Progressives Killed Eric Garner

When Liberal Democrats gain enough control of society/Government to ban firearms I will die in a pile of brass, when they come for my guns and spend the rest of Eternity in Valhalla.
I prefer to survive surrounded by pile of hand-grenade pins.

When you pull the pin from the hand grenade don't forget which one you're supposed to throw.

That goes without saying.

You're no doubt a hardened veteran of many video game campaigns.
You are well and truly a stupid shithead. But I'll let Mud lay it out for you.

I'm sure you guys could tell me all about your exciting fantasy video game personas.

Actually, they did. The fact that the Obama Administration made selling loose cigarattes a CRIME turned it into a police matter. This is the Real Issue in this tragic event: everyone can be turned into Eric Garner because an unknowable number of petty laws and regulations turn banal behavior into Criminal Offenses.
Wrong.

No. You are wrong.

Tobacco Retailers and the FDA
Do you sell tobacco products? Then you must comply with these federal laws.*

On June 22, 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a rule that restricts the sale, distribution, and marketing of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco products to protect children and adolescents. The rule is required by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act and is intended to protect kids by making tobacco products less accessible and attractive to them.

• Check photo ID of everyone appearing under age 27 who attempts to purchase cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, or smokeless tobacco.
    • Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco to anyone age 18 or older. **
    • Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco in a direct, face-to-face exchange. ***
    • Do NOT break open cigarette or smokeless tobacco packages to sell products in smaller amounts.
    • Do NOT sell cigarette packages containing fewer than 20 cigarettes.
    • Do NOT sell single cigarettes, also called "loosies".
    • Do NOT give away free samples of cigarettes.
    • Do NOT give away free samples of smokeless tobacco except from a "qualified adult-only facility."
    • Do NOT sell flavored cigarettes or flavored cigarette tobacco (other than menthol).
* This is only a summary of the laws. For the full list of federal laws, visit: www.fda.gov/BreakTheChain.
** Retailers must also follow state tobacco laws, even if they are more restrictive. For example, in some states the minimum age is 19.
*** The sale of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco through vending machines and self-service displays are allowed in adult-only facilities where no person younger than 18 is permitted to enter. Please note that tobacco product vending machines are banned in some states....

Retailer Training and Enforcement
OMFG! You can't sell loosies to children!

Thanks for proving that Obama had nothing to do with the loosie law in NYC.

Your reading comprehension is as poor as your cognitive abilities. The FDA forbids selling loose cigarettes to anyone.
If one is a retailer, perhaps. I read the actual law and the part about loosies was under what is forbidden to sell to children.

Mr. Garner was not a retailer, the law did not apply to him.

It's also against the law to sell loose cigarettes period. The police stopped Garner for that activity, something that used to Not Be A Crime, and something he had been doing for years.

No. You are wrong.

On June 22, 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a rule that restricts the sale, distribution, and marketing of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco products to protect children and adolescents. The rule is required by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act and is intended to protect kids by making tobacco products less accessible and attractive to them.

• Check photo ID of everyone appearing under age 27 who attempts to purchase cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, or smokeless tobacco.
    • Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco to anyone age 18 or older. **
    • Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco in a direct, face-to-face exchange. ***
    • Do NOT break open cigarette or smokeless tobacco packages to sell products in smaller amounts.
    • Do NOT give away free samples of smokeless tobacco except from a "qualified adult-only facility."
    • Do NOT sell flavored cigarettes or flavored cigarette tobacco (other than menthol).
* This is only a summary of the laws. For the full list of federal laws, visit: www.fda.gov/BreakTheChain.
** Retailers must also follow state tobacco laws, even if they are more restrictive. For example, in some states the minimum age is 19.
*** The sale of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco through vending machines and self-service displays are allowed in adult-only facilities where no person younger than 18 is permitted to enter. Please note that tobacco product vending machines are banned in some states....

