President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.

Why can't you left wingers be honest about the corporate tax cut? Millions of working class Americans have Trillions of dollars of retirement savings invested in corporations, hence the corporate tax cut you claim only benefits the wealthy is a LIE. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

And getting government off the back of our businesses helps create new good paying jobs for even more Americans, generating more tax revenues. Its a win/win formula for growth.

Meanwhile YOU bunch of dumb asses think the status quo sky high corporate taxes was a good idea.
A look at the ballooning deficit under Trump is all you need to look at.
Where's all those Tea Party protests now?

Sounds like you're nudging dangerously-close to the government deciding who gets to draw a pension and hold a job simultaneously.

Laissez faire, yes?

I don't know how you got that out of my comment. I just think that we taxpayers should expect the same thing out of our government workers that we live with for ourselves. If you can retire at 50 or 55 in the private sectors with pension and medical benefits, fine with me. The company is willing to give you that. But as a taxpayer, I don't want government workers to be able to retire ten years earlier than me because I'm one of the people paying for it. That is outside of our military of course.

So when we talk about pay freezes, I really have little sympathy. Because I'm sure there are a lot of working people in the private sector that would love to retire at 55 or earlier and would trade jobs with them any day of the week.
Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

Private sector takes penalties from the federal government for retiring early and cashing in their 401k's.
You did not answer the question, but I expected that.
Double dipping is unethical and shady. The federal and state governments give the private sectors penalties for such. Why is it then okay for government to practice it?

There are more than 600,000 veterans in the Fed Govt, you really should be complaining to your elected officials about them double dipping.
Actually Federal employees..Just like the private sector should receive a 15 to 25 % penalty for receiving retirement money early. They see it and use it as compensation. Not retirement benefits.

Works for me

Sounds like you're nudging dangerously-close to the government deciding who gets to draw a pension and hold a job simultaneously.

Laissez faire, yes?

I don't know how you got that out of my comment. I just think that we taxpayers should expect the same thing out of our government workers that we live with for ourselves. If you can retire at 50 or 55 in the private sectors with pension and medical benefits, fine with me. The company is willing to give you that. But as a taxpayer, I don't want government workers to be able to retire ten years earlier than me because I'm one of the people paying for it. That is outside of our military of course.

So when we talk about pay freezes, I really have little sympathy. Because I'm sure there are a lot of working people in the private sector that would love to retire at 55 or earlier and would trade jobs with them any day of the week.
Not to mention when Obamacare passed the private sector put up with pay freeze's for years and liberals didn't give a shit. Now all of a sudden it's " those poor poor government paper pushers". The horror.

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living

Always good to hear I’ve “lost my mind” especially on something I have not heard about… Hope it doesn’t include the military; we can’t pay those folks enough.

No, in the OP, it's clearly stated that it doesn't include the military.

What the OP didn't say is how much it will save taxpayers. I heard on the Michael Medved show it would save us 38 billion dollars. That's a lot of hotdogs.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

Why not include the military? They are fed employees.

Because then the would give leftist losers ammo to attack Trump.

No. It’s just hypocrisy and the right wings never ending war against the working man.

You going to vilify fed employees , then have at it. Don’t pick n choose and have arbitrary waivers .

Laissez faire, yes?

I would like any of these pro-raise people to show me one company in the private sector operating at a loss who gave out pay increases to all their workers. We are 20 trillion in debt and still growing. If these workers were underpaid or had crummy benefits, I might be more swayed they need pay hikes. But even with no raise, they are still making a pretty good living
A better living than their counter parts in the private sector.

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

Laissez faire, yes?

The country isn’t a business .

Laissez faire, yes?

You can always count on liberals being okay with government giving its self a raise.

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?

...A better living than their counter parts in the private sector....
One thing at a time.

You have not yet convinced anyone in the Opposite Camp that that Federal workers make a better living than their private sector counterparts.

Yer gonna have to do better than the silly-ass Cato Institute in order to do that.

...Salaries in the federal government are too large...
Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

...And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies"...
"Most" of an estimated 2.8 million Federal employees?

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

Kickbacks? Most of them? Really? Link, please.

...I have no sympathy for them making less money.
You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.
There is a reason these people are lifers...just sayin.
And that would be?

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.
Civilian federal employees are a drag on the economy… Absolutely
You don't have to use them. Refuse to.

Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

Government employees, which are primarily federal fucktards, receive 2x the income that anybody else in rural communities.

Which means Government employees own almost everything....and they are paid to prevent anybody else from owning or profiting from any of the resources they own, hoard, or *protect*.

It's disgusting.

Fire them all.

Civilian federal employees are a drag on the economy… Absolutely
You don't have to use them. Refuse to.
They all should be fired for incompetence

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.
I know someone who went from working pricing contacts with a distributor making 40k a year to working for the government promoting Obamacare making pretty pie charts...earning 85k a year.

so yeah.

On a side, the MFers who worked Obamacare were THE WORST employees of all. They produced negative results.

You should have seen the website I cleaned up after them, unreal. They say "write to an 8th grade level", them bitches must have mistook the saying to mean "write like you have an 8th grade level education". No offense to 8th graders, some of the shit they came up with was just plain retarded.

Last edited:
I too would cut across the board until it hurts, then cut a bit more.
The military/police/fire is an necessary, Civilian federal employees are not necessary.
The private sector can do everything better, more efficient and are far less corrupt

Much too broad of a statement.

When I was a young Staff Sergeant running a Flight Clarence section for MCAS Yuma we "privatized" much of the base services to civilians. Not only was the service far worse, it cost more.

One afternoon our Base Operations frequency went down, it is required by FAA regulations. I called the proper people to get it fixed, but seeing as it was almost 1600, I was told the Base CO would have to approve the OT if I wanted it fixed. Thus I spent the next 30 minutes tracking him down to get his approval. While this was happening the technician as sitting in his office making overtime, but not working...just waiting for my response. In the end it took 15 minutes to fix and the man got an hour of overtime. And his salary was more than 40% above the Marine that used to do the job.
That started happening a lot when I was in....privatizing, less service, they got paid more than their military/civil servant counterparts.

Laissez faire, yes?

For example ? Do you think government lawyers and accountants make more than private sector ? Do agency heads make more than CEOs of large companies ?
You are crying about CEO's?

Considering the wealth of the 7 wealthiest democrats in congress total 1.1 billion dollars...yes. Why don't you have a problem with career politicians accumulating wealth on the backs of tax payers?

Forum List

Back