President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

"The trade war has just begun and already, global foreign direct investment into the U.S. from China and other nations is on the decline."

Strange. I thought Trade Deficits didn't matter.

WTF point is that supposed to make? You are the silliest person I've ever seen on a political site. Every word you say is laced with shit because of from whence they came.

A common claim of anti-Trumpers, is that "trade deficits don't matter".

Thus, when people post examples of our trading partners responding strongly to Trump's efforts to change the trade balance, sometimes I like to point out that those actions refute that idiotic claims of the anti-Trumpers.

"The trade war has just begun and already, global foreign direct investment into the U.S. from China and other nations is on the decline."

WTF point is that supposed to make? You are the silliest person I've ever seen on a political site. Every word you say is laced with shit because of from whence they came.

Thus, when people post examples of our trading partners responding strongly to Trump's efforts to change the trade balance, sometimes I like to point out that those actions refute that idiotic claims of the anti-Trumpers.

I've explained it all to you with examples and you're just too indoctrinated to see it. Trade wars hurt the people. period. Inflationary and unwise.

"a tariff is a tax. it's hurting farmers. it's hurting companies" - Low IQ Mad Maxine Waters

"a tariff is a tax. it's hurting farmers. it's hurting companies" - Low IQ Mad Maxine Waters

She's low IQ because the biggest moron in the USA says so? She's a damn sight smarter than Trump and all his cultists combined. Maybe she'll visit him in prison, try to mend fences. Nah! LOL

I've explained it all to you with examples and you're just too indoctrinated to see it. Trade wars hurt the people. period. Inflationary and unwise.

So, why are our trading partners risking it?

Then PAY BACK ALL YOUR CHINESE DEBT(LOANS)...AND ALL AMERICANS WILL BE LIVING IN MUD HUTS....LIFE WOULD BECOME SO HARD YOU WILL ALL BECOME ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO OTHER COUNTRIES...

.GREAT WE CAN LOCK YOUR CHILDREN UP AND TELL YOU TO PISS OFF AND DEGRADE YOU...

AS THE WORLDS BIGGEST DEBTORS YOU SHOULD BE DEGRADED AS A NATION,BECAUSE YOU ARE TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE

WITHOUT CHINESE,JAPANESE,KOREAN,RUSSIAN ETC., LOANS AMERICA ARE NOTHING...ZILCH...A FACT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER, PUNK./BOY

Last edited:

They won't be our trading partners if he keeps doing this. He's an isolationist and he's about to get his wish. It's somewhat manageable now at current levels but he's been talking about a half trillion dollar tariff on china, that will be a huge problem. Inflation will happen at current levels but those kinds of numbers will start a wildfire of rising costs that will effect the working people. He doesn't give a fuck, he doesn't shop at Walmart.

Then PAY BACK ALL YOUR CHINESE DEBT(LOANS)...AND ALL AMERICANS WILL BE LIVING IN MUD HUTS....LIFE WOULD BECOME SO HARD YOU WILL ALL BECOME ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO OTHER COUNTRIES...

.GREAT WE CAN LOCK YOUR CHILDREN UP AND TELL YOU TO PISS OFF AND DEGRADE YOU...

AS THE WORLDS BIGGEST DEBTORS YOU SHOULD BE DEGRADED AS A NATION,BECAUSE YOU ARE TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE

WITHOUT CHINESE,JAPANESE,KOREAN,RUSSIAN ETC., LOANS AMERICA ARE NOTHING...ZILCH...A FACT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER, PUNK./BOY

Yeah, he better hope China doesn't call in the loans.

I heard at the meijers they’re paying $15 hr. That’s pretty good
Ugh, that's horrible.
Too much?
Too little...
Well I’m not a communist. I don’t think people working at a grocery store should be making much more than $15 unless me, a college grad, is making much more.

I don’t want to pay the masses more I want to make the middle class achievable so anyone not happy with $15 hr can find better. But I don’t want every bs random menial job to pay $15. If that happens then inflation happens and soon $15 is nothing

I heard at the meijers they’re paying $15 hr. That’s pretty good
Ugh, that's horrible.
Too much?
Too little...
Well I’m not a communist. I don’t think people working at a grocery store should be making much more than $15 unless me, a college grad, is making much more.

I don’t want to pay the masses more I want to make the middle class achievable so anyone not happy with $15 hr can find better. But I don’t want every bs random menial job to pay $15. If that happens then inflation happens and soon $15 is nothing

I don't think we have to worry about $15 hr for low end labor. Not with the ADM we've got now. Trumpers keep saying that his policies will result in higher wages but that's a pipedream. Corps aren't in the business of caring for workers especially now that we have so few unions. Higher wages dig into profitability and that's what they care about. I have to laugh when righties say higher wages are on the way. Higher costs? Yes. Wages? NO. There's never been a president in history who cares less about working folks and the poor. Hell, veteran's benefits are being attacked as is every strand in the social safety net. I remember Trump's words on the campaign. "I won't touch Soc Sec or Medicare and I'll be generous with our great Veterans." "And, I'll cut taxes and that policy will be aimed at the middle class." Gee, he lied. Imagine that! Trump actually lied. I can't believe it. LOL But Trumpers don't care about that either.

They won't be our trading partners if he keeps doing this. He's an isolationist and he's about to get his wish. It's somewhat manageable now at current levels but he's been talking about a half trillion dollar tariff on china, that will be a huge problem. Inflation will happen at current levels but those kinds of numbers will start a wildfire of rising costs that will effect the working people. He doesn't give a fuck, he doesn't shop at Walmart.

So, it is inconceivable to you that our trading partners might accept more balanced trade as a goal?

In your mind, that is off the table?

So, it is inconceivable to you that our trading partners might accept more balanced trade as a goal?

People don't respond well to threats. Usually puts them off. More likely to see tariffs as what they are, threats. Especially China who has been our credit union for years. We have (middle class) more to lose than they do. But, Trump doesn't get the middle class. We're beneath him as are anyone who isn't richer than he is or more cruel. That's what he has respect (envy) for. You haven't noticed? LOL

People don't respond well to threats. Usually puts them off. More likely to see tariffs as what they are, threats. Especially China who has been our credit union for years. We have (middle class) more to lose than they do. But, Trump doesn't get the middle class. We're beneath him as are anyone who isn't richer than he is or more cruel. That's what he has respect (envy) for. You haven't noticed? LOL

1. Trump's whole campaign was based on, correctly understanding the Middle Class and Working Poor better than anyone else.

2. All our trading partners are supposed to be so much more mature and intelligent than Trump. SO, what "usually" happens is not to be expected. There are intelligent and responsible and mature professionals.

Why is balanced trade so out of the question?

Forum List

Back