President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

Does Hillary Clinton, Mika Bresinski, or Anderson Cooper even know what a working class 8 hour day is like? From their sheltered world? I would be coated in black from head to toe in the mill I used to work in. Sweat your ass off in January. But it paid the bills, got you into the middle class and was the American Dream. Was. Thanks Democrats for selling that out.
Your heroes Koch Brothers have no idea what an 8 hour workday is.
D90u9YR.jpg
I don’t give a fuck about them What about my hometown...others like it? Suicides by vets who serve and can’t find a job when they get out? Fuck your paltry fucking political talking points bullshit.

Millions of Americans lose jobs to unfair trade...liberal Democrats kids...well...JFK’s granddaughter...

Does Hillary Clinton, Mika Bresinski, or Anderson Cooper even know what a working class 8 hour day is like? From their sheltered world? I would be coated in black from head to toe in the mill I used to work in. Sweat your ass off in January. But it paid the bills, got you into the middle class and was the American Dream. Was. Thanks Democrats for selling that out.
D90u9YR.jpg
I don’t give a fuck about them What about my hometown...others like it? Suicides by vets who serve and can’t find a job when they get out? Fuck your paltry fucking political talking points bullshit.

Maybe if your GOP wouldn't lie us into wars so folks like Cheney can get richer, there would be fewer Veterans with psychological problems. Where did you stand on the Iraq war? Let me guess. All for it. BTW, you need to calm down because like Trump, you could make rash decisions.

D90u9YR.jpg

Maybe if your GOP wouldn't lie us into wars so folks like Cheney can get richer, there would be fewer Veterans with psychological problems. Where did you stand on the Iraq war? Let me guess. All for it. BTW, you need to calm down because like Trump, you could make rash decisions.
Oh. Our wars are about $$$. OK ANTIFA burb boy. How many years military service do you have?

Of course these costs will get immediately passed on to consumers, which always happens whenever tariffs are raised.

not if they change sources to American manufacturers.

Easy way to avoid the tax.

Do you know why manufacturers buy imported steel?

It's because American steel is more expensive.

If these tariffs are passed, prices are going up on anything made with steel - and we as a country will be less competitive in the international markets.

Trump had to start a war somewhere, and this is it.:auiqs.jpg: The stock market is already taking a nose dive over it. Tariffs have never created a single job, but they're great for job loss's.

RAMclr-030816-trump-IBD-extra.jpg

The offended tariffed country will just tariff American products. Sending prices on everything skyrocketing to American consumers. The Fed will jump in to fight inflation, American consumers will cut back on their spending and loans and then the job layoffs start. This is the only result of a trade war.

In fact, the Smoot Hawley tariff of the Great Depression in the 1930's is responsible for making that depression last much longer than it should have.
The Smoot-Hawley Tariff and the Great Depression | Theodore Phalan, Deema Yazigi, Thomas Rustici

Last edited:
some folks are sayin Trump's tariffs will raise the cost of your beer!

Cans are made of aluminum so it will cost more to put beer in a can, They can do one of two things. Raise the price or cut costs by laying people off.
The cost increase will be about $0.0001 per can.

You are so full of bullshit.
Prove it.

You are the one who has to prove it. You are the one making the claims like you are a super accountant. Prove your statements.
I have to prove I'm full of bullshit? I hardly think so.

I don't believe that good jobs and affordable goods are mutually exclusive. There is no reason to consistently lose. The media makes it sound like it is impossible to promote good jobs without cataclysmic price increases. They couldn't cheer any harder for the continued extermination of the middle class if they tried. I'm also tired of proposed tariffs being called a "Planned Economy." That is an exaggeration and you know it. Bad trade deals are not free trade, it is just willful theft. Fair trade and free trade can coexist.

Fake CNN says: To prove we at Fake CNN aren’t always anti-Trump, we did today endorse and urge Trump to levy a tariff on AR-15s so that they will be too costly to buy anymore.

See if you recognize a pattern:
— Trump keeps campaign promise.
— Media create “chaos in the White House” narrative stories with anonymous sources.

Rinse and repeat.

this is aimed only at China. it's a limited thing.

you have to do what's right and then see what the consequences are.

Carl Icahn Perfectly Timed $30 Million Stock Dump
MARCH 02, 20182:30 PM
By HENRY GRABAR

Onetime Trump adviser Carl Icahn sold more than $30 million in steel-sensitive crane stock in the weeks before the president announced his intention to slap a 25 percent tax on steel imports, according to an SEC filing flagged by ThinkProgress.

Various partnerships under Icahn’s control sold off almost a million shares of the Manitowoc Co. starting with big sales on Feb. 12 and 13. On Feb. 16, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross published a report calling for a 24 percent tariff on steel imports to the United States.* On Feb. 21 and 22, Icahn dumped another several hundred thousand shares, dropping his ownership stake below 5 percent and releasing him from the responsibility to disclose further sales. Then, on Thursday, Trump announced he would be signing steel tariffs next week, despite vocal opposition from business interests.

Trump has been rumbling about steel tariffs since the campaign trail, of course, but Icahn’s timing was remarkable: Manitowoc’s stock has fallen by about 20 percent since Icahn began dumping it, punctuated by big losses after the Ross report and Trump’s announcement on Thursday. Icahn saved several million dollars by unloading his stock between $32 and $34 a share. (It was $27 at the time of publication.) ...

Carl Icahn Perfectly Timed $30 Million Stock Dump Before Trump’s Tariff Announcement

The sad thing about your post is that I think Trump believes this move is going after China as I do not believe he is well informed enough to know that we get very little steel from China.

The sad thing about your post is that I think Trump believes this move is going after China as I do not believe he is well informed enough to know that we get very little steel from China.
Ex-Trump adviser sold $31m in shares days before president announced steel tariffs
Source: The Guardian (UK)

Carl Icahn, a former special adviser to Donald Trump, sold $31.3m of shares in a company heavily dependent on steel imports last week, shortly before Trump’s announcement of new tariffs sent its shares plummeting.

Icahn, a billionaire investor who was a major Trump supporter, started selling shares in the crane and lifting equipment supplier Manitowoc Company on 12 February, days before the commerce department first mooted plans to impose stiff tariffs on foreign steel imports...

...On Thursday Trump said he would press ahead with the commerce department’s plans to levy 25% tariffs on imports of steel and 10% on aluminium.

According to a regulatory filing Icahn was able to sell his shares for $32 to $34. On Friday morning Manitowoc’s shares had fallen 5.48% to $26.37. The fall was in line with drops seen by other companies dependent on cheap steel imports, including Boeing and Caterpillar.

Read more: Ex-Trump adviser sold $31m in shares days before president announced steel tariffs

Carl Icahn? Worked for Trump? Engaged in insider trading?

Worked great back in 2002:
The protection of the steel industry in the United States had unintended consequences and perverse effects: it reduced production of steel in the United States,[how?] increased costs to users, and increased unemployment in associated industries. A study from 2003 found that around 200,000 jobs were lost as a result.[6][7]
I wonder what Trump tower is built from?

And Obama's chinese tires.
I remember the Bush’s flooded the market too with cheap Chinese tires

So, if cheap imports were bad then, are they good now?
No

Sooo, you support President Trump on this move?

Forum List

Back