President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

......those poor poor government paper pushers...
Yeah...

The ICE border agents risking their lives every day to help stem the tidal wave of Illegal Aliens...

The DHS agents standing guard against Radical Islamic terrorism...

The FBI and US Marshals and Capital Police and Secret Service routinely risking their lives to enforce laws and maintain security...

Not to mention ATF agents, VA doctors, nurses, clinicians, technicians, counselors and support staff, diplomatic support staff, etc, etc, etc.

Never mind the Federal janitors, groundskeepers, dock workers, truck drivers, researchers, food service staff, and on and on and on and on.

Yeah... we can see how you side with the Working Man (and Woman)...

Not smart, if you want to keep those oh-so-necessary Trump Democrats on-side during upcoming election cycles.

I don't know how you got that out of my comment. I just think that we taxpayers should expect the same thing out of our government workers that we live with for ourselves. If you can retire at 50 or 55 in the private sectors with pension and medical benefits, fine with me. The company is willing to give you that. But as a taxpayer, I don't want government workers to be able to retire ten years earlier than me because I'm one of the people paying for it. That is outside of our military of course.

So when we talk about pay freezes, I really have little sympathy. Because I'm sure there are a lot of working people in the private sector that would love to retire at 55 or earlier and would trade jobs with them any day of the week.
Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living
A better living than their counter parts in the private sector.

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?
You are crying about CEO's?

Considering the wealth of the 7 wealthiest democrats in congress total 1.1 billion dollars...yes. Why don't you have a problem with career politicians accumulating wealth on the backs of tax payers?

We are talking about the fake claims that fed employees all make more than private counterparts .

I too would cut across the board until it hurts, then cut a bit more.
The military/police/fire is an necessary, Civilian federal employees are not necessary.
The private sector can do everything better, more efficient and are far less corrupt

Much too broad of a statement.

When I was a young Staff Sergeant running a Flight Clarence section for MCAS Yuma we "privatized" much of the base services to civilians. Not only was the service far worse, it cost more.

One afternoon our Base Operations frequency went down, it is required by FAA regulations. I called the proper people to get it fixed, but seeing as it was almost 1600, I was told the Base CO would have to approve the OT if I wanted it fixed. Thus I spent the next 30 minutes tracking him down to get his approval. While this was happening the technician as sitting in his office making overtime, but not working...just waiting for my response. In the end it took 15 minutes to fix and the man got an hour of overtime. And his salary was more than 40% above the Marine that used to do the job.
That started happening a lot when I was in....privatizing, less service, they got paid more than their military/civil servant counterparts.
Na, not really

...Salaries in the federal government are too large...
Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

...And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies"...
"Most" of an estimated 2.8 million Federal employees?

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

Kickbacks? Most of them? Really? Link, please.

...I have no sympathy for them making less money.
You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.
I know someone who went from working pricing contacts with a distributor making 40k a year to working for the government promoting Obamacare making pretty pie charts...earning 85k a year.

so yeah.

On a side, the MFers who worked Obamacare were THE WORST employees of all. They produced negative results.

You should have seen the website I cleaned up after them, unreal. They say "write to an 8th grade level", them bitches must have mistook the saying to mean "write like you have an 8th grade level education". No offense to 8th graders, some of the shit they came up with was just plain retarded.
And they know how to soak the system. The guy I knew got corporate funded student aid. Got his degree and quit to work for the government the second he graduated.

Couldn't load a contract into the system to save his life...but was apparently super cool at power point. Which is all the government needed him for. Pretty pie charts and graphs. :)

Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?

Considering the wealth of the 7 wealthiest democrats in congress total 1.1 billion dollars...yes. Why don't you have a problem with career politicians accumulating wealth on the backs of tax payers?

We are talking about the fake claims that fed employees all make more than private counterparts .
They do. 78 % more.

......those poor poor government paper pushers...
Yeah...

The ICE border agents risking their lives every day to help stem the tidal wave of Illegal Aliens...

The DHS agents standing guard against Radical Islamic terrorism...

The FBI and US Marshals and Capital Police and Secret Service routinely risking their lives to enforce laws and maintain security...

Not to mention ATF agents, VA doctors, nurses, clinicians, technicians, counselors and support staff, diplomatic support staff, etc, etc, etc.

Never mind the Federal janitors, groundskeepers, dock workers, truck drivers, researchers, food service staff, and on and on and on and on.

Yeah... we can see how you side with the Working Man (and Woman)...

Not smart, if you want to keep those oh-so-necessary Trump Democrats on-side during upcoming election cycles.
Hmmm same argument was made about the private sector when they were saddled with the ACA.

Yet democrats were happy to force pay freezes and across the board lay off's on them. Go figure.

