Private Clinton Emails Included Two 'Top Secret' Messages

Clinton aides have maintained that nothing on her server was classified at the time she saw it, suggesting that classified messages were given the label after the fact.
John Kirby, a spokesman for the State Department, said that was the case with two emails, adding that it remained unclear "whether, in fact, this material is actually classified."
"Department employees circulated these emails on unclassified systems in 2009 and 2011, and ultimately some were forwarded to Secretary Clinton," Kirby said Tuesday. "They were not marked as classified."
So you're saying Hillary and her staff didn't have enough sense to know if something needed to be classified??????

It is not the receivers responsibility to classify information

A changing global situation may have turned unclassified information into classified

They were not classified until AFTER the fact. They were not classified at the time they were sent to her.

"Department employees circulated these emails on unclassified systems in 2009 and 2011, and ultimately some were forwarded to Secretary Clinton," Kirby said Tuesday. "They were not marked as classified."

How can something start out unclassified and then after the fact be given the top most security classification? How inept is this bunch? Sorry, it doesn't add up.
Just because you have never heard of this kind of thing happening before doesn't mean this is the first time it has ever happened.

Your ignorance is not evidence of ineptness on someone's else's part. It is evidence you have no idea what you are talking about.

Clinton aides have maintained that nothing on her server was classified at the time she saw it, suggesting that classified messages were given the label after the fact.
John Kirby, a spokesman for the State Department, said that was the case with two emails, adding that it remained unclear "whether, in fact, this material is actually classified."
So you're saying Hillary and her staff didn't have enough sense to know if something needed to be classified??????

A changing global situation may have turned unclassified information into classified
She was SecState. It was her responsibility.

They were not classified until AFTER the fact. They were not classified at the time they were sent to her.

How can something start out unclassified and then after the fact be given the top most security classification? How inept is this bunch? Sorry, it doesn't add up.
Just because you have never heard of this kind of thing happening before doesn't mean this is the first time it has ever happened.

Your ignorance is not evidence of ineptness on someone's else's part. It is evidence you have no idea what you are talking about.
Usually when it happens people go to prison.

The State Department emails were retroactively upgraded by the FBI during a later review.

This very well could be a criminal offense. But i don't think much is gonna come of it. The Clintons are incredibly well-connected. They have the most powerful of the Globalist Elites supporting them. Her damn husband's a serial pervert rapist for God's sake. Anything ever come of that? They have the money and power behind em. Does anyone doubt that?

Usually when it happens people go to prison.

Nope. You, too, are speaking out of your ass. You can't go to prison for possessing unclassified information that was later upgraded to classified. You just have to give it back. If you don't, THEN you can be prosecuted.

Do You Have to Keep the Government s Secrets Retroactively Classified Documents the First Amendment and the Power To Make Secrets Out of the Public Record by Jonathan Abel SSRN

Retroactive classification is a little-known national security power that allows the government to declassify a document, release it to the public, and then classify it later on — even if the document remains accessible in the public domain. This means you could receive a document today and be prosecuted tomorrow for not giving it back. Drawing on original interviews, historical documents, and other primary sources, this Article provides the first in-depth account of this phenomenon, which threatens the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, and the separation of powers, but has received only glancing scholarly attention.

The Article begins with examples of retroactive classification, which has targeted material ranging from congressional testimony on the missile-defense system to half-century-old documents at the National Archives. It then examines how the rules that are supposed to limit retroactive classification’s sweep are incapable of doing so in the Internet Age. The Article next asks: Can the government punish someone for disregarding a retroactive classification order? Despite significant statutory and First Amendment concerns, the Article concludes that the answer is yes. Retroactive classification can be enforced by criminal prosecution.

The Article also situates the phenomenon of retroactive classification in the broader debate about the government’s ability to control information in the public domain. As the Article shows, retroactive classification of sorts occurs in many contexts outside of national security law, such as when the government attempts to prevent the publication of social security numbers, police officers’ home addresses, and other sensitive information it has made available in the public record.

Finally, the Article examines the separation of powers implications of retroactive classification. Paradoxically, members of Congress are both more protected from and more vulnerable to retroactive classification than members of the public.

In an era when the government possesses so much sensitive information, and that information is so susceptible to disclosure, retroactive classification suggests that there are only the weakest of legal constraints on the government’s ability to control information in the public record.

Gee, that's a great explanation of how something starts out unclassified and then after the fact is given the top most security classification. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'd say there's ample evidence of ineptitude... just look at pretty much anything Hillary's ever been involved with.

Everyone is saying you're a liar.

Retroactive classification is very common. If you possess documents which were given to you as unclassified, that's fine. If they are later retroactively classified, you can't be punished for possessing them when they were unclassified.

However, you do have to return them to the government, or be prosecuted.

Gee, that's a great explanation of how something starts out unclassified and then after the fact is given the top most security classification. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'd say there's ample evidence of ineptitude... just look at pretty much anything Hillary's ever been involved with.
I'd say there's ample evidence of your ignorance and partisan bias causing you to speak out of your ass.

It was the State Department (under Hillary) that was responsible for classifying the information.... Again, was she too stupid to follow the guidelines and recognize material that should be classified?????

I've had written notes retroactively classified when I was in the military. Notes I had written myself. I was not allowed to keep my own notes and had to turn them in when I changed commands. How weird is that shit?

Like I said, this is a very common thing.

It was the State Department (under Hillary) that was responsible for classifying the information.... Again, was she too stupid to follow the guidelines and recognize material that should be classified?????
Are you really so stupid as to think this is the first time this has ever happened? Do you think it is possible for any government official to know which classification all the thousands of documents they read should have with absolute perfection? Really?

"I did not have contractual relations with that server!" -Hillary.
"I am not a crook!" -R.Nixon

And we get the Clinton machine revving up:
There'snothing to see here
It's old news
Everyone does it
It's just a vast right wing conspiracy

The unbridled false disgust is very hard to take considering:
Bush White House email controversy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"I did not have contractual relations with that server!" -Hillary.
"I am not a crook!" -R.Nixon

And we get the Clinton machine revving up:
There'snothing to see here
It's old news
Everyone does it
It's just a vast right wing conspiracy

The unbridled false disgust is very hard to take considering:
Bush White House email controversy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
It's easy to get the rubes riled up when they don't know jack shit.

Are you really so stupid as to think this is the first time this has ever happened? Do you think it is possible for any government official to know which classification all the thousands of documents they read should have with absolute perfection? Really?
I would expect them to be able to tell the difference between routine information and information that should be classified Top Secret.

I've had written notes retroactively classified when I was in the military. Notes I had written myself. I was not allowed to keep my own notes and had to turn them in when I changed commands. How weird is that shit?

Like I said, this is a very common thing.

Pretty weird considering you just said this:

If you possess documents which were given to you as unclassified, that's fine. If they are later retroactively classified, you can't be punished for possessing them when they were unclassified.

If you can't keep them, how can you not be punished for possessing them?

Talk abut talking out one's ass...

:lol:

Forum List

Back