Progressives Protest Parades

i'll be honest, i don't get the need for the tanks on parade. seems like someone trying too hard to show pride in our military and using them as a display vs. their intended purpose. if you respect the military, stop making them do a dance like this.
I of course thought Vietnam a lie and a waste, and it was, and I thought Desert Storm was a bungled episode of missed diplomacy, but not the only one of HW's four years and I voted for him three times if you count the 1980 primary too, but I've always supported the troops and am the first in my family to not actually serve in a war … and for that I am very thankful. But the military is not for partisan purposes, and parades are to honor the dead as much as the living. And the Fourth is about patriotism and the ideal of America and self-determination.
of that we can agree.

Oh my. Hot dogs, fireworks, American flags, is there something wrong with that?

i'll be honest, i don't get the need for the tanks on parade. seems like someone trying too hard to show pride in our military and using them as a display vs. their intended purpose. if you respect the military, stop making them do a dance like this.
They won't be on Parade derp they'll be parked in front of the Lincoln Memorial so people can see them and appreciate that they are available to protect us from threats around the World.
derp? fuck off.

and - anyone NOT realize anywhere in the world we have tanks? let me know.

Ubama gutted the military.

Did he do that by spending 42% more than his predecessor?

Sometimes numbers are misleading. Your hero Obama left the military in such bad shape that few of our planes were operational, and some of our ships were not even operational. That sounds like gutting to me. Then the Democrats leveraged the crappy military readiness to force Trump to sign the budget fiasco you love to complain about.

I know many Republicans questioned the military aspect to the parade, but I heard it explained so that it makes sense. It isn't a show of power, sorry Joy Reid, it is just appreciation for the military. The 4th seems fitting to thank them for keeping us free. Plus, as others have said, tanks are really fricken cool.

Sometimes numbers are misleading. Your hero Obama left the military in such bad shape that few of our planes were operational, and some of our ships were not even operational. That sounds like gutting to me. Then the Democrats leveraged the crappy military readiness to force Trump to sign the budget fiasco you love to complain about.

Obama is not my hero, I personally think he was the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

There have always been planes that could not fly, this is not new. When I was with the FA-18 squadron we always had a "hanger queen" that was used to scavenge parts for other planes to keep the flying.

The story of the military's demise is greatly overblown. All anyone can give is parroted talking points, nobody can give any exact numbers.

Are Democrat voters as upset by the flag and national anthem as their media masters? It is weird how patriotic symbols are associated with Republicans, as shown by the Harvard study. Nobody told the Democrats not to put flags in their yard, they just don't do it.

The USA has a ton of nukes & air craft carriers.

No one is messing with the USA from a far.

The only threat is from within the division & diversity.

This parade is not about America. We've had annual 4th of July celebrations in DC every year. This is about the glorification of Trump. That's why it's being protested. You "conservatives" are too stupid to see the dictator you are supporting because you are so desperate to pretend you have power. But you don't. Not unless your last name is Trump. You're nothing to him, yet you worship him like he is God. And you are too stupid to see how dangerous that really is.

Can you imagine tho ticker tape parades we'd have had if the Muslim President could have done this?

“Job growth surges by 312,000 in December” Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

The Dec job numbers were adjusted down to 227 by the BLS

And at the halfway point of 2019 we are averaging 164,000 jobs added per month, the lowest average since 2010.

And even your 312,000 number was surpassed during the Obama year 7 times, were you cheering for him when that happened?

Obama started from a lower number. Stop this nonsense. It was easier for him and his administration because of Bush.

Doesn't matter. Cyber attacks are what we need to protect ourselves from and how quickly we forget 9/11.

Doesn't matter. Cyber attacks are what we need to protect ourselves from and how quickly we forget 9/11.

The 9/11 terrorists lived in the USA.

This parade is not about America. We've had annual 4th of July celebrations in DC every year. This is about the glorification of Trump. That's why it's being protested. You "conservatives" are too stupid to see the dictator you are supporting because you are so desperate to pretend you have power. But you don't. Not unless your last name is Trump. You're nothing to him, yet you worship him like he is God. And you are too stupid to see how dangerous that really is.

Can you imagine tho ticker tape parades we'd have had if the Muslim President could have done this?

“Job growth surges by 312,000 in December” Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

And at the halfway point of 2019 we are averaging 164,000 jobs added per month, the lowest average since 2010.

And even your 312,000 number was surpassed during the Obama year 7 times, were you cheering for him when that happened?

Obama started from a lower number. Stop this nonsense. It was easier for him and his administration because of Bush.

Look, I get it. Trump walks on water while he is turning it to wine in your world...I just do not agree

Obama was terrible, 2nd worst POTUS ever. His economic record is not good, but Trump's is only slightly better.

That is my point. That has always been my point.

Translation. Buih really fucked up so it was easier for Obama to fix Bush's mess & create Jobs & since Obama did such a great job, it is harder for Trump to create jobs.

I get it.

Man, do Liberals, Democrats, Leftists, hate July 4th!

Here's one of the true low-lives, of MSNBC:

"Joy Reid: Trump’s July Fourth Celebration Is a Threat to Americans

...Trump is trying to send by rolling tanks down Constitution Avenue?" Reid continued. "Who is that message to? It's certainly not to tyrants because he likes tyrants, he loves tyrants. It's not to Putin, it's not to Kim Jong-Un, not to the Saudis. Is it to our friends, to Western democracies who he doesn't particularly like, or is it to us? Is it to the resistance in this country? I got tanks. I have this military armada. The message is a threat, but it's always a threat when you roll out your military. But it's to whom is the threat, and I suspect that the threat is to his fellow Americans. And I hate to say that, but I think that Donald Trump styles himself a tyrant, not a defeater of tyrants."
Joy Reid: Trump's July Fourth Celebration Is a Threat to Americans

Know why they hate those events?

American tradition tends to support conservative rather than liberal perspective can be found in the following:
“According to the report, published by Harvard University, July 4th-themed festivities (defined by the study as fireworks, parades, political speeches, and barbecues) not only energize primarily Republicans, but also turn children into Republicans and increase GOP voter turnout.

Simply put: "Fourth of July celebrations in the United States shape the nation's political landscape by forming beliefs and increasing participation, primarily in favor of the Republican Party," says the report, which was written by Harvard Kennedy School Assistant Professor David Yanagizawa-Drott and Bocconi University Assistant Professor Andreas Madestam…. there is a political congruence between the patriotism promoted on Fourth of July and the values associated with the Republican party.” Do July 4th festivities make you Republican?

Confetti time!
Gee. What brought out backlash to the Independence Day festivities this year? If, as you contend, the Liberals, Democrats, Leftists, hate July 4th is true, why no backlash in previous years? There was a Ford administration plan that included crappy musical acts, but that was not political.

No. Something's different this year. You can't blame everything of the Left. Society behaves as if it is commanded by Newtonian physics. Every action is creates an equal and opposite reaction.

The 9/11 terrorists lived in the USA.

They did? Are you sure? They were citizens?

Look, I get it. Trump walks on water while he is turning it to wine in your world...I just do not agree

Obama was terrible, 2nd worst POTUS ever. His economic record is not good, but Trump's is only slightly better.

That is my point. That has always been my point.

Trump has been better in terms of corporate and consumer confidence. Both irresponsible when it comes to balancing the budget.

united-states-consumer-confidence.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back