President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

CAPTAIN CHAOS is at it again.....trying to deflect from his own woes......

Should we allow other countries like communist China to dump steel in the U.S. killing jobs for American workers? That's what liberals in this thread are saying. If China dumping steel into the U.S. was hurting illegals the liberals would be in an uproar.
What's worse is Trump Enterprises that has its manufacturing base in China,, is flooding the market with their cheaply made products that are killing American jobs!

"Steel and aluminum tariffs are corporate welfare. They benefit the few through a tax imposed on all Americans." - Wacky Justin Amash

The Free Traders had their chance. They failed.
Trumps tax cuts are now null and void, he put a dagger into the hearts of the middle class the poor and ALL those using steel, cars planes etc etc etc Steel industry ALREADY benefit thru lower taxes

???? we use steel and aluminum made in china for our
cars ??
Hardly...

Anything to get the social media from ripping on fearless Trump tweets...

As usual GOP voters are Mindless drones...
Actually, the GOP has come out strongly against this move.

That doesn't matter to Franco.

Like the vast majority of lefties, no matter what, he just attacks those who oppose his agenda.

Facts don't matter.
Funny how the GOP just keeps doing this kind of crap which kills regular Americans. And you dupes just keep voting for them.

The "Free Trade" policies that have made US the world's bitch on trade have has strong, constant bi-PARTISAN support for decades.

Trump didn't create the Rust Belt. The policies of the last 50 years have.

This is the US finally doing SOMETHING in response to the obvious fact that World Trade is slanted against US.

How much do you think the Union's had a part in the creating the Rust Belt, I am from one of those states and in 1990 one of big 3 plants had one of the biggest drug rings operating out of it and the UAW kept most of their jobs. Let's don't put the total blame on government. I have or had no problems of someone making $25.00 per hour back then or rather $37 with benefits but by god they needed to work for that in which most did not but rather bragged about working about 3 hours out of an 8 hour shift, getting high, sleeping half their shifts and loving the overtime that they didn't have to do anything. So don't blame the government. NAFTA woke up the unions and the American worker and now you cry, should have worried back then.

Like the vast majority of lefties, no matter what, he just attacks those who oppose his agenda.

Facts don't matter.
Funny how the GOP just keeps doing this kind of crap which kills regular Americans. And you dupes just keep voting for them.

The "Free Trade" policies that have made US the world's bitch on trade have has strong, constant bi-PARTISAN support for decades.

This is the US finally doing SOMETHING in response to the obvious fact that World Trade is slanted against US.

How much do you think the Union's had a part in the creating the Rust Belt, I am from one of those states and in 1990 one of big 3 plants had one of the biggest drug rings operating out of it and the UAW kept most of their jobs. Let's don't put the total blame on government. I have or had no problems of someone making $25.00 per hour back then or rather $37 with benefits but by god they needed to work for that in which most did not but rather bragged about working about 3 hours out of an 8 hour shift, getting high, sleeping half their shifts and loving the overtime that they didn't have to do anything. So don't blame the government. NAFTA woke up the unions and the American worker and now you cry, should have worried back then.
That's the neat thing about retirement, you don't have to work and you still get paid...

Facts don't matter.

Yeah, because CEOs who meet at banquets and barbecues aren’t in reality unions and that’s why they’re making 300 times the average professionals salaries.
Grow up.

President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum
Good, lord. So rather than putting a tariff on value-added products, finished goods, he taxes raw materials, thus ensuring that the economic impacts of the tariff flows through the entire supply chain. That's brilliant. NOT!!! It's flat-out stupid.

Effects of a Tariff: Large Country
90img29.gif

When a large importing country implements a tariff it will cause an increase in the price of the good on the domestic market and a decrease in the price in the rest of the world. But since Trump wants to impose the tariff on raw materials, it'll raise not only the price of steel and aluminum in the U.S., but also the price of everything made from that steel and aluminum.

As for who will bear the incidence of the tax/tariff, well, that depends on the elasticity of demand and the elasticity of supply for each given product class, and in some instances, each differentiable product.

6a00d83451688169e2013485ebb420970c-pi

Hey pinhead.....China has been dumping below-cost steel and other metals on us for over a decade. Not only will it not raise prices, it will lower prices due to increased volume by American producers. All your charts and graphs prove is that you don't understand the impact of tariffs. China can't pay both shipping costs and a 25% duty on their items without raising their price above American steel and aluminum.
Wrong. What is it Obama won at the WTO?
How many times do I have to post the same damn links? Don’t you guys ever read?

Facts don't matter.

Yeah, because CEOs who meet at banquets and barbecues aren’t in reality unions and that’s why they’re making 300 times the average professionals salaries.
Grow up.

What is a reality union?

Facts don't matter.

Grow up.

What is a reality union?
CEOs have their own private “Union”.
You think it’s a coincidence that dozens of Wall Street firms can lay off 100,000 people on the same day without discussing it beforehand?

am still befuddled. If we do not use CHINESE steel
and aluminum in building OUR CARS------or other fancy
stuff------how is a tariff AFFECTING ME? I thought that
tariff would affect lousy substandard Chinese knives and
screw drivers

"We must protect our country and our workers. Our steel industry is in bad shape. IF YOU DON’T HAVE STEEL, YOU DON’T HAVE A COUNTRY!" - President Trump

screw drivers
You would understand If you worshipped your Stock Portfolio and didn’t give a shit about anybody but yourself.

screw drivers

Because the tariffs are not just on China, but every country that sends us steel. Do you ever read anything for yourself?

Fuck this board is filled with so many uninformed people it is almost scary.

screw drivers
You would understand If you worshipped your Stock Portfolio and didn’t give a shit about anybody but yourself.

sorry ----your answer is NOT satisfactory----I is still
befuddled

screw drivers

befuddled
In reality, any answer provided will only be theoretical.

screw drivers

Because the tariffs are not just on China, but every country that sends us steel. Do you ever read anything for yourself?

thank-you------your response is a bit more elucidating------
Is the problem that things made with steel will now COST
more for us average middle class slobs?

screw drivers

thank-you------your response is a bit more elucidating------
Is the problem that things made with steel will now COST
more for us average middle class slobs?
GG’s answer is pure theory.

screw drivers

befuddled
In reality, any answer provided will only be theoretical.

THAT ^^^^ is comforting in a mystical way

Forum List

Back