Prison: A Waste of Human Life

He changed after he became a Buddhist and started writing.

I pick who I write to. I only write to prisoners interested in Buddhist meditation. I don't write to sex offenders.
If he became a buddhist, he is still lost. Just another example of sympathy for the thug and not the victims of the thug.

I pick who I write to. I only write to prisoners interested in Buddhist meditation. I don't write to sex offenders.
If he became a buddhist, he is still lost. Just another example of sympathy for the thug and not the victims of the thug.

I don't understand what you mean, that if Jarvis became a Buddhist, he is still lost. Explain.

Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche (1930-2002), Padma Gargyi Wangchuk, was a renowned teacher of the Nyingma school. He was known and respected in the West for his teachings, and also for his melodic chanting voice, his artistry as a sculptor and painter, his limitless compassion, and his sense of humor. He was the source of treasured Nyingma lineage transmissions for the thousands of people whom he taught in North and South America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.

Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche - Rigpa Wiki

Rinpoche died the year I went into retreat.

who could blame him?

Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche (1930-2002), Padma Gargyi Wangchuk, was a renowned teacher of the Nyingma school. He was known and respected in the West for his teachings, and also for his melodic chanting voice, his artistry as a sculptor and painter, his limitless compassion, and his sense of humor. He was the source of treasured Nyingma lineage transmissions for the thousands of people whom he taught in North and South America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.

Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche - Rigpa Wiki

Rinpoche died the year I went into retreat.

who could blame him?

Please send another keyboard... usual address. TIA.

Good. Sex offenders deserve to be killed too.

You write to murderers. I am not sure which is worse.

I pick who I write to. I only write to prisoners interested in Buddhist meditation.

Being a good person does not excuse someone from facing the consequences of previous actions.

Period.

He faces the consequences every day. Thank you for acknowledging that he has become a good person.

Does he now. Well good for him. He is not however facing the same consequences his victim did. The day he faces his death, as in the last moments of his life, then he will face his consequences.

I only write to Buddhist prisoners.

At last. :clap2:

This is a buddhist thing. What you are saying is that if man was not a bhuddist you would not give a shit about him. :thup:

No, that is not what I'm saying. I work for the Prison Dharma Project. The people I write to are interested in Buddhist meditation.

I don't just get "pen pals" for no reason.

Good. Sex offenders deserve to be killed too.

You write to murderers. I am not sure which is worse.

I talk to you. You're into murder. You've stated many times you would have no problem killing someone.

Jarvis didn't kill anyone.

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few. What I'm struck by is that the sentences don't always match the crime and that the innocent also wind up in prison.

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Some truly self-heal, and IMO, it is a waste of resources to keep them locked or to execute them.

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Prison work has been part of my spiritual path for ten years.

Your thoughts?

Why is he on death row? As far as I'm concerned nonviolent criminals should not be incarcerated but murderers (other than self defense), rapists and otherwise violent people should be locked up for as long as possible.

I have my concerns about the death penalty but do not discount it if there is absolutely no doubt concerning the conviction.

Last edited:
Prison is not that bad guys, my brother did a year in Wasco, he had a pocket full of cash, all the dope he could want, had a cell phone and was updating his Facebook daily. My parents called the prison and they said they couldn't do anything, they searched his cell and couldn't find the phone, dope or cash.

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few. What I'm struck by is that the sentences don't always match the crime and that the innocent also wind up in prison.

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Some truly self-heal, and IMO, it is a waste of resources to keep them locked or to execute them.

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Your thoughts?

Why is he on death row? As far as I'm concerned nonviolent criminals should not be incarcerated but murderers (other than self defense), rapists and otherwise violent people should be locked up for as long as possible.

I have my concerns about the death penalty but do not discount it if there is absolutely no doubt concerning the conviction.

sky seems to feel that since he has had a coming to jesus ..i mean buddha moment that he should not fry for his crimes.

Your thoughts?

sky seems to feel that since he has had a coming to jesus ..i mean buddha moment that he should not fry for his crimes.

These inmates are slick as hell, they are very convincing and they can easily convince most people they are innocent. It is easy to find Jesus when you are locked down.

Forum List

Back