President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

President Obama's not even in the 1% ballpark..

He is a multi-millionaire. What is the alleged "standard" these days for being in the so-called 1%?

I'd say it starts at around a billion or so.

Obama's worth around 10 million.

Well, that's silly.

We have a population of roughly 350 million.

The top 1 per cent of which comes to 3.5 million.

We don't have millions of billionaires.

As I recall, the top 10% of the U.S. population in terms of wealth has a median net worth of something around $5 million. So OF the top 10% half (or 5% of the total U.S. population) have MORE than a 5 million dollar net worth.

I believe (subject to verification) that having a net worth of over 11 million dollars places one NOT just in the top 5% but in the top 1%.

SOME of that 1% class do constitute billionaires. But being a billionaire is not a requirement to be a so-called 1%-er.

Obama's constant class warfare rhetoric doesn't always serve him well -- even when he does occasionally have some facts supporting his rhetoric.

Last edited:
President Obama's not even in the 1% ballpark..

The top one percent of all wage earners starts at about $350k per year.
The President makes $450k ( $50k expense allowance included) per year..
According to Kiplingers, the top 1% threshold starts at $343,926...
So the Obama's ARE 1%ers...
Tough shit.
Oh, I would suspect that once the Chosen One has left the taxpayer rolls, he will make millions doing speaking engagements, writing books, while Michelle will do the same plus she will be appointed to the board of some prestigious hospital because the management thinks it looks good. They will pay her half a million a year for a job she will not have to show up for.
The one percenters you people despise. Fucking hypocrites.

:lol:

Alrighty..

People making $350K a year are rubbing elbows with Bill Gates and the Koch Brothers..

Gotta love you folks.

And I don't "despise" anyone.

But it is sort of curious why you folks seem to worship these "Makers", since what they seem to make is alot of misery.

This low tax thing has been tried on them multiple times. And the result is always the same. The government is starved of revenue, they don't create the forecasted jobs (that supposely makes up for the tax cuts) and they use a great deal of their new revenue to stash away from tax collectors and lobby law makers for legislation that makes them even more cash.

Makes no sense at all.

You say."revenue to stash away from tax collectors"
I thought you like all these typical Obama supporters thought ONLY OBAMA had a stash?
WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from, but he givin' it to us,
WOMAN #2: And we love him.
WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

Also these "stashes".. do these stashers hide it under the mattresses or bury in the backyard?
Just curious where ignorant people think these greedy profiteers put their "stashes".

^Case in point.

:eusa_angel:

Sorry. But the fact is, in this case you have shown yourself to be far too easily impressed.

It's adorable.

Before I try google, do you remember any other President doing something like this?

Kennedy did it.

Washington offered to, as has been discussed.

Here in the NY area, Mayor McNanny, who IS a billionaire, does not accept the mayoral salary.

I believe Gov. Romney turned his gubernatorial salary down, too.

It doesn't appear to be all that unusual. And no matter how you slice it, when the President earns $400,000.oo annually, plus the use of a free house, a free jet, and he gets a big old expense budget and lots of other perks and is already a multi millionaire, the gesture of returning 5% of the $400,000.00 is not really much more substantive than a stage prop.

It sounds like the kind of pointless gesture Kim Jong-Un would make and his mindless worshipers would have the same reaction

How much of Kim Jong-Un's salary does that fat commie return to "the people?"

And how much does that roly poly motherfucker earn?

Sorry. But the fact is, in this case you have shown yourself to be far too easily impressed.

It's adorable.

Before I try google, do you remember any other President doing something like this?

Kennedy did it.

Washington offered to, as has been discussed.

Here in the NY area, Mayor McNanny, who IS a billionaire, does not accept the mayoral salary.

I believe Gov. Romney turned his gubernatorial salary down, too.

It doesn't appear to be all that unusual. And no matter how you slice it, when the President earns $400,000.oo annually, plus the use of a free house, a free jet, and he gets a big old expense budget and lots of other perks and is already a multi millionaire, the gesture of returning 5% of the $400,000.00 is not really much more substantive than a stage prop.

