Proof Obama Lied in Debate

Let me show you how this works NYCarbineer

He uses the term "act of terror" in the Rose Garden.

Now...lets switch up the scenario....

Rice is on the talk shows saying it was a terrorist attack.
Carney continually points to "a terrorist" attack.
Obama goes in front of the UN and talks about how these terorist attacks need to come to an end.

ANd then the truth comes out that it was not a terrorist attack, but instead a protest against a video that turned violent.

And his political opponenets rant and rave about how he labelled it wrong.

What would he have been able to say?

"I never said it was a terroist attack...I called it an act of terror...and when you have a mob go violent and start killing Americans, it is an act of terror."

Do you not see how politicians cover their tracks?

He told Crowley that he called it terrorism in the Rose Garden, he didnt.....he randomly though out an act of terror or some such shit, but never called BenGhazi a terrorist act.

Remember they were still making you guys believe it was a spontaneous demonstration about a video....and some one here STILL believe that story and i'll mock them about it, as long as I post on here, anyone who bought that is a fucking tard

What is the difference between an act of terror and a terrorist attack, in the context of this discussion.

Name some acts of terror that were not terrorist attacks.

Explain how the killings in Benghazi were a terrorist attack, but not an act of terror.

Because an act of terror can be done by anyone. Terrorism means there is planning, a message, usually a large group of people involved...do I really have to spell it out for you? . We all know why he wont label it as such, because they love us now, we have a liberal democrat....and Bush made up the terrorism stuff, just ask Michael Moore

So, in January 2009, when GW Bush said that Hamas

"...
soon unleashed a barrage of rockets and mortars that deliberately targeted innocent Israelis -- an act of terror that is opposed by the legitimate leader of the Palestinian people, President (Mahmoud) Abbas."

You would have us believe that Bush used the term 'act of terror' because he was trying to avoid calling those attackers 'terrorists'?

Really? You really believe that? Are you insane?

Read more: Pres. Bush: Hamas Attacks on Israel Are 'Acts of Terror' | Fox News

No he didn't.

Apparently you didn't see the speech and are just counting on the far right pundits to tell you what he said.

I saw and heard the speech for myself.

I KNOW what he said.

You and an entire army of punditry can stomp your feet, hold your breath, and turn apoplectically purple for all I care. Doesn't change a thing.

This president has legitimate weaknesses - why focus on trying to invent one where it doesn't exist? You only hurt your own credibility. Haven't you ever heard the story about the little boy who cried wolf?

Can you explain these people's behaviour. They seem to me to be programmed, especially since they're not just some clowns on USMB making these ridiculous claims,

it's all across conservatism.

I liken it to the mass hysteria, albeit on a much smaller scale, that happened at the Salem witch trials.

I think that's a fair comparison. it is an odd, group-think kind of phenomena - the desire to believe a lie becomes so overwhelming that it blots out the truth. You have to think that at least some of these folks still have a firm enough grip on reality to know that what they are saying is false. They are just dishonest enough not to care.

The really sad cases (imho) are the ones who really believe it. They either have a great capacity for self-deception, or they have just surrendered decision making to the like-minded manipulators. Why? To gain the comfort of belonging to a group?

The quickest way to unite people is to rally around a common enemy. In the past - back when our country was governed by statesmen - they understood that the long-term damage caused by turning American against American was too high a price to pay for the short-term political gains. But I believe that the far right of the GOP are so desperate because they see their views falling so far out of favor.

Last edited:
What is the difference between an act of terror and a terrorist attack, in the context of this discussion.

Explain how the killings in Benghazi were a terrorist attack, but not an act of terror.

Because an act of terror can be done by anyone. Terrorism means there is planning, a message, usually a large group of people involved...do I really have to spell it out for you? . We all know why he wont label it as such, because they love us now, we have a liberal democrat....and Bush made up the terrorism stuff, just ask Michael Moore

"...
soon unleashed a barrage of rockets and mortars that deliberately targeted innocent Israelis -- an act of terror that is opposed by the legitimate leader of the Palestinian people, President (Mahmoud) Abbas."

You would have us believe that Bush used the term 'act of terror' because he was trying to avoid calling those attackers 'terrorists'?

NY, you're an idiot, did Bush blame it on a video?

and you forgot this part

"This recent outburst of violence was instigated by Hamas -- a Palestinian terrorist group supported by Iran and Syria that calls for Israel's destruction," Bush said.

Do you read your own articles and pickup the context?

I just love owning you...over and over...

Last edited:

"...

you can not be that niave...

Can you?

Couple it with Rice referring to it as a protest gone bad, Carney saying the same; Obama, himself inserting the video into the conversation whenever asked about it...

And you still see saying it was an act of terror being the same as calling it a terrorist attack....

I mean.....wow......I guess you truly ARE that naive.

Who here can tell us exactly who carried out the Benghazi attacks?

Terrorists?

True. Now can we spend our resources drilling into that a little further to find out WHICH terrorists?

Or are too many people just too concerned with trying to make political opponents look bad?

