President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

I was a teacher for 10 years...

Then why you talking shit about administrators being republicans? Were you teaching in freaking Alaska or rural Montana?
Rural upstate New York five or six schools.
Must suck being fired so many times.
people get greater opportunities and move on ........son is 30 and has worked for 5 different companies each time getting a greater salary
Wait a few years and no one will hire him due to job hopping.
I’ve seen the same happen time and again.

The days of staying with the same firm/company are long gone. Recruiters/headhunters actively go after people from other companies to get them to jump ship. It is the new norm

Then why you talking shit about administrators being republicans? Were you teaching in freaking Alaska or rural Montana?
people get greater opportunities and move on ........son is 30 and has worked for 5 different companies each time getting a greater salary

The days of staying with the same firm/company are long gone. Recruiters/headhunters actively go after people from other companies to get them to jump ship. It is the new norm
I bet you would never hire a job hopper for a professional position.

Indy as my son went from job to job he picked up much experience as well as more salary....at the age of 30 this is all well and good to me Perhaps at the ages of 40 or 45 you sit still

I do not hire anyone, I purposely choose a position with no administrative duties/powers over anyone. I had my fill of being responsible for other people night and day for 20 years.

But I can say that where I work they have no trouble poaching from other companies and other companies have no issue doing it from us. I have been out of "job hunting mode" for 5 years and I still have other companies reaching out to me via LinkedIn and other sources.

Today's business world is much like the sports world, free agency is the thing.

Indy as my son went from job to job he picked up much experience as well as more salary....at the age of 30 this is all well and good to me Perhaps at the ages of 40 or 45 you sit still
]
If he’s a professional based on academic achievement, he better stay put, because within 5 years no one will hire him.
If he’s blue collar, which does not infer a lack of advanced techical knowledge, he may be okay, but he will be dropped like a stone out of the white collar world.
If Trump is successful in making America for Americans and LEGAL immigrants alone, he might be OK.

I do not hire anyone, I purposely choose a position with no administrative duties/powers over anyone. I had my fill of being responsible for other people night and day for 20 years.

But I can say that where I work they have no trouble poaching from other companies and other companies have no issue doing it from us. I have been out of "job hunting mode" for 5 years and I still have other companies reaching out to me via LinkedIn and other sources.

Today's business world is much like the sports world, free agency is the thing.
It depends on the type of position.
Your story doesn’t work in the NYC/LI vicinity.

]
If he’s a professional based on academic achievement, he better stay put, because within 5 years no one will hire him.
If he’s blue collar, which does not infer a lack of advanced techical knowledge, he may be okay, but he will be dropped like a stone out of the white collar world.
If Trump is successful in making America for Americans and LEGAL immigrants alone, he might be OK.
Ruby Python Java mean anything to you ? Knowledge will always be king Beach time cu all later

]
Ruby Python Java mean anything to you ? Knowledge will always be king Beach time cu all later
You’re joking...
There are a billion Indians waiting to take that job and Trump is currently making it more difficult than ever for your son to be replaced.
And yes, there are dozens of books on Amazon to learn those skills in 24 hours.
I’m a System Architect and Developer.
“Ruby In Rails”! Fucking C.
But I’m in favor of your son having that career though by the time he’s 35 he’ll be toast.
I hope he specializes in one industry as that will help his chances to remain employed.

]
You’re joking...
There are a billion Indians waiting to take that job and Trump is currently making it more difficult than ever for your son to be replaced.
But I’m in favor of your son having that career though by the time he’s 35 he’ll be toast.
I hope he specializes in one industry as that will help his chances to remain employed.

You have real hardon for Indians. did one take your job or something?

President Trump has the spine to say: "wait a minute fellas, we've been taken advantage of for far too long"

Have "we" been taken advantage of? Who's "we"? The corporations have benefitted from NAFTA. They are the makers. You are just a taker. What, are we supposed to pay more just so you can make our shoes? Did you cry that we should tariff shoes so you could continue to be a Cobbler?

Do you see where I'm going with this? You want to make cars and copiers in America? Well that's going to mean higher costs. And then it's also going to mean a trade war.

Anyways, I doubt very much that Trump wants to hurt business so he can help workers.

Trump has to pretend not to give up on these things that he promised but he knows what he is suggesting is impossible. Same with his wall. He will keep pushing for it but he knows it's never going to happen.

Saying his border wall is the "least important" topic

The transcripts say that Trump told Peña Nieto that the border wall is "the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important."

This is a startling admission from a president who at rallies led his supporters in chants of "build the wall."

But the wall was important to his base. Although it has not been popular nationally — a February poll from the Pew Research Center found that 62 percent of Americans oppose such a wall — it polled well among conservative Republicans, with 80 percent approving.

