Progressives Killed Eric Garner

Flail away. Your own link proved you wrong.

Not it didn't. You just have proven you can't read properly.
Read the first paragraph. It's about selling cigs to minors. By retailers.

Feel free to find a federal law that states that no one is allowed to sell loosies to anyone.

I'll wait.

You really have a problem, hun. It justifies all this Nanny Statism as being For The Children, but the prohibitions affect adults, not just children.
Still waiting for you to show the federal law that forbid Garner from selling loosies on the streets of New York.

Asked and answered, hun.
I didn't see it either.

Your reading comprehension is as poor as your cognitive abilities. The FDA forbids selling loose cigarettes to anyone.
If one is a retailer, perhaps. I read the actual law and the part about loosies was under what is forbidden to sell to children.

Mr. Garner was not a retailer, the law did not apply to him.

Actually state and local governments can augment or pass stricter laws, which NYC has.
Yep. Obama nor any laws passed at the federal level had nothing to do with Garner.

The cops should be fired.
Not if they are following local laws.

But I like your stupid idea, get rid of the cops, only put every cop on paid leave for 90 days.

When they come back we'll see how much they were missed.
What local law were they following that let them kill a man that may or may not have been engaged in a petty crime?

I didn't say get rid of cops, no idea why you stuck that in there.

Your arguing from a specious point of view not supported by evidence.

If one is a retailer, perhaps. I read the actual law and the part about loosies was under what is forbidden to sell to children.

Mr. Garner was not a retailer, the law did not apply to him.

Actually state and local governments can augment or pass stricter laws, which NYC has.
Yep. Obama nor any laws passed at the federal level had nothing to do with Garner.

But I like your stupid idea, get rid of the cops, only put every cop on paid leave for 90 days.

What local law were they following that let them kill a man that may or may not have been engaged in a petty crime?

What law did Garner break?

None.

City ordinance and federal statutes. I think a fine would have enough on the first offense but he had an extensive record. He was a repeat offender. When he resisted he committed a felony. He was also on parole.

Don't know that he didn't break any law. Permits are required to sell tobacco products and not being a retailer doesn't exempt anyone. Laws in this country and especially in New York are so numerous as to criminalize nearly everyone. This is the point. It's why I take issue with conservatives who claim to stand for freedom siding with the oppressor.

None.
I think you're right. It appears he was out on the street breaking up a fight and not selling loosies at the time. And even if he had been, he shouldn't have been treated that way over a misdemeanor.

Don't know that he didn't break any law. Permits are required to sell tobacco products and not being a retailer doesn't exempt anyone. Laws in this country and especially in New York are so numerous as to criminalize nearly everyone. This is the point. It's why I take issue with conservatives who claim to stand for freedom siding with the oppressor.

We aren't the ones ignoring laws.

Oppressive governments don't believe the law applies to them. They also feel the only rights we have is what they give us

Oppressive governments don't believe the law applies to them. They also feel the only rights we have is what they give us
I didn't accuse anyone of ignoring the laws, I'm saying that the laws are so numerous that just breathing makes us criminal. When someone selling "loosies" requires a large police response, that's a sign that government is out of control. Hell, I'm surprised a SWAT team didn't roll in with an APC!

I didn't accuse anyone of ignoring the laws, I'm saying that the laws are so numerous that just breathing makes us criminal. When someone selling "loosies" requires a large police response, that's a sign that government is out of control. Hell, I'm surprised a SWAT team didn't roll in with an APC!
They showed up for a fight... and were disappointed the big guy did their job for them... so they brought him to the ground to teach him a lesson... then ignored his complaints about not being able to breathe.

They showed up for a fight... and were disappointed the big guy did their job for them... so they brought him to the ground to teach him a lesson... then ignored his complaints about not being able to breathe.

That's an interesting take. The neocons on this thread, none of which are doctors, have repeatedly spewed their ignorance saying if Garner could say "I can't breath" then in fact he could breath. He wasn't able to completely fill his lungs during a struggle that accelerated his breathing and need for oxygen. He had enough breath to warn them, but not the amount of breath his body needed. This according to the ME, (who is actually a doctor) contributed to his death. These days, cops carry small oxygen breathers as part of their patrol car equipment cache. Did any of them consider he might need it? I think the lawsuit against this department will be successful because the medical evidence points to neglect on the part of the police to respond swiftly and effectively to a medical emergency they caused.

That's an interesting take. The neocons on this thread, none of which are doctors, have repeatedly spewed their ignorance saying if Garner could say "I can't breath" then in fact he could breath. He wasn't able to completely fill his lungs during a struggle that accelerated his breathing and need for oxygen. He had enough breath to warn them, but not the amount of breath his body needed. This according to the ME, (who is actually a doctor) contributed to his death. These days, cops carry small oxygen breathers as part of their patrol car equipment cache. Did any of them consider he might need it? I think the lawsuit against this department will be successful because the medical evidence points to neglect on the part of the police to respond swiftly and effectively to a medical emergency they caused.
Agree 100%.. Then the EMTs showed up and also did nothing there as well.. didn't even check his vitals... I'm watching this video in total shock at the lack of concern for a guy that is completely unresponsive. That cop that says he's breathing ... WTF kind of drugs was he on? Not only did they not help him they would not let anyone else help him... they just stood over the guy like hunters bragging over their kill.

Progressives killed Eric Garner......interesting premise. Following that logic we could probably attribute the root causes of this incident to the French Revolution.

Progressives killed Eric Garner......interesting premise. Following that logic we could probably attribute the root causes of this incident to the French Revolution.

I'm trying to remember if you were the moron that said that "left" and "right" were invented in the French Revolution.

You work on that professor and get back to me when you figure out what you're talking about.

I'm trying to remember if you were the moron that said that "left" and "right" were invented in the French Revolution.

You work on that professor and get back to me when you figure out what you're talking about.
Leftard, focus! Did you or did you not make that claim?

9kmq8y.png

Are you completely fucking stupid or what?

Are you completely fucking stupid or what?
Answer the damn question!

Forum List

Back