President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

A better living than their counter parts in the private sector.

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?
You are crying about CEO's?

Considering the wealth of the 7 wealthiest democrats in congress total 1.1 billion dollars...yes. Why don't you have a problem with career politicians accumulating wealth on the backs of tax payers?

We are talking about the fake claims that fed employees all make more than private counterparts .

They make more and the gap has doubled in the last 25 years.
Federal Employees Earn 50% More Than The Private Workforce | HuffPost

This compares all workers vs all workers. As the old saying goes, there are no burger flippers in the Govt.

More than 90% of Govt jobs are white collar. More than half of the Fed work force has at least a bachelors, compared to less than 33% in the nation as a whole.

People with a high school diploma or less make more in the Govt than their civilian counter parts. Those with a masters or higher make less than their civilian counterparts.
Wasteful spending that’s for sure

Considering the wealth of the 7 wealthiest democrats in congress total 1.1 billion dollars...yes. Why don't you have a problem with career politicians accumulating wealth on the backs of tax payers?

We are talking about the fake claims that fed employees all make more than private counterparts .
They do. 78 % more.

Is that soooo? VA doctors get 78% pay than their private counterparts?

Methinks you are full of bull flop.
"According to the Wall Street Journal, many of those in the highest level are employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs — the same VA that distributed over $142 million in bonuses last year, amid charges of mismanagement and falsifying records."

The VA is a huge mess, that is for sure. But it is not the doctors that are getting that high pay, it is the administrative people.

The VA is so bad right now that I choose to pay out of pocket for things that I should be free from the VA due to my service related conditions.
I know a lot of people to do the same thing you do, because going to the VA is a living hell

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?

They do. 78 % more.

There you go again, repeating an unsubstantiated number.
Really?..even HuffPost listed 78% being the total with benefits included and they cited CATO,WSJ and BEA.

That's some conservative think tank they are citing...suuurre.

Yes they did, none of them compared jobs/skills/education. Just overall wages. That is not an effective way to judge.

They do. 78 % more.

"According to the Wall Street Journal, many of those in the highest level are employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs — the same VA that distributed over $142 million in bonuses last year, amid charges of mismanagement and falsifying records."
Correct.

Highest levels.

Translation: a handful of Medical Center Directors and Under-Secretaries-for-Blinking-More-Slowly...

The other 99.99% of agency staffers are righteous, and under-frigging-paid, compared to their average private-sector counterparts.

You're obviously scrambling wildly for articles to support your silly contentions, and you're getting called on it, rightfully so.

Just as obviously, you have zero experience in any such setting, and, in truth, do not know what you're talking about, in this matter.

They do. 78 % more.

Correct.

Highest levels.

Translation: a handful of Medical Center Directors and Under-Secretaries-for-Blinking-More-Slowly...

The other 99.99% of agency staffers are righteous, and under-frigging-paid, compared to their average private-sector counterparts.

You're obviously scrambling wildly for articles to support your silly contentions, and you're getting called on it, rightfully so.

Just as obviously, you have zero experience in any such setting, and, in truth, do not know what you're talking about, in this matter.

In this location, VA nurses make more than their counterparts in the civilian world. My wife recently applied at the VA to be a nurse as she is looking for something new and she has a connection to the military and veterans. Not a huge difference, but more than a few grand a year.

They do. 78 % more.

Correct.

Highest levels.

In this location, VA nurses make more than their counterparts in the civilian world. My wife recently applied at the VA to be a nurse as she is looking for something new and she has a connection to the military and veterans. Not a huge difference, but more than a few grand a year.

Congress thru money at the VA so they could pay more and recruit better.

Always good to hear I’ve “lost my mind” especially on something I have not heard about… Hope it doesn’t include the military; we can’t pay those folks enough.

No, in the OP, it's clearly stated that it doesn't include the military.

What the OP didn't say is how much it will save taxpayers. I heard on the Michael Medved show it would save us 38 billion dollars. That's a lot of hotdogs.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.
We have 2.1 million civilian federal employees, 38 billion divided by 2.1 million is $18,000. Since the COLA increase was 1.9%, I guess you & your ignorant fuck orange butt buddy are saying the average civilian pay is 947 million a year.

Who knew?

Always good to hear I’ve “lost my mind” especially on something I have not heard about… Hope it doesn’t include the military; we can’t pay those folks enough.

What the OP didn't say is how much it will save taxpayers. I heard on the Michael Medved show it would save us 38 billion dollars. That's a lot of hotdogs.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

Why not include the military? They are fed employees.

Because then the would give leftist losers ammo to attack Trump.

No. It’s just hypocrisy and the right wings never ending war against the working man.

You going to vilify fed employees , then have at it. Don’t pick n choose and have arbitrary waivers .

ICE isn’t getting a pay raise?

We have 2.1 million civilian federal employees, 38 billion divided by 2.1 million is $18,000. Since the COLA increase was 1.9%, I guess you & your ignorant fuck orange butt buddy are saying the average civilian pay is 947 million a year.

Who knew?
Wasn't COLA they were arguing about...........it was Locality increases............there was a dispute on COLA.......on whether to give 1.4 % or 1.9%........Looks like the 1.9% will go but that will be in the budget battle about to happen..............The articles I read show the cost of about 25 Billion being argued........

Military getting 2.1% COLA.........Civilian getting 1.9% COLA with a fluctuating Localization rate costing 25 B........

Other thread on this was complaining about a Freeze.......but that was a 3 year Freeze under Obama..........in regards to COLA.......the civilian side got about 12 % raises over 10 years.........I'd have to look it back up.