Your reading comprehension is as poor as your cognitive abilities. The FDA forbids selling loose cigarettes to anyone.
If one is a retailer, perhaps. I read the actual law and the part about loosies was under what is forbidden to sell to children.

It's also against the law to sell loose cigarettes period. The police stopped Garner for that activity, something that used to Not Be A Crime, and something he had been doing for years.
Flail away. Your own link proved you wrong.

No. You are wrong.

Not it didn't. You just have proven you can't read properly.

I prefer to survive surrounded by pile of hand-grenade pins.

When you pull the pin from the hand grenade don't forget which one you're supposed to throw.

I'm sure you guys could tell me all about your exciting fantasy video game personas.
Im sure you can stick your head in a toilet bowl and flush.

That would be like mining the source of your best ideas.

Read the first paragraph. It's about selling cigs to minors. By retailers.

Feel free to find a federal law that states that no one is allowed to sell loosies to anyone.

I'll wait.

Feel free to find a federal law that states that no one is allowed to sell loosies to anyone.

I'll wait.
crickets...

That doesnt make sense, much less shows any wit or humor.
Why dont you just admit you're an ignorant trolling shithead and move on?

I'll wait.

You really have a problem, hun. It justifies all this Nanny Statism as being For The Children, but the prohibitions affect adults, not just children.

I'll wait.

You really have a problem, hun. It justifies all this Nanny Statism as being For The Children, but the prohibitions affect adults, not just children.
Still waiting for you to show the federal law that forbid Garner from selling loosies on the streets of New York.

No. You are wrong.

Actually state and local governments can augment or pass stricter laws, which NYC has.
Yep. Obama nor any laws passed at the federal level had nothing to do with Garner.

The cops should be fired.
Not if they are following local laws.

But I like your stupid idea, get rid of the cops, only put every cop on paid leave for 90 days.

When they come back we'll see how much they were missed.

It's true.
What was the "root cause" of police approaching Garner? He was illegally selling untaxed cigarettes.
Now, NY has raised taxes on cigarettes, a favored progressive cause, to unbelievable levels. And of course that invites activity to skirt the tax in any way. The simplest is to load up a van in NC, where the tax is low, drive the cigs to NY, where the tax is high, and sell them. They are like arbitragers.
Garner was simply responding to incentives put out by progressives and their insane tax policies and selling cigs to earn a living. But the result was an unforutnate encounter and his death. Better tax policies in NY would have left this man alive.

I believe you killed him.......makes as much sense.

No, he just doesn't give a shit. You can tell because it's obviously a joke to him.

I'll wait.

Still waiting for you to show the federal law that forbid Garner from selling loosies on the streets of New York.

Asked and answered, hun.

Actually state and local governments can augment or pass stricter laws, which NYC has.
Yep. Obama nor any laws passed at the federal level had nothing to do with Garner.

The cops should be fired.
Not if they are following local laws.

But I like your stupid idea, get rid of the cops, only put every cop on paid leave for 90 days.

When they come back we'll see how much they were missed.
What local law were they following that let them kill a man that may or may not have been engaged in a petty crime?

I didn't say get rid of cops, no idea why you stuck that in there.

I'll wait.

Asked and answered, hun.
Nope. If you ever find it, feel free to post it.

I'll wait.

Asked and answered, hun.

I already did, but condolences on your lack of reading comprehension.

You go first.

You go first.
Thanks for admitting the fact.
Now go eat shit.

You go first.
Thanks for admitting the fact.
Now go eat shit.

Who could possibly argue with such eloquent articulation.

I'll wait.

Asked and answered, hun.

I already did, but condolences on your lack of reading comprehension.
Again, Garner wasn't a retailer. The law did not apply to him.

And btw, this law you've posted would only result in civil penalties by the Fed. It's not a criminal offense to the Fed and can't be used as a criminal offense by a state or local government. They'd have to come up with their own law criminalizing it.

I've asked a few times what the NYC law is since I can't find it but no one seems to know.

Forum List

Back