President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

Posturing gesture...

Yet still calling for more confiscation from others.. and still spending the country into oblivion
Precisely.

And besides that, obama's government pay is just a paltry sum in comparison to the millions he rakes in from people like his owner, George Soros.

Wake up and smell the coffee swallow. You're really looking like an ignorant little libtard with his lips permanently stuck to obama's ass on this one.

sallow is programmed Iam....and he suffered a consequent loss of integrity that goes along with that, ask him about Jack Lew ...:lol:

He sure did.
He was a respectable poster here before, I may have disagreed with him on most things but he used to come from an honest place. Now - he is a pre-programmed auto-bot regurgitating White House talking points with little more believability than T-M.

:lol:

When insults and well worn cliches are all you have..

It puts on display, exactly how weak your argument is.

And as this thread demonstrates..the argument is VERY weak.

I put up a simple idea..that conservatives, even though they ADVOCATE that leaders in the government should do this EXACT thing, would never get behind Obama..when he actually DID it. With ONE exception (Freedombecki)..you folks have been kitchen sinking this thread.

Gotta love it.

:clap2:

oh yawn, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back
when obama donates ALL OF HIS SALARY, then he can be seen as heroic...Until then the majority of people see it for what it is...but he knows his base well you have to admit that

Last edited:
He sure did.
He was a respectable poster here before, I may have disagreed with him on most things but he used to come from an honest place. Now - he is a pre-programmed auto-bot regurgitating White House talking points with little more believability than T-M.

I put up a simple idea..that conservatives, even though they ADVOCATE that leaders in the government should do this EXACT thing, would never get behind Obama..when he actually DID it. With ONE exception (Freedombecki)..you folks have been kitchen sinking this thread.

Gotta love it.

oh yawn, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back
when obama donates ALL OF HIS SALARY, then he can be seen as heroic...Until then the majority of people see it for what it is...but he knows his base well you have to admit that

Goalpost moving..

Another well worn Conservative tactic.

But then again..you folks just want him out.

That was the political agenda of the Republican Party during the first four years.

And that's with this country involved in 2 wars, a huge financial crisis and massive unemployment.

The conservative answer to that was to oust the newly elected President.

Um..he got em all killed and stuff.

And while we are at it..how about Bush's diplomats and embassy workers along with some 4k or so troops and untold numbers of foreign folks.

He have to pay for that too?
how did he get them killed?.....

Same exact way Obama got those fellas killed in Benghazi..sheesh!

Man, you ask alot of silly questions.

So the advisors within the Obama administration, based on all the "knowledge" and intelligence given to them concerning all these numerous reports of terrorist attacks on so many embassies, knew that American embassies in that region would be volatile to yet another terrorist attack. Still, based on the information handed to them in regards to Benghazi, (despite foreknown knowledge of intelligence surrounding attacks on American embassies) they deduced the BEST plausible conclusion surrounding the death of a U.S. Ambassador was a "protest" over a video. That is what representatives of this administration initially focused on releasing to the public. How did that ever make any sense?

Last edited:
sallow is programmed Iam....and he suffered a consequent loss of integrity that goes along with that, ask him about Jack Lew ...:lol:

He sure did.

Gotta love it.

No what we love is that you disregard the litany of IMPORTANT and CRITICAL promises and claims by Obama that he has not, nor will ever come through - and you find this one insignificant gesture and make it out to be something significant.
Sorta like praising Bernie Madoff for being honest on his cell phone contract.

My point - Obama is a common politician, and as such there is a looong list of half-truths, false claims and outright lying.
You pick out one thing and accuse us of not praising him for it.
Well - excuse us for not being gleeful fools.

He sure did.

Gotta love it.

No what we love is that you disregard the litany of IMPORTANT and CRITICAL promises and claims by Obama that he has not, nor will ever come through - and you find this one insignificant gesture and make it out to be something significant.
Sorta like praising Bernie Madoff for being honest on his cell phone contract.

My point - Obama is a common politician, and as such there is a looong list of half-truths, false claims and outright lying.
You pick out one thing and accuse us of not praising him for it.
Well - excuse us for not being gleeful fools.

Hes a very low information sheep that is distracted easily, perfect Ministry of Truth stooge.....as your point is exactly spot on, example-

ask Shallow about Jack Lew.....;)

Showing Integrity:

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

I have been told I will be subject to furloughs probably starting in August, they are talking 8-12 days total for the next 10 months....

so, lets use a yardstick you have totted out often enough-

whats the big deal for a guy whos rich already, giving up 20K ( probably less if he takes it out after taxes) compared to little ole me losing 8 days pay?? :eusa_eh:

yup, thought so....:eusa_whistle:

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

I have been told I will be subject to furloughs probably starting in August, they are talking 8-12 days total for the next 10 months....

so, lets use a yardstick you have totted out often enough-

whats the big deal for a guy whos rich already, giving up 20K ( probably less if he takes it out after taxes) compared to little ole me losing 8 days pay?? :eusa_eh:

He sure did.

