President plans to unveil new 20% 'minimum tax' on 700 super-rich Americans that would levy ALL forms of income for families worth more than $100M

Unless you sell them or they pay dividends there's no income.

Stock values fluctuate from minute to minute but you don't realize any actual gains unless you sell them.

I know how it works, I also know this system abused by the rich to not pay reasonable tax rates middle class is paying.

Elon Musk "borrows" from his companies, while keeping all in his money in their stocks.

It's not a simple taxation reform, but this idea that the rich CAN'T be reasonably taxed is pure BS.

I know how it works, I also know this system abused by the rich to not pay reasonable tax rates middle class is paying.

Elon Musk "borrows" from his companies, while keeping all in his money in their stocks.

It's not a simple taxation reform, but this idea that the rich CAN'T be reasonably taxed is pure BS.
Borrowed money is not income. It only becomes income if you fail to repay the loan.

Borrowed money is not income. It only becomes income if you fail to repay the loan.
Guess what they have to have to pay them back? Income, and they pay taxes on that income today. These people are clueless

Yep not income, he just lives a lavish lifestyle on it while getting away with not paying reasonable tax rates that I and other middle class Americans pay.

I really don't know what's in it for YOU to support this broken status quo, but it makes no fn sense.

Yep not income, he just lives a lavish lifestyle on it while getting away with not paying reasonable tax rates that I and other middle class Americans pay.

I really don't know what's in it for YOU to support this broken status quo, but it makes no fn sense.
You really just have no clue at all what you're talking about.

If you borrow that money and fail to repay it, it is taxed as normal income.

You can't pay it back, without actual income and you sure can't live lavishly off of it without then doing one or the other.

Now call me crazy but when a guy has to pay 11Bn in income taxes for a single year I'm pretty sure he had taxable income appropriate for such a tax bill.

My wealth is higher if my mortgage is paid off versus if I have 1% equity in the house.
Pretty sure my property tax is the same in either case.
The property tax is taxes on the property value. It has nothing to do with your wealth. I understand where you're coming from.

You really just have no clue at all what you're talking about.

If you borrow that money and fail to repay it, it is taxed as normal income.

You can't pay it back, without actual income and you sure can't live lavishly off of it without then doing one or the other.

Now call me crazy but when a guy has to pay 11Bn in income taxes for a single year I'm pretty sure he had taxable income appropriate for such a tax bill.

Cool story, but there actually IS a reason one of the richest men in the world borrows money from his companies and lives in houses those companies own.

How is it "abused."

You’re still confused at what is income

Forum List

Back