52637-home-cover.png

Comparing the Compensation of Federal and Private-Sector Employees, 2011 to 2015 | Congressional Budget Office

Only goes to 2015.......but this is the sturdy via the cbo

...In this location, VA nurses make more than their counterparts in the civilian world. My wife recently applied at the VA to be a nurse as she is looking for something new and she has a connection to the military and veterans. Not a huge difference, but more than a few grand a year.
It is true that not all VA Medical Centers are the same.

On the other hand, I can tell you that clinical staff at my own VA Medical Center are making less than their counterparts at the affiliated University Teaching Hospital.

Most of their students and interns and residents and fellows pull a stint at the VAMC, then leave for the private sector poste haste after graduation or completion.

Trump nixes federal pay raise

They are overpaid as it is! I hope he veto's an entire bill if the scum in congress put this in the spending bill.
As it is now they are over paid, and under worked. Some are under trained on how to do the job. Unions have no place in Government and should have never been given that position. Just as soon as they got into Gov, they became a Political arm of some party. I saw what happened to a Sheriff's Dept, after being Unionized.

Who knew?

HTF did you arrive with that calculation based on what I said?

...In this location, VA nurses make more than their counterparts in the civilian world. My wife recently applied at the VA to be a nurse as she is looking for something new and she has a connection to the military and veterans. Not a huge difference, but more than a few grand a year.

On the other hand, I can tell you that clinical staff at my own VA Medical Center are making less than their counterparts at the affiliated University Teaching Hospital.

Most of their students and interns and residents and fellows pull a stint at the VAMC, then leave for the private sector poste haste after graduation or completion.
Some of the people who work in the VA are rejects from PVt practice because they don't speak good enough American to be understood, some have records that are not the best. The Bros who go there can not translate the directions given for treatments. Just much of the help needed should have outside Doctors doing the job. There is no reason that the Gov, should own up and pay. If they can pay for some wetback to give birth of a Ankore baby then they should pay for a Vet to get his eyes fixed.

Sounds like you're nudging dangerously-close to the government deciding who gets to draw a pension and hold a job simultaneously.

Laissez faire, yes?

I don't know how you got that out of my comment. I just think that we taxpayers should expect the same thing out of our government workers that we live with for ourselves. If you can retire at 50 or 55 in the private sectors with pension and medical benefits, fine with me. The company is willing to give you that. But as a taxpayer, I don't want government workers to be able to retire ten years earlier than me because I'm one of the people paying for it. That is outside of our military of course.

So when we talk about pay freezes, I really have little sympathy. Because I'm sure there are a lot of working people in the private sector that would love to retire at 55 or earlier and would trade jobs with them any day of the week.
Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living

The country isn’t a business .

Well it's being run like one now. We have a businessman in charge of the country.

Now THAT's credible. :113:

It would certainly confirm what I've seen with respect to clinicians leaving the VA as soon as they complete their terms.

This weakens my own argument about Federal employees being underpaid.

But facts are facts.

I see nothing about comparisons on a profession-by-profession or trade-by-trade basis, but it's a start.

Nicely done.

Meanwhile, I know from personal experience that professionals (lawyers, doctors, clinicians, technicians, administrators) leave Federal service for more lucrative private sector jobs all the time.

Some of the people who work in the VA are rejects from PVt practice because they don't speak good enough American to be understood, some have records that are not the best. The Bros who go there can not translate the directions given for treatments. Just much of the help needed should have outside Doctors doing the job. There is no reason that the Gov, should own up and pay. If they can pay for some wetback to give birth of a Ankore baby then they should pay for a Vet to get his eyes fixed.
My experience at the VA has obviously been much better than yours.

Sounds like you're nudging dangerously-close to the government deciding who gets to draw a pension and hold a job simultaneously.

Laissez faire, yes?

I don't know how you got that out of my comment. I just think that we taxpayers should expect the same thing out of our government workers that we live with for ourselves. If you can retire at 50 or 55 in the private sectors with pension and medical benefits, fine with me. The company is willing to give you that. But as a taxpayer, I don't want government workers to be able to retire ten years earlier than me because I'm one of the people paying for it. That is outside of our military of course.

So when we talk about pay freezes, I really have little sympathy. Because I'm sure there are a lot of working people in the private sector that would love to retire at 55 or earlier and would trade jobs with them any day of the week.
Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living
A better living than their counter parts in the private sector.

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

I did some research on this when Governor Kasich started to mess with the state unions here. What I found was that in many aspects, pay was pretty close between the public and private sector. However........their benefits supersede the private market greatly.

In the private market, there are jobs that don't pay great, but they have great benefits. Or they have few benefits but good pay. It's difficult to find a job that has both and many jobs don't have either.

It seems to me that government jobs come with great benefits like an early retirement with pensions; something that few private sector jobs have. And being their pay is pretty close, it's clear to see that the public sector jobs are much better than the private sector jobs.

When I see the federal government advertising for help all the time, I'll be convinced it's not such a great job to have. But again, I don't think they have a hard time finding workers like the private market does.

Why not include the military? They are fed employees.

Because then the would give leftist losers ammo to attack Trump.

No. It’s just hypocrisy and the right wings never ending war against the working man.

You going to vilify fed employees , then have at it. Don’t pick n choose and have arbitrary waivers .

So why do you feel that if raises are not handed out, it should be even?

Military pay is not all that great, so it would be fitting that they continue to get pay increases. They are dedicating the best years of their life to this country, and it should come with some kind of reward.

That's not the case with all other federal employees. They get to go home at the end of the day, sleep in their own private bed in their own private bedroom. They know where they are going to be living the next week unlike many in the military.

Forum List

Back