President Trump nominates originalist Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Replacing a religious nutjob in Scalia with a more moderate guy is better than nothing I guess. Ginsburg better make it through the next 4 years.

She looks like she's already dead.

2016-09-16-justice-ginsburg-0236-edit_sq-924fcb6dc73b4eaf9a2f48cefb9b69891a11f710-s300-c85.jpg
The old Jewess needs to go!

From Wikipedia:

Gorsuch is a proponent of originalism, the idea that the Constitution should be interpreted as the Founding Fathers would have interpreted it, and of textualism, the idea that statutes should be interpreted literally, without considering the legislative history and underlying purpose of the law.

In a 2005 speech at Case Western Reserve University, Gorsuch said that judges should strive "to apply the law as it is, focusing backward, not forward, and looking to text, structure, and history to decide what a reasonable reader at the time of the events in question would have understood the law to be -- not to decide cases based on their own moral convictions or the policy consequences they believe might serve society best."

In a 2005 article published by National Review, Gorsuch argued that “American liberals have become addicted to the courtroom, relying on judges and lawyers rather than elected leaders and the ballot box, as the primary means of effecting their social agenda" and that they are "failing to reach out and persuade the public". Gorsuch wrote that, by relying on judges instead of elected officials and the ballot box to enact their agenda, American liberals are circumventing the democratic process on issues like gay marriage, school vouchers, and assisted suicide, and this has led to a compromised judiciary, which is no longer independent. Gorsuch wrote that American liberals' "overweening addiction" to using the courts for social debate is "bad for the nation and bad for the judiciary".

So then he's not really JUDGE. A justice is to interpret written law, not depend on the emotion, ignorance & bias of the general public to write it for him.

Replacing a religious nutjob in Scalia with a more moderate guy is better than nothing I guess. Ginsburg better make it through the next 4 years.

2016-09-16-justice-ginsburg-0236-edit_sq-924fcb6dc73b4eaf9a2f48cefb9b69891a11f710-s300-c85.jpg
She chose not to retire under Obama, so for the sake of our nation she better fucking hold out for 4 more years.

It's not your nation. You people abandoned it years ago.
No. We've spent hundreds of years defending it from c*nts like you.

She chose not to retire under Obama, so for the sake of our nation she better fucking hold out for 4 more years.

It's not your nation. You people abandoned it years ago.
No. We've spent hundreds of years defending it from c*nts like you.

In 1865, you lost.

You would be crazysilly to make another attempt.

The old Jewess needs to go!

And with that, the leader of USMB's conservatives makes his view, and theirs, known to all.
That's right! My privilege allows me to do it.

In his first few days in office, Donald The Dictator has demonstrated a clear disregard for gay rights, for the Constitution & for American values. NOT MY PRESIDENT!

My prediction says there won't be enough dems in the Senate to hold up the nomination of Gorsuch and he will ascend to the SCOTUS as the 9th Justice. They'll be thinking of the Rust Belt and 2018. Sorry gang. This is what Rust Belt dems wanted who voted for Trump.

From Wikipedia:

Gorsuch is a proponent of originalism, the idea that the Constitution should be interpreted as the Founding Fathers would have interpreted it, and of textualism, the idea that statutes should be interpreted literally, without considering the legislative history and underlying purpose of the law.

In a 2005 speech at Case Western Reserve University, Gorsuch said that judges should strive "to apply the law as it is, focusing backward, not forward, and looking to text, structure, and history to decide what a reasonable reader at the time of the events in question would have understood the law to be -- not to decide cases based on their own moral convictions or the policy consequences they believe might serve society best."

In a 2005 article published by National Review, Gorsuch argued that “American liberals have become addicted to the courtroom, relying on judges and lawyers rather than elected leaders and the ballot box, as the primary means of effecting their social agenda" and that they are "failing to reach out and persuade the public". Gorsuch wrote that, by relying on judges instead of elected officials and the ballot box to enact their agenda, American liberals are circumventing the democratic process on issues like gay marriage, school vouchers, and assisted suicide, and this has led to a compromised judiciary, which is no longer independent. Gorsuch wrote that American liberals' "overweening addiction" to using the courts for social debate is "bad for the nation and bad for the judiciary".

So then he's not really JUDGE. A justice is to interpret written law, not depend on the emotion, ignorance & bias of the general public to write it for him.

Au contraire, a law written in common language requires no interpretation. Interpretation serves only to weaken law.

Progressives are no better than the Inquisitional Church, who instructed people NOT to read the Bible, that THEY would tell them what it meant.

Marbury v. Madison was our first mistake.

In his first few days in office, Donald The Dictator has demonstrated a clear disregard for gay rights, for the Constitution & for American values. NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Trump vows to continue LGBT workplace rights protection

not enough. he needs to appoint pro-gay marriage justices, not ones like Despicable Gorsuch!
You are right. You understand who sets those policies. The Court. Not the POTUS. Very good. Trump could support anal fisting being taught in schools, but if the Court says "NO" to that, what Trump supports doesn't matter..

I have tremendous respect for the presidency but i cannot tolerate a President who ignores direct judicial orders

Gorsuch now. Kennedy and Ginsburg are likely retirements.

7-2 Court. If Thomas happens to retire as well, a same-same pick.

A court for a generation. Enough time to repair a lot of damage.
if Joe Biden grills him, he will bring up the good old days when he was a child watching President Teddy Rosevelt on TV in the 20's.

How would biden do that?

Forum List

Back