President Biden blames overseas travel for disastrous debate: 'I nearly fell asleep on stage'

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Tuesday blamed jet lag from his recent travels overseas for his disastrous debate performance last week, even though he returned to the United States 12 days before taking the stage with former President Donald Trump.

Biden, facing immense pressure from Democrats following his poor debate showing, made the excuse while addressing donors at a campaign fundraiser in McLean, Virginia outside Washington.

"I didn't have my best night," Biden told supporters. "I wasn't very smart. I decided to travel around the world a couple of times, going through I don't how many times zones.

"I didn't listen to my staff. And then I came back and I nearly fell asleep on stage," Biden said, prompting laughs from some of the donors. “It’s not an excuse but an explanation." :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:
I wish they would pick one story and stick with it. I'm beginning to think that Joe's word as a Biden doesn't mean a damn thing.

I wish they would pick one story and stick with it. I'm beginning to think that Joe's word as a Biden doesn't mean a damn thing.
I can tell you right now, if it were true about Harris, then an article 25 would be declared this morning. The fact that hasn't happened and won't is why Harris ain't getting close to that spot.

I can tell you right now, if it were true about Harris, then an article 25 would be declared this morning. The fact that hasn't happened and won't is why Harris ain't getting close to that spot.
Joe and his team say he's perfectly fine to be president and that you can't fault him for one bad debate, especially since he had a cold and severe jet lag. You can take his word as a Biden on that. But, I believe he will suddenly decide to do the patriotic thing and not accept the nomination so that he can enjoy his golden years and a younger generation can take over the reigns, even though he is still fully capable of being president. So, the 25th wouldn't apply. LOL. But, he simply can't do another debate.

Joe and his team say he's perfectly fine to be president and that you can't fault him for one bad debate, especially since he had a cold and severe jet lag. You can take his word as a Biden on that. But, I believe he will suddenly decide to do the patriotic thing and not accept the nomination so that he can enjoy his golden years and a younger generation can take over the reigns, even though he is still fully capable of being president. So, the 25th wouldn't apply. LOL. But, he simply can't do another debate.
his campaign money still isn't anyone else's.

I bet he was tired. The debate started probably an hour before his usual bed time.

Lame jokes aside, thats some pitiful lying and excuse flinging material if I ever saw it. I guess if he thinks he plays the doddering old man routine and people chuckle the he thinks everyone is on board with what he is saying.

The debate started probably an hour before his usual bed time.

An hour after his usual bed time.

Forum List

Back