Professional football and pink smoke.

In a good court of law, you have to show damage in order to get money.
His lawyer knows this, but is pursuing the case hoping for an out of court settlement. Hell if the idiot got $10,000 - the lawyer would get $6k.
I would hope no court would give this moron one red cent... otherwise would certainly result in other people trying to do the same thing.

I didn't hear about this. Then again I don't watch football or basketball anymore for the reason you noted, too many blacks.

I used to like football and basketball a lot and was fine even when it was a 50 50 split of black and white players but once they started becoming the majority I quit watching.

I quit watching because everytime someone talked they were usually a dumb thug and it turned me off. It also stopped being about the team and became about just a few key players.

Then they started pushing politics and social agendas and I completely tuned out. I haven't even watched 30 seconds of it. I was turned off so much i got offered free nfl tickets and I turned them down.

All I watch now is hockey.

I didn't hear about this. Then again I don't watch football or basketball anymore for the reason you noted, too many blacks.

I used to like football and basketball a lot and was fine even when it was a 50 50 split of black and white players but once they started becoming the majority I quit watching.

I quit watching because everytime someone talked they were usually a dumb thug and it turned me off. It also stopped being about the team and became about just a few key players.

Then they started pushing politics and social agendas and I completely tuned out. I haven't even watched 30 seconds of it. I was turned off so much i got offered free nfl tickets and I turned them down.

All I watch now is hockey.

College basketball here but it's declining over money.

His lawyer knows this, but is pursuing the case hoping for an out of court settlement. Hell if the idiot got $10,000 - the lawyer would get $6k.
I would hope no court would give this moron one red cent... otherwise would certainly result in other people trying to do the same thing.
I'm sure our pink friend is already limping and wearing a neck collar, and no doubt suffering flashbacks from being tackled.

He'll get 100k minimum.

He only has a case against the player who flattened him.

This was a VERY foolish mistake on the player's part, and one he'll pay for.

The rest of the cases will find the protestor pounding sand, and likely having to pay costs to those he's suing.
The idiot broke laws, put himself on the gield, jeopardized players' safety, put himself in their world, and made himself a target. The player helped subdue / capture a criminal.

Protest all you want outside the stadium.

He wanted attention ... he got it. He should thank the player for the extra attention, as people are still talking about his dumb ass.

The idiot broke laws, put himself on the gield, jeopardized players' safety, put himself in their world, and made himself a target. The player helped subdue / capture a criminal.

He wanted attention ... he got it. He should thank the player for the extra attention, as people are still talking about his dumb ass.
He'll thank the player for the settlement check I'm sure.

The guy's a jerk - as you say - but excessive force was used by the player.

It was a nice tackle by the Rams plater from the sideline.

Can you believe the crazed criminal fan's lawyer has said their client is looking into legal actions he can take (against the player, stadium, NFL...)?

Good grief.

I see your point, but disagree.
The player did not "tackle" him, but instead the fully protected player blind sided him with blunt force to the upper body.
A tackle is where you grab them.
Grabbing does no harm.
Using forearms to the head and shoulders of someone who is not expecting it, can break a neck, cause a concussion, etc.
It was totally inappropriate.

The player did not "tackle" him, but instead the fully protected player blind sided him with blunt force to the upper body.
Grabbing does no harm.
Using forearms to the head and shoulders of someone who is not expecting it, can break a neck, cause a concussion, etc.
Splitting hairs? Really?

The player assisted stadium security in the arrest of a criminal. Period.

Same thing as if this idiot had committed a crime on the streets and a passerby stepped in to help the policeman subdue the criminal.

This jackass won't get a dime.
Technically correct - he'll get far more than a dime.

You just can't flatten a wimp like that; it was excessive.

Mark my words & we can agree that the one who's wrong will donate 50 bucks to the forum, okay?

Grabbing does no harm.
Exactly.

Just not legal.

Pinkie will face legal problems, but will get a hefty settlement from the player.

Splitting hairs? Really?

Same thing as if this idiot had committed a crime on the streets and a passerby stepped in to help the policeman subdue the criminal.
VERY different; excessive force; not legal.

That is exactly what this over reaction will cause, if the player is not punished.
The protestor was peaceful and not harming anyone, and did not deserve to be blind sided with brutal impact like that.
The player likely did not realize how much harm he could have caused, but he did wrong, obviously.

Technically correct - he'll get far more than a dime.

You just can't flatten a wimp like that; it was excessive.

Mark my words & we can agree that the one who's wrong will donate 50 bucks to the forum, okay?
Your sympathy for a law-breaking criminal is touching, but is misplaced / misguided.

If this idiot was in Spain and chose to hop a fence, pop smoke, run with the bulls, and got flattened his attempting to sue the bull that hit him in their arena / area would be just as stupid...

...except in this case this idiot broke the law and was taken down by someone helping stadium security, not a bull.

Splitting hairs? Really?

Wrong.
If you try to assist a policeman on the street by breaking the perpetrator's neck, then you are guilty of murder.
The protestor was likely not a criminal, but just guilty of trespassing regulatory infraction.
You can not use deadly force to apprehend a criminal unless they are in the process of risking the lives of others.

The definition of a crime is when you harm the rights of others.
Who was this protestor harming?
The obvious answer is NO ONE.
In fact, the audience likely was bored and found it entertaining.

Since it would have been easy to simply grab him, then the body check to the head was totally and completely unnecessary and potentially deadly.

Your sympathy for a law-breaking criminal is touching, but is misplaced / misguided.

If this idiot was in Spain and chose to hop a fence, pop smoke, run with the bulls, and got flattened his attempting to sue the bull that hit him in their arena / area would be just as stupid...

...except in this case this idiot broke the law and was taken down by someone helping stadium security, not a bull.
Oh, I have zero sympathy for the pink jerk - I'm just explaining how the law works.

And a bull is a bull, not a reasoning human governed by law.

50 bucks to the forum sez the player pays up - deal? :)

Forum List

Back