Asking Peña Nieto to stop talking about not paying for the wall

Trump repeatedly assured his supporters that Mexico would pay for the border wall. Peña Nieto disagreed; on Jan. 25, the Mexican president told his nation in a televised address that they "would not pay" for the wall, according to The Los Angeles Times.

In the call with Peña Nieto on Jan. 27, Trump asked him to knock it off: "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that."

Trump also said he had to push for Mexico to pay for the wall because he had promised it for so long.

"I have to have Mexico pay for the wall — I have to," he said. "I have been talking about it for a two-year period."

]
You’re joking...

You have real hardon for Indians. did one take your job or something?
They took 3 million jobs; good for your portfolio.
And since Obama, they have been taking Accounting, Attorney and University jobs away from Americans.
But I know you don’t care as long as you have yours.
And in case you’re wondering, most of those people voted for the Orange Clown.

And since Obama, they have been taking Accounting, Attorney and University jobs away from Americans.

Exactly how did they "take" the jobs? What does that even mean?

My wife works with a couple Indian doctors at her hospital, did they take the jobs from American doctors?

My wife works with a couple Indian doctors at her hospital, did they take the jobs from American doctors?
Yes, they did.
It’s obvious you never worked in that capacity.
Since 2004, businesses were no longer required to interview Americans for any IT related positions.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of non-Indians, both business visas and citizens, were laid off and replaced by plane loads of Indian H1-Bs, without so much as an interview being required.
Trump and Sanders ran on this platform so it’s obvious you didn’t watch any of their interviews or speeches.
Trump is now requiring interviews and Indians are being sent back home.
It’s amazing how everyone I know in my 2 Temples, even those working in non IT capacities, know this.
And you don’t.
Yeah...

And yes, as businesses buy out private practices and hospitals, Indians are replacing non-Indian physicians.
Indians are happy to take half the salary and prescribe twice the wrong medication.
And once again, everyone knows this.
But you don’t.
Yeah...

Yes, they did.
Since 2004, businesses were no longer required to interview Americans for any IT related positions.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of non-Indians, both business visas and citizens, were laid off and replaced by plane loads of Indian H1-Bs, without so much as an interview being required.
Trump and Sanders ran on this platform so it’s obvious you didn’t watch any of their interviews or speeches.
It’s amazing how everyone I know in my 2 Temples, even those working in non IT capacities, know this.
And you don’t.
Yeah...

So, this does not explain why the Indians were being hired over everyone else.

And yes, as businesses buy out private practices and hospitals, Indians are replacing non-Indian physicians.
Indians are happy to take half the salary and prescribe twice the wrong medication.
And once again, everyone knows this.
But you don’t.
Yeah...

The Indian doctors at my wife's hospital are some of the best there, and they are all on the same contract as every other doctor there.

I think you make a lot of claims that have no basis in reality.

I remember the Bush’s flooded the market too with cheap Chinese tires

So, if cheap imports were bad then, are they good now?
No

Sooo, you support President Trump on this move?
No he’s starting a trade war. It’s like if trump nuked russia. You can get me to agree russia is no good but not Nuking them.

Our trade imbalance needs to be fixed but we don’t need a trade war.

There goes our tax breaks. I hear the cost of living is already going up

Trade imbalances are way overblown.

In Praise Of Trade Deficits

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.4dc75a55931d

Also, on a smaller scale, we all run trade deficits and surpluses every day as individuals.

I have a trade surplus with my employer. I give them a product and they give me money. So, massive trade surplus there since I have never once given my employer any of my money.

On the other hand I have a massive trade deficit with my grocery store. I give them money and they give me products. Now, I could grow and create each of those products myself if I really wanted to. But it is cheaper and easier for me to get them from the grocery store, so that is why I chose to do that. Now my grocery store runs a trade deficit with each of their supplier, they give the store products in exchange for money.
bad analogy---

Yes, they did.
And you don’t.
Yeah...

15K/year
24/7 availability
Complete compliance (they take shit from boss man).
They don’t point out legal infractions.
You ever wonder why it’s almost impossible to prove a financial institutionnis doing something illegal.
Non-Indians put activity auditing and wouldn’t take it out because that’s illegal.
Indians know zip and will do what they’re told.

Yes, they did.
And you don’t.
Yeah...

15K/year
24/7 availability
Complete compliance (they take shit from boss man).
They don’t point out legal infractions.
You ever wonder why it’s almost impossible to prove a financial institutionnis doing something illegal.
Non-Indians put activity auditing and wouldn’t take it out because that’s illegal.
Indians know zip and will do what they’re told.

So, they are willing to work for less and do what the company wants them to do. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to hire someone like that.

Good thing you are getting the government to step in and interfere with private businesses to stop that.

Forum List

Back