Proof for the Biblical Exodus

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
There have been so many archeological finds, that if one doesn't want to believe the religious aspects of the Bible, they can view it as a history book of what happened in those very ancient times.

Proof for the Biblical Exodus

Posted by: Simcha Jacobovici April 10, 2014 , 10:23 am

As Passover draws near, there’s a dramatic scholarly breakthrough linking archeology to the Biblical Exodus.

There’s now a new translation of an ancient Egyptian monument known as a “Stela” that has just been published in the Journal of Near Eastern Studies by Professors Robert Ritner and Nadine Moeller, of the Oriental Institue of the University of Chicago. The translation basically links Pharaoh Ahmose (18th Dynasty/New Kingdom) with the eruption of the Thera/Santorini volcano. In the past, scholars argued that Ahmose and Thera were divided by more than a century. The new translation proves that they were contemporaneous i.e., Ahmose witnessed the effects of one of the deadliest volcanic eruptions in human history. This goes a long way towards linking Thera, Ahmose and the Biblical Exodus.

In my 2006 feature documentary, “The Exodus Decoded”, I argued that the key to finding archeological evidence for the Biblical Exodus was the so-called “Tempest Stela” of Pharaoh Ahmose. The “Tempest Stela”, also known as the “Storm Stela”, was found in pieces between 1947 and 1951 at the 3rd pylon/tower at the temple of Karnak in ancient Thebes, Upper Egypt. It consists of a single text in horizontal lines, copied on both sides of a calcite block that is estimated to have stood 1.80 meters tall. When I last checked, the fragments of the Ahmose Stela were in a box lost in the bowels of the Cairo Museum. But the hieroglyphics have been available for a while, and they were just re-translated by Ritner and Moeller. What do they describe?

Read more at Proof for the Biblical Exodus | Breaking Israel News

Forum List

Back