President Trump to order colleges to respect free speech or lose funding!

When was the last time you saw the Right throw eggs at Clinton supporters or smash windows and light fires at one of Obama’s Inaugrations?
The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.
When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

The Left is NOT tolerant.
There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.
Conservative view points are not shut out of universities. That’s a myth.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?

Huh? They (conservative speakers prevented from speaking at public universities) testified before congress on being shut out of universities.

If you are saying all of them lied, by all means prove it, and you can have them sent to prison for lying to congress.

Ben Shapiro to testify in congressional hearing on college campus free speech

Liberty has an agenda and they are very open with it.

The universities Trump is referring to hide their agendas.

Only a moron could compare a religious practice with general free speech of students in tax payer funded universities.

I am well acquainted with LU, I received my bachelors from them.

Liberty is not a religious practice, they are a university that gets huge amounts of tax payer money
Correct me if in wrong, but LU doesnt receive any federal funding. Grant's and scholarships are awarded to the students, but the school itself doesnt get any money from the government.

I believe you are wrong .

Plus, schools get tax exempt status .
The reason I mentioned it is because of this from wapo. It says LU doesnt receive any federal funding, only in the form of student aid.

As with any federal financial aid, the grants and loans are awarded to students, not the university. Liberty does not receive any other federal funds, but its growth has come by attracting Christian students who qualify for aid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-loans/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.91e9064f93df

The money goes directly from the government to the universities...it does not go to the student first.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
True, but if it goes to the university on behalf of the student, it's still considered student financial aid, and not government grants to the university, no?

Is Trump going to enforce Free Speech on the “university” he founded in 2005? Can’t?
He probably has the taste of sour grapes; that business of his failed after only 5 years and no longer exists.
Another FAIL of his.

Successful businesspeople have failures. They are risking their money and other peoples’ invested risk capital. Now, contrast that with how Liberals fail using American Taxpayer’s essential money.

Uh, Trump University didn't "fail". It was closed down like his foundation...because they were crooked.

The point of the post is about “tolerance” and if it exists from the Left. If you would like to debate crooked foundations, by all means, create a seperate thread on how Trump Foundation was crooked and Clinton Foundation was not.
I understand the Trump foundation is failing, while the Clinton foundation is succeeding.
No?

Not failing, closed down for being a con, crooked to the core with self dealing. Trump Foundation- closed for criminal activity. Clinton Foundation still in operation and still has an A rating from Charity Watch and score of 92 out of 100 on Charity Navigator.

Liberty does not exist without Federal student aide, grants and loans.

They are one of the largest recipients of such in the country
Liberty should allow free speech.

Look people. The best defense against speech that you hate is not to shut it down. Sunshine is a wonderful disinfectant.

You've heard the old proverb: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Let them remove all doubt, people.

Liberty should comply and allow free speech or FUCK OFF on any funding.

Look people. The best defense against speech that you hate is not to shut it down. Sunshine is a wonderful disinfectant.

You've heard the old proverb: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The EO states private universities are to comply with their documented policies on speech. Liberty does.

Then Trump shouldn’t have given them a loophole. Now they can still “stifle free speech” and keep spending Federal money that they get by the bucketful. How nice for them.

When was the last time you saw the Right throw eggs at Clinton supporters or smash windows and light fires at one of Obama’s Inaugrations?
The right only does minor things like mailing pipe bombs or planning mass slaughters. No one has to tolerate draconian points of view.
When was the last time a Donald Trump supporter planned a mass slaughter and carried out a mass shooting of exposed Democrat Congressmen playing baseball on an open field?

The Left is NOT tolerant.
There are IDIOTS on both sides. Generalizing to whole populations from small samples is not very smart.

The fact you admit their are idiots on both sides, which I agree, means the Left Asses need to go pound sand when they try and appoint themselves as the tolerant side. The premise that one side is more tolerant than the other is not very smart either. Conservative view points are being shut out of universities in the name of “tolerance” when the very act of shutting out alternative viewpoints is not tolerant.
Conservative view points are not shut out of universities. That’s a myth.
ALL views are considered in academic settings, but they are reviewed for logic and realism.
Perhaps conservatives are crybabies when their views come under academic scrutiny?
:auiqs.jpg: it just doesn't get more delusional than this, folks. Not three weeks ago a conservative gets beat up by a liberal thug
on the UC Berkeley campus for speaking about conservatism.
Conservative activist allegedly attacked on UC Berkeley's campus - CNN

Universities shutting down free speech of conservatives
Grand Canyon University Blocks Conservative Speaker Ben Shapiro for Being 'Divisive'
The 5 most controversial campus speakers of 2017

Even Condoleezza Rice was forced to back out of a commencement speech at Rutgers U.
Cancellation of Commencement Speakers a Slap in the Face to Academic Free Speech

Yes, the left is trying to to stifle free speech of the conservative view point.
So denmark, you really don't have a clue on what you're talking about in regards to Free Speech.

Last edited:
Trump to order colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.

I can’t wait for Liberty University to allow the Satanist and Wiccans free space on their campus!

So you admit Universities agenda is to foster and promote Leftism.

Did you respond to the wrong post? Where I did mention anything about agendas?

Do you think that Liberty University is fostering and promoting leftism?

Isn't using Liberty University as your example the exception?

Let see.

Leftists will scream and throw fits,along with them colleges will probably file suits against him for trying to insure freedom of speech for ALL students and staff,SC will uphold the executive order.

I can’t wait for Liberty University to allow the Satanist and Wiccans free space on their campus!

Strawman much

Does the EO actually say anything?
Says public universities to comply with First Amendment, private with documented policies on speech.

Only an idiot could object.

School administrators have an obligation to cancel paid speaking events on campus that threaten the safety of their students.
And why should it be that only the conservatives are the ones that pay that price?
Beef up security if there is an issue.....it still boils down to Freedom of Speech is being stifled, and the Universities
are letting it happen.
Something is broken.....fix it.

Does the EO actually say anything?
Says public universities to comply with First Amendment, private with documented policies on speech.

Only an idiot could object.

School administrators have an obligation to cancel paid speaking events on campus that threaten the safety of their students.
And why should it be that only the conservatives are the ones that pay that price?
Beef up security if there is an issue.....it still boils down to Freedom of Speech is being stifled, and the Universities
are letting it happen.
Something is broken.....fix it.

Violence over some body, anybody speaking is the problem. All I'm saying is that parents expect the university to use good judgement for these types of explosive situations. If they expect that the violence will overwhelm the security they should have every right to postpone the event until such time as it can be protected. And I'm all for catching and prosecuting any fascist using violence to stifle free speech. If I don't like your ideas, I want to fight them with my ideas, not my fists.

Let see.

Liberty does not need Federal funding as much as Berkeley does.

ROFL! Those things are destroying liberty, and every genuine libertarian is against them.

Forum List

Back