The military/police/fire is an necessary, Civilian federal employees are not necessary.
The private sector can do everything better, more efficient and are far less corrupt

When I was a young Staff Sergeant running a Flight Clarence section for MCAS Yuma we "privatized" much of the base services to civilians. Not only was the service far worse, it cost more.

One afternoon our Base Operations frequency went down, it is required by FAA regulations. I called the proper people to get it fixed, but seeing as it was almost 1600, I was told the Base CO would have to approve the OT if I wanted it fixed. Thus I spent the next 30 minutes tracking him down to get his approval. While this was happening the technician as sitting in his office making overtime, but not working...just waiting for my response. In the end it took 15 minutes to fix and the man got an hour of overtime. And his salary was more than 40% above the Marine that used to do the job.
That started happening a lot when I was in....privatizing, less service, they got paid more than their military/civil servant counterparts.
Na, not really

Yes, really. It was huge move in the late 1990s and early 2000. Stories like mine above were common place, it was, in the immortal words of Gunny Highway, a clusterfuck.

They do. 78 % more.

There you go again, repeating an unsubstantiated number.

Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

"Most" of an estimated 2.8 million Federal employees?

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

Kickbacks? Most of them? Really? Link, please.

You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.
I know someone who went from working pricing contacts with a distributor making 40k a year to working for the government promoting Obamacare making pretty pie charts...earning 85k a year.

so yeah.

On a side, the MFers who worked Obamacare were THE WORST employees of all. They produced negative results.

You should have seen the website I cleaned up after them, unreal. They say "write to an 8th grade level", them bitches must have mistook the saying to mean "write like you have an 8th grade level education". No offense to 8th graders, some of the shit they came up with was just plain retarded.
And they know how to soak the system. The guy I knew got corporate funded student aid. Got his degree and quit to work for the government the second he graduated.

Couldn't load a contract into the system to save his life...but was apparently super cool at power point. Which is all the government needed him for. Pretty pie charts and graphs. :)

When I was young Marine the airfield I worked at had a Civilian Airfield Manager. The man in the job was a retired USMC E9 who created the job while working at the station in the Marines, did all the leg work to get it approved by OMB and then as he was about to retire with 28 years in the Corps he applied for said job and had the exact qualifications they were looking for. Did 30 years in that position and then retired again with 30 years of Federal service on top of his 28 years of Marine Corps time.

He was pretty awesome and the job was much needed and became the norm across the Marine Corps. He was the continuity with Airfield Operations Officers changing every 2 years. When our Air station was put on the BRAC list, he lead the delegation to DC to plead the case why we should not be closed. The base is still open to this day.

They make more and the gap has doubled in the last 25 years.
Federal Employees Earn 50% More Than The Private Workforce | HuffPost

They do. 78 % more.

Is that soooo? VA doctors get 78% pay than their private counterparts?

Methinks you are full of bull flop.

They do. 78 % more.

"According to the Wall Street Journal, many of those in the highest level are employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs — the same VA that distributed over $142 million in bonuses last year, amid charges of mismanagement and falsifying records."

This compares all workers vs all workers. As the old saying goes, there are no burger flippers in the Govt.

More than 90% of Govt jobs are white collar. More than half of the Fed work force has at least a bachelors, compared to less than 33% in the nation as a whole.

People with a high school diploma or less make more in the Govt than their civilian counter parts. Those with a masters or higher make less than their civilian counterparts.

Fuzzy math comparing “average fed emeployee “ vs “average private employee “.

It really depends on the job now does it? And yeah I’m sure a fed janitor probably does better than some non fed guy. But that’s not all jobs.

They do. 78 % more.

"According to the Wall Street Journal, many of those in the highest level are employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs — the same VA that distributed over $142 million in bonuses last year, amid charges of mismanagement and falsifying records."

The VA is a huge mess, that is for sure. But it is not the doctors that are getting that high pay, it is the administrative people.

The VA is so bad right now that I choose to pay out of pocket for things that I should be free from the VA due to my service related conditions.

"the ratio of special skills to more mundane federal work has not changed in recent years. It seems more likely that the mechanism is automatic percentage increases that continue to propagate the discrepancy by definition."

^^And to those that claim it's because they are now more specifically skilled.

They do. 78 % more.

There you go again, repeating an unsubstantiated number.
Really?..even HuffPost listed 78% being the total with benefits included and they cited CATO,WSJ and BEA.

That's some conservative think tank they are citing...suuurre.

Na, not really

Yes, really. It was huge move in the late 1990s and early 2000. Stories like mine above were common place, it was, in the immortal words of Gunny Highway, a clusterfuck.
Socialism is the original cluster fuck

Forum List

Back