President Biden blames overseas travel for disastrous debate: 'I nearly fell asleep on stage'

Frankenstein

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2022
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Tuesday blamed jet lag from his recent travels overseas for his disastrous debate performance last week, even though he returned to the United States 12 days before taking the stage with former President Donald Trump.

Biden, facing immense pressure from Democrats following his poor debate showing, made the excuse while addressing donors at a campaign fundraiser in McLean, Virginia outside Washington.

"I didn't have my best night," Biden told supporters. "I wasn't very smart. I decided to travel around the world a couple of times, going through I don't how many times zones.

"I didn't listen to my staff. And then I came back and I nearly fell asleep on stage," Biden said, prompting laughs from some of the donors. “It’s not an excuse but an explanation." :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

200.gif

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Tuesday blamed jet lag from his recent travels overseas for his disastrous debate performance last week, even though he returned to the United States 12 days before taking the stage with former President Donald Trump.

Biden, facing immense pressure from Democrats following his poor debate showing, made the excuse while addressing donors at a campaign fundraiser in McLean, Virginia outside Washington.

"I didn't have my best night," Biden told supporters. "I wasn't very smart. I decided to travel around the world a couple of times, going through I don't how many times zones.

"I didn't listen to my staff. And then I came back and I nearly fell asleep on stage," Biden said, prompting laughs from some of the donors. “It’s not an excuse but an explanation." :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:
Nope, I blame Putin.

But really Climate change was the cause.

Did you really expect him to say, hey I have very few functioning brain cells left?
Besides the debate was held probably our or five hours after his normal time of being put to bed with a clean nappy and a bottle

They forgot his brain on the baggage carousel.

He was jet lagged after 12 days?!

He was jet lagged after 12 days?!
And that is exactly why he's currently being viewed as less than competent to hold the Oval Office. The mere fact that he would think 12 days is not enough time to overcome jet lag is a big problem.

I bet he was tired. The debate started probably an hour before his usual bed time.

Lame jokes aside, thats some pitiful lying and excuse flinging material if I ever saw it. I guess if he thinks he plays the doddering old man routine and people chuckle the he thinks everyone is on board with what he is saying.

Forum List

Back