President Obama Believes Marijuana is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol

I love the people who claim this "new weed" is more dangerous and as proof they repeat the same bullshit from Refer Madness and apply it to today.

What, are we supposed to believe the bullshit propaganda from 40 years ago now?

I have to agree. Back in the late seventies and early eighties there was some VERY good smoke out there,and the standard mexican weed was way better then it is today.
Loved the ol skunk bud and the pine tree smelling stuff we called Christmas Tree.

Contrary to pothead belief, pot does not negate the effects of alcohol.

Cant say I've ever heard that claim.
The standard when I was growing up was "always smoke before you drink" Do it in the opposite order and you could find yourself on your ass.

You almost gotta laugh. The administration is at war with (legal) tobacco use with a brand new billion dollar ad campaign designed to scare kids away from tobacco and at the same time the administration coyly refuses to enforce the laws on the books which are designed to curb marijuana use.

You believe seeking to keep kids away from tobacco, a deadly (for sure) and very addictive drug is wrong? That's nuts.

As a good conservative one might think you would applaud the administration's efforts to allow states to experiment with MJ, especially since most states are cash short and by regulating the sale of MJ they are taking revenue from the black market, preventing generally good kids and young adults from buying from the criminal element a product not cut with dangerous chemicals and avoiding a criminal arrest.

To bad Reagan didn't do the same, then you would have approved and we might have avoided years of gang violence, a crack cocaine epidemic and maybe even the AIDS pandemic. Well, you stay with Just say No, it worked so well, didn't it.

Last edited:
How many people have died because someone ELSE was high on weed? In Colorado alone, fatal car accidents involving weed have tripled.

Really?

Is Driving While High Dangerous? Fatal Car Accidents Involving Marijuana Triple Over 10 Years

According to a recent study of marijuana use and car accidents, fatal crashes involving people who were stoned have tripled over the last 10 years. The report, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, found that the incidence of car crash victims with pot in their systems jumped from 4.2 percent in 1999 to 12.2 percent in 2010.

Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled « CBS Seattle

SEATTLE (CBS Seattle) – According to a recent study, fatal car crashes involving pot use have tripled in the U.S.
“Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana,” Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia, and co-author of the study told HealthDay News.

Finding MJ in the body of a corpse does not prove the deceased was under the influence of MJ at the time of death.

I'm glad the tide has turned. Now it can be evaluated through empirical data, instead of conjecture.

If weed is bad - I don't think it's good. Weed + drug war, and black market is way, way worse! I don't understand why people don't get it :confused:

Is Driving While High Dangerous? Fatal Car Accidents Involving Marijuana Triple Over 10 Years

According to a recent study of marijuana use and car accidents, fatal crashes involving people who were stoned have tripled over the last 10 years. The report, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, found that the incidence of car crash victims with pot in their systems jumped from 4.2 percent in 1999 to 12.2 percent in 2010.

SEATTLE (CBS Seattle) – According to a recent study, fatal car crashes involving pot use have tripled in the U.S.
“Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana,” Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia, and co-author of the study told HealthDay News.

Finding MJ in the body of a corpse does not prove the deceased was under the influence of MJ at the time of death.

Finding alcohol doesn't mean they were drunk either.

Dr. Kevin Sabet is the director of the drug policy institute. His book Reefer Sanity might answer some of your questions and settle controversy.

He's right.

Does that matter?

Why does Obama refuse to remove marijuana from Schedule 1 status?

Because Obama is a fake. I really don't believe anything hes says anymore. Remember when he promised to have the "most transparent admin in history", lol?

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

The above is a fact. Obama is no more a fake than anyone who has ever assumed a position of authority and sees the world with a different perspective; something most Reagan Republicans know nothing about.

Finding alcohol doesn't mean they were drunk either.

Bullshit. Alcohol metabolizes at an once an hour; MJ can remain in ones system for up to a month. You don't know anything, I'm amazed at how stupid you are.

Dr. Kevin Sabet is the director of the drug policy institute. His book Reefer Sanity might answer some of your questions and settle controversy.

He's certainly made a lot of money off of opposing marijuana.

When it's finally legalized his entire life's work will be erased from history. And he won't even be a footnote.

But that's okay because he made enough money to support his family. Which is very admirable... but in a sad way in this case.

Last edited:
1937:
ReeferMadnessPoster.jpg

ReeferMadness4.jpg

1942:
Hemp_for_victory_1942.png

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

Is it difficult to understand? Marijuana was outlawed as the worst drug ever in 1937, and then legalized in 1942. All of the violence and mayhem and crime that Conservatives said was going to happen because of "Marihuana" did not happen. In fact, the US used "Marihuana" to end global genocide.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Why does Obama refuse to remove marijuana from Schedule 1 status?

Because Obama is a fake. I really don't believe anything hes says anymore. Remember when he promised to have the "most transparent admin in history", lol?

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

The above is a fact. Obama is no more a fake than anyone who has ever assumed a position of authority and sees the world with a different perspective; something most Reagan Republicans know nothing about.

You can't summarily dismiss the utter absurdity of his administration with a quip from Webster.

Daniel Webster

You can't summarily dismiss the utter absurdity of his administration with a quip from Webster.

I've been clean for years. But I bet I could outsmoke the fucker

President Obama Believes Marijuana is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol.

.... And?

So do most people especially anyone who knows anything about the two substances, including medical/scientific studies for the last seventy years.

In other astonishing news, the sun set in the west today
snore.gif

Last edited:
I love the people who claim this "new weed" is more dangerous and as proof they repeat the same bullshit from Refer Madness and apply it to today.

What, are we supposed to believe the bullshit propaganda from 40 years ago now?

I have to agree. Back in the late seventies and early eighties there was some VERY good smoke out there,and the standard mexican weed was way better then it is today.
Loved the ol skunk bud and the pine tree smelling stuff we called Christmas Tree.

"Today's (fill in your drug of choice here) is much stronger than it was ten, twenty years ago"... heard it in the 00s... heard it in the '90s... heard it in the '80s... heard it in the 70s... will hear it again in the '20s... will hear it again in the '30s....
snore.gif

How many people have died because someone ELSE was high on weed? In Colorado alone, fatal car accidents involving weed have tripled.

Katz- alcohol is far more dangerous in this category (when it comes to driving cars). Absolutely no question at all. There isn't even a debate.

As marijuana becomes legalized, like alcohol is legalized, driving deaths involving marijuana will eclipse drunk driving. Not to mention that many times, the offending driver is both drunk and high.

No, you're lying again!

Forum List

Back