continue to be farmers and soldiers throughout the duration of a war. And does that mean if somebody was a farmer before being drafted into the army during the Vietnam War they continued to be so until the end of their tour?

True, mercenary troops fought on both sides, and I would venture that after 6 months a farmer or shopkeeper, if still alive, could be called a trained soldier.

Hey, I'd like to drive my car 250kph on the freeway. It is capable of doing so, and the road can handle a car going that speed. Society has deemed that speed limits should be set without taking away my right to drive a car. You can still have your pea shooter, shoot from your pea shooter, and keep your pea shooter.

Society has laws and limits for a reason, for the well being of a society. You don't want laws? Go live in Somalia. Not only are their no laws, you can own a tank and shoot away until your heart's content...

And 30 round clips are LEGAL in most States, so what are you babbling about breaking Laws, and moving to Somalia for?

Hey..........even when I was part of the Security Force up in Newport RI (the Naval War College), our clips were never more than 15 rounds.

And yeah...........there were shooting courses we had to go through where we had to reload at least twice.

Are you so fucking lazy you can't reload another clip simply by hitting a button and jamming another in? I can reload a 9mm in less than 2 sec (and that's with the clip in my belt).

Not lazy at all, I just don't think people need to start enacting more, and more anti gun legislation every time some idiot shoots people. The time for attacking my Freedoms is NOT in the hours following a tragedy like Colorado, it is when people are at the very least... Thinking rationally.

How many rounds do you carry in a single clip, and what do you use it for?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

I've got no problem with people owning guns. Matter of fact, I don't even care how many guns a person has.

However....................................

Don't you think that being able to fire 100 rounds before having to reload is a bit over the top?

I thought it was bad last year when Laughtner had 30 round magazines in his 9mm.

High capacity magazines are already regulated by individual States, N.J. has a max capacity of 10 rounds. The problem (as I see it) is that 30 round magazines have flooded the country for decades due to the fact that many are Military Surplus. If you regulate magazine capacities, odds are good that future psychos already have them, or can get them quite easily due to their great numbers, and the only people that are going to get screwed are the people that purchased them legally that do not commit psychotic criminal acts. They purchased them legally, and now some bureaucrat is going to tell them to turn in their personal property simply because someone decided for them that they weren't responsible enough?

Yup....you invested in high capacity magazines and some psychos have ruined it for you

If it becomes harder for psychos to kill people by the dozen.....I'm cool with it

So your willing to piss away your Freedoms and mine, just so you feel safer? I have news for you...More restrictive laws are not going to stop crazy people from going crazy.

I already answered that.

I already answered that.

You never stated how many rounds there were per clip, just that you had high capacity clips for target shooting. How many rounds do they carry?

You have lost everyone's respect who knows anything about American history.
Not by an armed population they didn't. They beat the British with a standing Army and an alliance with France . . . The fact is, Britain was defeated by a bunch of under-armed, under-fed, under-trained farmers and shopkeepers.

The Continental Army was formed after the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War by the colonies that became the United States of America. Established by a resolution of the Continental Congress on June 14, 1775, it was created to coordinate the military efforts of the Thirteen Colonies in their revolt against the rule of Great Britain. The Continental Army was supplemented by local militias and other troops that remained under control of the individual states. General George Washington was the Commander-in-Chief of the army throughout the war.

If the Army was formed AFTER the start of hostilities, who was doing the fighting prior to it's formation?

After it's formation, who joined?

Under-armed, under-fed, under-trained farmers and shopkeepers, that's who, along with a whole bunch of 15 & 16 year old kids.

And 30 round clips are LEGAL in most States, so what are you babbling about breaking Laws, and moving to Somalia for?

yeah, and I'm saying reduce them to 10 or 15 at the most.
Who said anything about breaking laws, I'm talking about creating them..

I already answered that.

You never stated how many rounds there were per clip, just that you had high capacity clips for target shooting. How many rounds do they carry?

30 rounds.

So, it's just too much work to change a clip after 15 rounds?

Wow...................talk about a lazy fucker.

BTW.................should AR-15 owners be allowed 100 round clips if they're just target shooting as well?

yeah, and I'm saying reduce them to 10 or 15 at the most.
Who said anything about breaking laws, I'm talking about creating them..

And that^ is exactly my point. Every time a nutcase does something nutty with firearms, the anti gun crowd chimes in, and wants to curtail people's Freedoms even further.

I don't get why you guys want smaller capacity magazines, it won't make a bit of difference. The proof of that statement is in what ABS posted.
ABikerSailor said:
If you can do it, so can the nutcase that wants to shoot up a movie theater.

The only way to stop all the nutcases is to rescind the 2nd Amendment and disarm EVERYONE, and even then it won't do the trick. Just like drugs and alcohol have proved in the past, prohibition doesn't work.

High capacity magazines are already regulated by individual States, N.J. has a max capacity of 10 rounds. The problem (as I see it) is that 30 round magazines have flooded the country for decades due to the fact that many are Military Surplus. If you regulate magazine capacities, odds are good that future psychos already have them, or can get them quite easily due to their great numbers, and the only people that are going to get screwed are the people that purchased them legally that do not commit psychotic criminal acts. They purchased them legally, and now some bureaucrat is going to tell them to turn in their personal property simply because someone decided for them that they weren't responsible enough?

Yup....you invested in high capacity magazines and some psychos have ruined it for you

If it becomes harder for psychos to kill people by the dozen.....I'm cool with it

So your willing to piss away your Freedoms and mine, just so you feel safer? I have news for you...More restrictive laws are not going to stop crazy people from going crazy.

You don't have freedom to kill 100 people at a pop

30 rounds.

BTW.................should AR-15 owners be allowed 100 round clips if they're just target shooting as well?

Why not? See my previous post...

30 rounds.

The point isn't that people are lazy, the point is that dumping more restrictions on Law abiding citizens, and curtailing their Rights when tragedies like the Colorado shooting come along isn't going to stop shootings. It's just going to hand away a few more Rights and Freedoms... WHEN DOES IT END?

Forum List

Back