President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

Your post is correct but it has zero to do with the myth of automation eliminating jobs.
If there's so much automation why are all the illegals and business visas needed?

Because what libs don't tell you automation is very expensive and requires 24/7 maintenance and engineering positions which are not cheap.

You are right, this automation shit will never catch on...:21::21::21:

Wow! One whole room!

Luddites, you got to love them!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Automation!
No wonder it still takes the same amount of people to build a house or a skyscraper!
Seriously, I was expecting you to post a car wash.

so, you think it takes the same amount of time to build a house now as it did in 1900? Ok buddy, whatever you tell have to tell yourself.

Because what libs don't tell you automation is very expensive and requires 24/7 maintenance and engineering positions which are not cheap.

Wow! One whole room!

Automation!
No wonder it still takes the same amount of people to build a house or a skyscraper!

so, you think it takes the same amount of time to build a house now as it did in 1900? Ok buddy, whatever you tell have to tell yourself.

You're joking...1900 was a real bad choice of years.
It takes more people now.

Wow! One whole room!

Automation!

:cheers2:

Wow! One whole room!

Automation!

It's obvious you never visit the several dozen workers who are constantly expanding your mansion.
You're too busy playing golf.

Automation!

It's obvious you never visit the several dozen workers who are constantly expanding your mansion.

I try not to get in their way, they are being paid by the hour

Automation!

I try not to get in their way, they are being paid by the hour
Like I said, they're working and you're playing golf.
I wasn't being sarcastic.

Yep, I have worked hard to get to the point I am financially well off enough and have the right job to take time off work and go golf. I am the walking, talking example of the American dream.

Yep, I have worked hard to get to the point I am financially well off enough and have the right job to take time off work and go golf. I am the walking, talking example of the American dream.
And it took 100s of people to build a house in 1900.
I mean all those pipes and electrical wires, etc...

If you say so, you are the expert it seems.

If you say so, you are the expert it seems.
You're a lazy investor, aren't you?
Did you hand your cash over to a brain dead Financial Adviser who only makes money in a Bull Market?
If so, you're not such a success.
My son makes money in the market no matter what.
Why not go play midnight golf?

Did you hand your cash over to a brain dead Financial Adviser who only makes money in a Bull Market?

Of course I have a financial advisor taking care of my investments.

I also hire a plumber fix my plumbing and a mechanic fix my car and a doctor to treat my COPD. I guess I am lazy that way too.

He does amazing work, I have never lost money in any year since I hired him.

I also hire a plumber fix my plumbing and a mechanic fix my car and a doctor to treat my COPD. I guess I am lazy that way too.

So your Financial Adviser, which my son would never use, is a lazy piece of shit who loses money in a Bear market.
OK.
No wonder tariffs scare you.

So your Financial Adviser, which my son would never use, is a lazy piece of shit who loses money in a Bear market.
OK.

You do not read very well do you.

Why do you keep talking about your son? Do you not do anything? Why does anyone on this forum care what your son does? My son would never use a FA either, but then again he is 15 and does not have a job yet! :21:

OK.

Why do you keep talking about your son? Do you not do anything? Why does anyone on this forum care what your son does? My son would never use a FA either, but then again he is 15 and does not have a job yet! :21:
We are discussing your concern over tariffs.
You're a success who's worried about tariffs.
I suggest changing Financial Advisers because people who know how to invest are not concerned about tariffs.
Therefore, your expertise on tariffs affecting you is lacking.

OK.

I suggest changing Financial Advisers because people who know how to invest are not concerned about tariffs.

I worry about tariffs because they are bad for the country, they will not hurt my investments.

Some of us care about more than just ourselves.

You might want to try it some time.

OK.

I worry about tariffs because they are bad for the country, they will not hurt my investments.

Tariffs are good despite the fact that standard investors love high unemployment and workers begging for scraps.

OK.

Tariffs are good despite the fact that standard investors love high unemployment and workers begging for scraps.

Tariffs have not been good since the days of Lincoln. Times have changed, it is now a global marketplace.

some folks are sayin Trump's tariffs will raise the cost of your beer!

Cans are made of aluminum so it will cost more to put beer in a can, They can do one of two things. Raise the price or cut costs by laying people off.
The cost increase will be about $0.0001 per can.

You're such a dope.

Costs go up for everything for everyone. Even businesses. If everything a business buys costs more, prices will have to rise as well, dope. It's not just cans. Its everything.
Costs will go up by a trivial amount, moron. They don't multiply like rabbits. The material component of most manufactured items constitutes a small percentage of the cost. The bulk of costs is labor and capital investment.

Even if the cost of the completed product is double the price increase of steel, that's still only 1% for a washing machine, and it's probably less for most other products.

I don't support tariffs, but the hyperventilating over this one is pure politics.

Why don't you shut up boy. Electrolux has suspended their plan to set up a factory in the US because of the expected high cost of steel. You know more than they do? You are a bad joke.

No, I don't know anymore than they do. I'm just not a political correct establishment douchebag like them.

OK.

Tariffs have not been good since the days of Lincoln. Times have changed, it is now a global marketplace.
You mean it's an Asian marketplace.
And Bill Gates is trying to turn it into an Asian/African marketplace.
I watch his interviews...everyone on earth is an idiot except Bill Gates, every citizen of India and every citizen of Africa.

I am just trying to figure out why American steel cannot compete with Canadian steel.

Are Canadians just that much better workers than Americans? Or have their steel companies just invested in more modernization than American steel companies?

I would venture a guess that labor costs in Canada are significantly lower than they are in the US, thanks mainly to the steelworkers union. Cheaper labor costs lead to lower prices to get the same profit and voila! I don't think Canadian workers are any better, and I highly doubt Canadian steel companies are more modernized. Although on 2nd thought that could be, if the steelworkers union has language in their contracts that says the steel companies can only do so much automation.

The same union represents steel workers in Canada and the United States.

United Steelworkers

Forum List

Back