Prison: A Waste of Human Life

Sky wants them all cut loose, after all prison is so inhumane.:eusa_eh:

im sure she does.

this murderer though....she has a soft spot for.

I am kinda surprised since she has this disdain towards men.

Oh i think sky has a kind heart. That also makes people dumb... she was suckered in by the buddhist angel. I am sure he has fed her a line of woe is me.... not my fault i dont deserve to die bullshit.

im sure she does.

this murderer though....she has a soft spot for.

Oh i think sky has a kind heart. That also makes people dumb... she was suckered in by the buddhist angel. I am sure he has fed her a line of woe is me.... not my fault i dont deserve to die bullshit.

Of course, but what about the people he killed? she should be writing to their families, not the guy who killed them.

Of course, but what about the people he killed? she should be writing to their families, not the guy who killed them.

we asked her about that....its in the thread.

she doesn't care about them.....

Thats sad, those are the people who really need the help.

They weren't Buddhists. :eusa_shhh:

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few. What I'm struck by is that the sentences don't always match the crime and that the innocent also wind up in prison.

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Some truly self-heal, and IMO, it is a waste of resources to keep them locked or to execute them.

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Prison work has been part of my spiritual path for ten years.

Your thoughts?

Prison should be the penalty for the most serious and violent felonies. Period. We spend too much money and we create career criminals by sending off minor offenders, drug offenders and youth.

More time and money should - IMO - be spent on first time offenders, probation and parole supervision and prosocial activities for children and particularly 'tweens' than on incarceration in the environment that exists in most prisons and many juvenile facilities.

Middle and high schools across the nation should consider youth courts*** to handle school rule violations and non violent criminal activity (theft, vandalism, smoking, drugs use, etc.), often precursors to serious crimes.

***Facts and Stats | Youth Court

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few. What I'm struck by is that the sentences don't always match the crime and that the innocent also wind up in prison.

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Some truly self-heal, and IMO, it is a waste of resources to keep them locked or to execute them.

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Your thoughts?

Prison should be the penalty for the most serious and violent felonies. Period. We spend too much money and we create career criminals by sending off minor offenders, drug offenders and youth.

More time and money should - IMO - be spent on first time offenders, probation and parole supervision and prosocial activities for children and particularly 'tweens' than on incarceration in the environment that exists in most prisons and many juvenile facilities.

Middle and high schools across the nation should consider youth courts*** to handle school rule violations and non violent criminal activity (theft, vandalism, smoking, drugs use, etc.), often precursors to serious crimes.

the liberals in CA disagree with you. They are thumbs up on the death penalty... and we should start with jarvis masters.

Your thoughts?

the liberals in CA disagree with you. They are thumbs up on the death penalty... and we should start with jarvis masters.

I've battled with liberals ("Books not Bars") and Conservatives (opposed to youth/peer courts and want more and more juveniles tried in adult courts) often, and I've learned one important lesson: Idologues are the not pragmatic and stubborn as mules (and generally not as bright as a mule).

Prisons are a joke, basically a country club for criminals. I've met people who go in and out, they actually make more money in prison, sometimes they go back on purpose to make extra spending money.

Prisons are a joke, basically a country club for criminals. I've met people who go in and out, they actually make more money in prison, sometimes they go back on purpose to make extra spending money.

three meals a day.... medical and dental.... entertainment and exercise.

Yup and a free library with access to all kind of books, you can actually get a free education in there. Plus you can pretty much get whatever you need at the commissary, there is all kinds of money going in and out of the prison system, our inmates keep going in and out because that is what the majority of them what. Prison is supposed to be something that once you go through it, you will do whatever it takes to stay out because it was a horrible experience. That is NOT the way most inmates feel about it here in the States, hell my brother got out last year and is on his way back, he doesn't care. Prison is a joke and is a second home for him, he actually generates more income in there.

Yup and a free library with access to all kind of books, you can actually get a free education in there. Plus you can pretty much get whatever you need at the commissary, there is all kinds of money going in and out of the prison system, our inmates keep going in and out because that is what the majority of them what. Prison is supposed to be something that once you go through it, you will do whatever it takes to stay out because it was a horrible experience. That is NOT the way most inmates feel about it here in the States, hell my brother got out last year and is on his way back, he doesn't care. Prison is a joke and is a second home for him, he actually generates more income in there.

lol... one of my crew was laughing at it all. He was from mexico...and according to him... they (lations) LOVE our prisons! He said prison should be like mexican prisons... where they have to fight for water. I agree with him.... we make it far to nice.

lol... one of my crew was laughing at it all. He was from mexico...and according to him... they (lations) LOVE our prisons! He said prison should be like mexican prisons... where they have to fight for water. I agree with him.... we make it far to nice.

We don't even have to make it like that, look at the prisons in China. You get just the bare basics to survive, water and three basic meals a day, no hot pockets, mac and cheese, hamburgers etc that you can get in the commissary, no soda, no tv, no IPods, no MP3 players, no Air Jordans. The Chinese work their inmates hard doing labor, and most Chinese inmates do not return back because it is a terrible experience.

Your thoughts?

My experience with prisoners is that MOST of them are innocent. Or so they claim.

That's my experience as well. My favorite is when they tell me they are innocent but want to plead to the crimes.. Im just like, if you didn't do it why would you plead?

Forum List

Back