Gotta love it.

when you try and be clever and trot out some inane sheep fodder, like this for example, you usually wind up looking like a hypocritical, disingenuous and ultimately dishonest tool *shrugs* it is what it is....as we see here. :eusa_whistle:

calling you or making a comment that you're programmed is not an insult, it is, a fact.

so, want to address my remark quoted above, third time I have posted it, anything to say or add?

I haven't 'conceded' anything.

I also find it hilarious that people that vote in atrocious presidents that Bush somehow think that a president like Obama, who they didn't vote for, should be held to a higher standard.

Like on the whole topic of debt and deficit reduction.

Or wars.

Or expanding government power.

If anything, on all points, Obama's contracted.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

He's contracted government power..... ahhh ok. That's why he quickly pushed for Obamacare and enforcement through the IRS. Absolutely no government power there.

Executive Order 13491 -- Ensuring Lawful Interrogations | The White House

:eusa_whistle:

What does any of that have to do with liberal Democrats pushing government enforcement power through Obamacare? How was that law contracting government power exactly?

I haven't 'conceded' anything.

I also find it hilarious that people that vote in atrocious presidents that Bush somehow think that a president like Obama, who they didn't vote for, should be held to a higher standard.

Like on the whole topic of debt and deficit reduction.

Or wars.

Or expanding government power.

If anything, on all points, Obama's contracted.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

He's contracted government power..... ahhh ok. That's why he quickly pushed for Obamacare and enforcement through the IRS. Absolutely no government power there.

Executive Order 13491 -- Ensuring Lawful Interrogations | The White House

:eusa_whistle:

I don't see anything there about contracting government power, maybe you can point out what it is you think accomplished that.

Maybe you can't.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.

Notwithstanding party affiliation, this is unPresidential.
Such and action is beneath the Office.
It is a convenient political "look at what I AM doing"...
5% on his salary does not even put a dent in the money we have thrown about for Obama's golf trips and Michelle and the girl's vacations.
PLEASE stop the nonsense.
The Obama's have been living in the lap of luxury. While people of their own constituency are drowning in red ink and poverty, the Obama's are living it up. And now this..
It's disgusting.

What an interesting perspective.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

5% on his salary does not even put a dent in the money we have thrown about for Obama's golf trips and Michelle and the girl's vacations.
The Obama's have been living in the lap of luxury. While people of their own constituency are drowning in red ink and poverty, the Obama's are living it up. And now this..
It's disgusting.

Well hell... with this
President Obama took heat from friend and foe alike by signing on for a pair of speeches at $400,000 apiece, but a mystery fee for a climate change address in Milan this week could leave those deals in the dust.May 11, 2017

He could sign his WHOLE presidential salary and wouldn't make a difference!
Obama's mystery fee for Italy speech renews debate over lucrative lecturing by ex-presidents

Barack Obama to make $1.2m from three Wall Street speeches

It is unknown how much the Obamas’ Netflix agreement — which will see them produce through their newly formed company Higher Ground Productions — is worth. In March, Penguin Random House signed the couple to a joint book deal that pays them a reported $65 million for their respective memoirs.
Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Netflix Production Deal

Why the PR value of his cheap 5% offer makes up for whatever.
Come on Obamas! Why take the $400,000 Pension in the first place!

Trump's giving HIS current presidential salary totally!

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

It's disgusting.

Well hell... with this
President Obama took heat from friend and foe alike by signing on for a pair of speeches at $400,000 apiece, but a mystery fee for a climate change address in Milan this week could leave those deals in the dust.May 11, 2017

Obama's mystery fee for Italy speech renews debate over lucrative lecturing by ex-presidents

It is unknown how much the Obamas’ Netflix agreement — which will see them produce through their newly formed company Higher Ground Productions — is worth. In March, Penguin Random House signed the couple to a joint book deal that pays them a reported $65 million for their respective memoirs.

Trump will never be made such an offer.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

It's disgusting.

Well hell... with this

Trump will never be made such an offer.

I don't' know why we smart people have to constantly educate you dummies.
LOOK... Trump having successful TV career with 2 billion viewers over 11 years KNEW as any smart business person what it took to win and it DIDN"T take winning the popular VOTE dummies!
If it did don't you think Trump would have spent a lot of time in New York his HOME state?
So how much did Trump spend in NY??? Considerably less then Hillary and he spent hardly anything in CA.
Here's what Clinton, Trump spent to turn out votes

Forum List

Back