ObamaHalo1.jpg

Don't blaspheme against Sallow's Lord and Savior

The liberals' prayer:

The Obama is our shepard, we shall not want.

OPM shall comfort us all the days of our lives.

Amen.

President Hoover a Republican, was the first to donate his entire salary to charity, then President Kennedy.
Governor Mitt Romney never took a salary.
The House froze their salaries in 2011 and extended it after it expired in 2012.
It was a Republican who was the first to not get paid as President, so it has been a GOP policy first, before any Dem decided to do it.

President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind.

He's having sex with Michelle?

NOTICE he's doing it to stand in "solidarity" with the federal workers who will be getting laid off?

I guess all you PEONS in the 8% UNEMPLOYED all of his Presidency didn't count in his book..He didn't do it FOR YOU now DID HE..

this man is HORRIBLE

:lol:

Seriously..what are you talking about?

What do you think the stimulus package and GM bailouts were all about?

Saving jobs.

This congress has decided to do something entirely radical and unprecedented.

Cut off money to the states during a time of economic distress to make a political point. And that's it. Doesn't matter who it effects.

Congress didn't do this during either of the Reagan (Who spent wildly on states to hire state employees) or Bush (Who spent wildly on the states to hire state employees). They sorta tried it on Clinton..but in the end relented. And then Clinton spent wildly on the states to hire state employees. The state money spigot was always open with George W. Bush..and it closed with Obama.

Now that jobs that are necessary in a variety of ways..don't exist.

And you folks are bitchin'.

Go figure.

The stimulus was about trickle down government, and the GM bailout was about protecting a favored political constituency.

George Washington and Ronald Reagan...

Swallow, you're so fucking stupid it's funny. Thanks for the shitty economy and record poor people by the way.

In an era which nearly 50 million people have had from 100 to 50 percent of their wages taken from them, true leadership is giving back 5 percent.

It is the right thing to do.

Impressed, I am not.

In an era which nearly 50 million people have had from 100 to 50 percent of their wages taken from them, true leadership is giving back 5 percent.

Impressed, I am not.

After the tens of millions spent on a seemingless non stop amount of golf and vacations Obama decides to tip the country. Awesome.

Swallow, you're so fucking stupid it's funny. Thanks for the shitty economy and record poor people by the way.

You so fucking gay that gay people say Dayum..Avorysucks is really gay.

And no..no thanks.

Go swallow some other old geezer's jiz fagboi.

Impressed, I am not.

Okay.

How would you have stopped wages going down?

And no..no thanks.

And even after this (one of many) displays of pure hate filled homophobia, not a single liberal on these boards will call Swallow out as a bigot. Not one... Instead these same liberals that self identify themselves as being enlightened, intelligent and tolerant will give "thanks" to swallow at later dates, ignoring the fact that he is one of the biggest bigots on these boards.

Last edited:

Impressed, I am not.

Okay.

Well for starters, not voted for Obama... But you did, twice, and that means you and Obama now own this shit economy. Or is going on 5 years not enough time to even manage stopping the bleeding of jobs. Jobs that we lose 2 through 6 times as many of than we gain ever single month under Obama, giving us record amounts of unemployed.

And no..no thanks.

Seriously? This is the best you've got? You lived as long a life as you have and this is all you have?

Impressed, I am not.

Okay.

Moving the goal posts now?

The topic is about Obama giving up a whole 5% of his wages. The fact that he was the one that promotes shared sacrifice, I was commenting on his unimpressive interpretation of that shared sacrifice.

Stopping the job loss was as simple as removing the downward pressure on job growth AFTER the equities debacle sorted itself out.

But why don't you tell Me how Obama stopped the job losses that was NOT attributed to the private sector slowly working its way out of this mess, against the hurricane force headwinds of massive governmental regulations.

I won't wait up.

Forum List

Back