Prepare for the next crash: Trump, Goldman Sachs, and the SEC

If you mean "free market" and libertarian goonies, no, I don't hate you. You all are just too stupid to understand your policies hurt more people than they help.
Will you be screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!" at the next market correction?

I'm jumping on this bandwagon! All of Jakes predictions in the past have been spot on!
Such as his constant message of "Trust your government"?

George Carlin said it best:
2guwcqv.jpg

But these Americans know it better:
js0fiq.jpg

We are not talking about how wealth is made, but about rather how recessions and depressions are creating. History is a good thing. Try reading it.
Disagreed since your thread title clearly states it's a conspiracy: "Prepare for the next crash: Trump, Goldman Sachs, and the SEC".

Yes, people make mistakes, but as Hanlon's Razor states, don't attribute those mistakes to malice. As others have stated, the housing market crash and the last oil crisis had players on both sides of the political aisle. All with good intentions, but you know the saying on that one.

Our system of government was intended to obtain the best results of competing parties, but in the past few decades it seems we've only received the worst of both parties. IMHO, this is 1) due to increasingly recalcitrant political partisanship and 2) consequently, why more and more middle class Americans have lost faith in Washington DC. Your constant blaming of the Republicans, and only the Republicans, is an example of what is wrong with our nation.

If you mean "free market" and libertarian goonies, no, I don't hate you. You all are just too stupid to understand your policies hurt more people than they help.
Will you be screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!" at the next market correction?

In all fairness seasoned veteran investors scream that...I've seen it
Then either they are not as "seasoned" as they claim or they are doing so for profit such as selling the market short.

We are not talking about how wealth is made, but about rather how recessions and depressions are creating. History is a good thing. Try reading it.
Disagreed since your thread title clearly states it's a conspiracy: "Prepare for the next crash: Trump, Goldman Sachs, and the SEC".

Yes, people make mistakes, but as Hanlon's Razor states, don't attribute those mistakes to malice. As others have stated, the housing market crash and the last oil crisis had players on both sides of the political aisle. All with good intentions, but you know the saying on that one.

Our system of government was intended to obtain the best results of competing parties, but in the past few decades it seems we've only received the worst of both parties. IMHO, this is 1) due to increasingly recalcitrant political partisanship and 2) consequently, why more and more middle class Americans have lost faith in Washington DC. Your constant blaming of the Republicans, and only the Republicans, is an example of what is wrong with our nation.

The 2008 recession's causes didn't just happen in 2008, they took years to come to fruition... and through both democrat and republican control

I love how people on welfare try to warn us all of the coming economic apocalypse.

Then either they are not as "seasoned" as they claim or they are doing so for profit such as selling the market short.

When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more invested it's unnerving when a correction takes place, seasoned or not. Most certainly when it's an unexpected correction

So you sillies are not going to prepare for the next crash.

OK.
What are you doing to prepare for "the next crash"? Investing in canned goods and shotguns? Stuffing your mattress with cash? Donating all of your money to the Clinton Foundation?

pages-from-100yearchart.jpg

history-chart.png

When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more invested it's unnerving when a correction takes place, seasoned or not. Most certainly when it's an unexpected correction

When one worries about it, then yes, I can see how one can do so. I've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in divorce. My wife lost everything in a house fire; irreplaceable pictures, mementos, etc. Who do you think lost more between the two of us?

Greed, want, desire. Those all stem from a desire for material things. Sure, I want to retire "comfortably" and am on track to do so, but I also have a Plan B and C in case things don't pan out as planned. As "the Serenity Prayer" teaches, I'm not going to worry about things I cannot change. I hope for the best and plan for the worst, but I'm not panicking every time the market has a hiccup.

The bottom line here is that the vast majority of American wealth was betting on the future of our nation and not betting against it.

When one worries about it, then yes, I can see how one can do so. I've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in divorce. My wife lost everything in a house fire; irreplaceable pictures, mementos, etc. Who do you think lost more between the two of us?

Greed, want, desire. Those all stem from a desire for material things. Sure, I want to retire "comfortably" and am on track to do so, but I also have a Plan B and C in case things don't pan out as planned. As "the Serenity Prayer" teaches, I'm not going to worry about things I cannot change. I hope for the best and plan for the worst, but I'm not panicking every time the market has a hiccup.

The bottom line here is that the vast majority of American wealth was betting on the future of our nation and not betting against it.
Sensible regulations is not a bet against the future. It is a help for the future. And, yes, sensible planning with several plans is very smart. Cancer striking a family impedes the future if not hedged against in the planning.

Sensible regulations is not a bet against the future. It is a help for the future. And, yes, sensible planning with several plans is very smart. Cancer striking a family impedes the future if not hedged against in the planning.

The right wings of the GOP caused the 1929 Depression and the 2008-2009 Great Recession with compliant presidents signing bad legislation.

Sounds awful!! Can you give any specific examples of this "bad legislation" that caused the crashes?

The "experts" have been predicting a "crash" since mid February of last year. The S&P is up over 29% since then.

The "experts" don't know shit, and partisans know even less.

Large increases in the stock market based on built in promises are even more cause for concern.

The right wings of the GOP caused the 1929 Depression and the 2008-2009 Great Recession with compliant presidents signing bad legislation.

Sounds awful!! Can you give any specific examples of this "bad legislation" that caused the crashes?
Sure, but I learned along time ago with you, that you will just lie, so , no, not "just once more" for the likes of your kind. :lol:

Straw man argument. I've said nothing about "sensible regulations" or "sensible planning". All I've spoken out about was your political partisan shipping, constant blaming Republicans (and only Republicans) for the problems of our nation (past and present) and against fear-mongering about the collapse of the American economy.

Atheists fear death. Those with faith do not. None of us gets out of here alive.

A few years back there was a correction in the markets, supposedly triggered by a clerk entering a trade wrong (which I never bought into because the system has safeguards to prevent that from happening) in a matter of less than half an hour the market dropped by nearly 1,000 points and trading was halted until they could determine what happened. Investors were losing hundreds of thousands of dollars and even millions by the minute....that is unnerving. There is nothing you can do as your investment vanishes, one moment everything is fine....the next you're in a free fall

The "experts" have been predicting a "crash" since mid February of last year. The S&P is up over 29% since then.

Large increases in the stock market based on built in promises are even more cause for concern.
Mac is a regressive far right pretending to be a middle roader. Simple liar, is he.

Yes, his evidence against a crash is indeed evidence for, because of the incredible over valuation. One the stocks deflate, the easy money will run elsewhere searching for easy profit. Remember that? It could be oil, or even housing again.

So look for the fools in and near your circles, and be prepared to back on their assets for pennies on the dollar.

We are looking at several small condo buildings in centre city SLC that are very over extended on their credit with limited cash flow. Sweet. Two of the HOAs and eleven of the units will be picked off without any problem.

Well, the market runs largely on sentiment, and the sentiment has been positive.

The market is a little frothy right now on a P/E basis, but if earnings catch up, the mid term looks good.

We'll find out soon enough.

Forum List

Back