President Trump to order colleges to respect free speech or lose funding!

Is Trump going to enforce Free Speech on the “university” he founded in 2005? Can’t?
He probably has the taste of sour grapes; that business of his failed after only 5 years and no longer exists.
Another FAIL of his.

Successful businesspeople have failures. They are risking their money and other peoples’ invested risk capital. Now, contrast that with how Liberals fail using American Taxpayer’s essential money.

Uh, Trump University didn't "fail". It was closed down like his foundation...because they were crooked.

Liberty does not exist without Federal student aide, grants and loans.
They are one of the largest recipients of such in the country
"Liberty University is a private evangelical Christian university in Lynchburg, Virginia. It is one of the largest Christian universities in the world and the largest private non-profit university in the United States, measured by student enrollment." (Source: Wikipedia)

And it still gets federal student aid, grants and loans.

One of the TOP FIVE in the nation.

Is Trump going to enforce Free Speech on the “university” he founded in 2005? Can’t?
He probably has the taste of sour grapes; that business of his failed after only 5 years and no longer exists.
Another FAIL of his.

Successful businesspeople have failures. They are risking their money and other peoples’ invested risk capital. Now, contrast that with how Liberals fail using American Taxpayer’s essential money.
Only Liberals fail using taxpayer funds?
Gee, you are partisan!

When was the last time a Conservative Restaurant owner kicked out customers for wearing a T-Shirt or hat that said “Hope and Change”?

Another FAIL of his.

Uh, Trump University didn't "fail". It was closed down like his foundation...because they were crooked.

The point of the post is about “tolerance” and if it exists from the Left. If you would like to debate crooked foundations, by all means, create a seperate thread on how Trump Foundation was crooked and Clinton Foundation was not.

Trump to order colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.

Trump should address the real problem in universities, the lack of diversity. The universities are almost entirely populated by leftists and Jews are way over-represented. Basically, the universities are anti-American full stop, a huge problem.

Another FAIL of his.

Only Liberals fail using taxpayer funds?
Gee, you are partisan!

Nope. That is not what I said. The point of my post is that Liberals don’t fail with their own risk or their own risk Capital.

Liberty has an agenda and they are very open with it.

The universities Trump is referring to hide their agendas.

Only a moron could compare a religious practice with general free speech of students in tax payer funded universities.

I am well acquainted with LU, I received my bachelors from them.

Liberty is not a religious practice, they are a university that gets huge amounts of tax payer money
Correct me if in wrong, but LU doesnt receive any federal funding. Grant's and scholarships are awarded to the students, but the school itself doesnt get any money from the government.

I believe you are wrong .

Plus, schools get tax exempt status .
The reason I mentioned it is because of this from wapo. It says LU doesnt receive any federal funding, only in the form of student aid.

As with any federal financial aid, the grants and loans are awarded to students, not the university. Liberty does not receive any other federal funds, but its growth has come by attracting Christian students who qualify for aid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-loans/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.91e9064f93df

How about the Left being more tolerant instead of holding everyone being tolerant to them.

The left is far more tolerant than the right . When does the right ever accept people who don’t follow their beliefs ?

When was the last time you saw the Right throw eggs at Clinton supporters or smash windows and light fires at one of Obama’s Inaugrations?

The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.

When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

The Left is NOT tolerant.
There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.

The left is far more tolerant than the right . When does the right ever accept people who don’t follow their beliefs ?
When was the last time you saw the Right throw eggs at Clinton supporters or smash windows and light fires at one of Obama’s Inaugrations?
The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.
When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.
Conservative view points are not shut out of universities. That’s a myth.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?

Another FAIL of his.

The point of the post is about “tolerance” and if it exists from the Left. If you would like to debate crooked foundations, by all means, create a seperate thread on how Trump Foundation was crooked and Clinton Foundation was not.
I understand the Trump foundation is failing, while the Clinton foundation is succeeding.
No?

The President in 2019 actually has to order Liberals to respect the 1st Amendment. Stunning.

Trump to order colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.

I can’t wait for Liberty University to allow the Satanist and Wiccans free space on their campus!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It just may happen. But you can thank Liberals for that. This is what happens when you shut down every opposing point.

Conservative view points are not shut out of universities. That’s a myth.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?

You state policy what is on paper but that is far removed from reality.... you lost your argument at “they are reviewed for logic and realism”. Now that is a myth.

Another FAIL of his.

I understand the Trump foundation is failing, while the Clinton foundation is succeeding.
No?

The topic was ethics of Trump vs. Clinton Foundation. Hands down, Clinton Foundation
props op Haitian crisis and other causes for pay to play. Perhaps Trump should have done the same?

Only a moron could compare a religious practice with general free speech of students in tax payer funded universities.

Liberty is not a religious practice, they are a university that gets huge amounts of tax payer money
Correct me if in wrong, but LU doesnt receive any federal funding. Grant's and scholarships are awarded to the students, but the school itself doesnt get any money from the government.

The reason I mentioned it is because of this from wapo. It says LU doesnt receive any federal funding, only in the form of student aid.

As with any federal financial aid, the grants and loans are awarded to students, not the university. Liberty does not receive any other federal funds, but its growth has come by attracting Christian students who qualify for aid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-loans/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.91e9064f93df

The money goes directly from the government to the universities...it does not go to the student first.

The money goes directly from the government to the universities...it does not go to the student first.

The EO states private universities are to follow their written policies on speech, public universities the 1st Amendment.

The EO states private universities are to follow their written policies on speech, public universities the 1st Amendment.

How convenient

How convenient

How horrible for universities to follow documented policy.

There are dozens of examples of professors telling kids that colleges are exempt from the 1st Amendment right to free speech and ripping down posters that they personally don't agree with. Conservative kids had no recourse for forty years. We finally have a President with balls and colleges are whining already.

Forum List

Back