President Trump to order colleges to respect free speech or lose funding!

Trump to order colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.
A week after threatening snl with a federal roughing up. What a sick mentally challenged hypocrit. What conservatives saw and acknowledged that? I saw none.

Does the EO actually say anything?
Says public universities to comply with First Amendment, private with documented policies on speech.

Only an idiot could object.

It's just cultural war bs riling up the base, and we see it here.

School administrators have an obligation to cancel paid speaking events on campus that threaten the safety of their students.
College Students do not have the same free speech rights you and I have, and colleges don't play be the same rules as to cities and public govt ... that's the Supreme Court.

Generally colleges don't ban anyone unless there's a threat of violence. Are courts going to allow public funding to be pulled in Milo gets invited by a group of stundents who want to disrupt? At Ole Miss the Klan and white supremacists sometimes drop by to get heckled by students. The Admin gives them "a safe space" surrounded by cops.

The more controversial stuff is when "the commencement committee" invites someone like Condi, and students say no way. I think its uncivil and simply protesting outside or just turning your back as the person speaks makes the statement more plainly. But commencement ceremonies have nothing to do with free speech. LOL

The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.
When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

The Left is NOT tolerant.
There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.
Conservative view points are not shut out of universities. That’s a myth.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?

Huh? They (conservative speakers prevented from speaking at public universities) testified before congress on being shut out of universities.

If you are saying all of them lied, by all means prove it, and you can have them sent to prison for lying to congress.

Ben Shapiro to testify in congressional hearing on college campus free speech
What was the result of that 2017 hearing?

When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?

Huh? They (conservative speakers prevented from speaking at public universities) testified before congress on being shut out of universities.

If you are saying all of them lied, by all means prove it, and you can have them sent to prison for lying to congress.

The title of this thread, is a result of that hearing.

What wasn't a result, was Shapiro being sent to prison for lying to congress.

The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.

:auiqs.jpg: it just doesn't get more delusional than this, folks. Not three weeks ago a conservative gets beat up by a liberal thug
on the UC Berkeley campus for speaking about conservatism.
Conservative activist allegedly attacked on UC Berkeley's campus - CNN

Universities shutting down free speech of conservatives
Grand Canyon University Blocks Conservative Speaker Ben Shapiro for Being 'Divisive'
The 5 most controversial campus speakers of 2017

Even Condoleezza Rice was forced to back out of a commencement speech at Rutgers U.
Cancellation of Commencement Speakers a Slap in the Face to Academic Free Speech

Yes, the left is trying to to stifle free speech of the conservative view point.
So denmark, you really don't have a clue on what you're talking about in regards to Free Speech.
I know that UC Berkeley episode has NOTHING to do with university policy.
Two idiots made news on campus grounds, and Trump calls the conservative idiot a hero?
Your president is a sad case.

What exactly did Shapiro lie about?
Trump lies all the time; why is he not in prison?

Huh? He didn't lie. That was my point.

Maybe I'm missing who said what..... but here was the purpose of my statement.

Someone said that conservative views are not being shut out of universities.

Ben Shapiro testified before congress that they in fact were being shut out of universities.

If that is not true, then he should be in prison for lying to congress.

He didn't lie, which is why he is not in prison.

Conservative views are being shut out of universities.

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.

I can’t wait for Liberty University to allow the Satanist and Wiccans free space on their campus!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So you admit Universities agenda is to foster and promote Leftism.

Golfing Gator is a Leftist so of course he supports the Agenda to promote Leftism.

Let see.

I can’t wait for Liberty University to allow the Satanist and Wiccans free space on their campus!

Liberty does not need Federal funding as much as Berkeley does.

Liberty does not exist without Federal student aide, grants and loans.

They are one of the largest recipients of such in the country

ROFL! Those things are destroying liberty, and every genuine libertarian is against them.

When I said, Liberty, I meant the University. Fuck dude, follow the damn discussion so you do not keep looking like a complete tool

:auiqs.jpg: it just doesn't get more delusional than this, folks. Not three weeks ago a conservative gets beat up by a liberal thug

Grand Canyon University Blocks Conservative Speaker Ben Shapiro for Being 'Divisive'

Even Condoleezza Rice was forced to back out of a commencement speech at Rutgers U.
Cancellation of Commencement Speakers a Slap in the Face to Academic Free Speech

Yes, the left is trying to to stifle free speech of the conservative view point.
So denmark, you really don't have a clue on what you're talking about in regards to Free Speech.
Two idiots made news on campus grounds, and Trump calls the conservative idiot a hero?
What I gather from your post is that the Berkeley episode is not university policy.
But, The shout downs with conservative speakers is university policy?

I'm confused with your half assed answer.

Let see.

Liberty does not need Federal funding as much as Berkeley does.

Liberty does not exist without Federal student aide, grants and loans.

They are one of the largest recipients of such in the country

ROFL! Those things are destroying liberty, and every genuine libertarian is against them.

When I said, Liberty, I meant the University. Fuck dude, follow the damn discussion so you do not keep looking like a complete tool
What is the basis of your claim that "they are one of the largest recipients of such in the country?"

Huh? He didn't lie. That was my point.

Maybe I'm missing who said what..... but here was the purpose of my statement.

Someone said that conservative views are not being shut out of universities.

Ben Shapiro testified before congress that they in fact were being shut out of universities.

If that is not true, then he should be in prison for lying to congress.

He didn't lie, which is why he is not in prison.

Conservative views are being shut out of universities.
Shapiro testified before congress that they in fact were being shut out of universities?
How can that be if Shapiro, a conservative, frequently speaks at a number of college campuses across the United States to present his conservative viewpoint on controversial subjects?? He spoke at 37 campuses between early 2016 and late 2017!

Ben Shapiro, a Provocative ‘Gladiator,’ Battles to Win Young Conservatives

What I gather from your post is that the Berkeley episode is not university policy.

Where is the confusion?
The political shout downs on college campuses are between groups and individuals that do not represent the university administration policy other than being allowed freedom of expression.
Many of those individuals in shout downs and especially violence are NOT students.

Where is the confusion?
The political shout downs on college campuses are between groups and individuals that do not represent the university administration policy other than being allowed freedom of expression.
Many of those individuals in shout downs and especially violence are NOT students.
Yet......they do nothing with amping up security and shut down an opposing point of view....got it, denmark.

Where is the confusion?
Yet......they do nothing with amping up security and shut down an opposing point of view....got it, denmark.
So, you think the government should give universities millions more dollars to enhance their campus security for non-students to express themeselves?

Where is the confusion?
So, you think the government should give universities millions more dollars to enhance their campus security for non-students to express themeselves?
You really don't understand, do you? I can't fix that no matter what I would say.

Where is the confusion?
You really don't understand, do you? I can't fix that no matter what I would say.
You can fix your response by answering my question:
Do you think the government should give universities millions more dollars to enhance their campus security for non-students to express themeselves?

Where is the confusion?
You can fix your response by answering my question:
Do you think the government should give universities millions more dollars to enhance their campus security for non-students to express themeselves?
The universities just need to budget themselves like you an I do. I don't know of many schools that
are strapped for cash with the tuitions they recieve.....do you?

Forum List

Back