Ansar-al-Sharia, Al Qaeda linked terrorist cell. Do some freaking research.

No, Obama was too busy trying to preserve what little standing he had by covering this up. We are all concerned that we are witnessing unprecedented amounts of government corruption taking place.

I could care less about politics.

Terrorists?

True. Now can we spend our resources drilling into that a little further to find out WHICH terrorists?

Or are too many people just too concerned with trying to make political opponents look bad?

No, Obama was too busy trying to preserve what little standing he had by covering this up. We are all concerned that we are witnessing unprecedented amounts of government corruption taking place.

Again - drill further.

The last line is pretty funny.

Terrorists?

you are aware, I am sure, that FEST was not used.
Why?
That is their role....a quick response to a terrorist attack on foreign soil.

There is only one logical reasion they were not used. Becuase whoever was in charge did not want to label it as a terrorist attack.

What if hostages were taken?

Then we would deploy FEST? Wouild have taken them 12 hours...why not hope for the best and send out FEST right away.

Read up on FEST.

You, too, will ask...."huh? We have a unit like that for this very thing yet we didnt even TRY to get them started and moving toward the incident?"

Here.....enjoy the read...

Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST)

Tell us the difference between an act of terror and a terrorist attack.

LOL......sorry s0n......the BS strategy of semantics distraction is ummmm..........fAiLing this time!!!

And I must admit.......Im fucking giddy!!!!:D:D:D:up:

FACTCHECKER in the Washington Post FTMFW!!!!

Obama?s claim he called Benghazi an ?act of terrorism? - The Washington Post

The Washington Post 'factchecker' is a guy named Glen Kessler. What special authority or qualifications make him an unimpeachable source of the truth? His column is essentially a blog.

Here's his answer:

" The Fact Checker spent nine years as diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, and such nuances of phrasing are often very important. A president does not simply utter virtually the same phrase three times in two days about a major international incident without careful thought about the implications of each word."
The Obama-Romney clash over Libya - The Washington Post

Of course, that hardly compares to your credentials as "Obama Boot-Licker."

Obama goes in front of the UN and talks about how these terorist attacks need to come to an end.

ANd then the truth comes out that it was not a terrorist attack, but instead a protest against a video that turned violent.

"I never said it was a terroist attack...I called it an act of terror...and when you have a mob go violent and start killing Americans, it is an act of terror."

So you're effectively admitting that Obama would be attacked by the Right no matter which way this Benghazi incident had gone.

When "Act of Terrorism" actually means something other than "act of terrorism" .....
Facinating reading.

But I usually preffer non-fiction.

LOL......sorry s0n......the BS strategy of semantics distraction is ummmm..........fAiLing this time!!!

And I must admit.......Im fucking giddy!!!!:D:D:D:up:

FACTCHECKER in the Washington Post FTMFW!!!!

Obama?s claim he called Benghazi an ?act of terrorism? - The Washington Post

The Washington Post 'factchecker' is a guy named Glen Kessler. What special authority or qualifications make him an unimpeachable source of the truth? His column is essentially a blog.

Here's his answer:

" The Fact Checker spent nine years as diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, and such nuances of phrasing are often very important. A president does not simply utter virtually the same phrase three times in two days about a major international incident without careful thought about the implications of each word."

Of course, that hardly compares to your credentials as "Obama Boot-Licker."

Try to answer this question with no more than a 'yes' or a 'no'.

Are you aware that 2 years ago I said unequivocally that President Obama was WRONG to get us involved in Libya in the first place.

Terrorists?

Well we should have done that, but instead of calling them terrorists, we said it was a spontaneous demostration caused by a video and then arrested the guy who made the video.......understand now comrade?

I understand that as an immigrant who doesn't speak English very well it is sometimes hard for you to understand English.

Why did you omit the context that proves the President was talking about Benghazi (which btw was WHY he was in the rose garden)

when he referred to acts of terror?

See...you keep shooting yourself in the foot!
(Aim a little higher.)

Here is an immigrant to this great nation, for whom English is a second language...

...and I still runs rings around you!

Even the Liberal press has admitted that I am correct, e.g., FactCheck, and WaPo....

]

You seem to have forgotten the claim in the title of your thread,

that Obama lied in the debate.

Where did you actually quote the alleged lie?

A conscious and continued effort to mislead.

" Our timeline noted that only after Matt Olsen went to Capitol Hill on Sept. 19 and called it a terrorist act did White House spokesman Jay Carney on Sept. 20 tell reporters that it was “self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”
In the same briefing, Carney acknowledged that the White House had never before said it was a terrorist act..."

"You seem to have forgotten the claim in the title of your thread,

Where did you actually quote the alleged lie..."

So....I guess you don't have to answer the question I asked earlier....Obama's a liar,and so are you.

So you're effectively admitting that Obama would be attacked by the Right no matter which way this Benghazi incident had gone.

Absolutely.

As would have Bush by the left.

Thats a given.

It is up to us, the electorate to weed thriough the bullcrap and find the freaking truth.

Sadly, there are folks like you that ignore it if it is one of "your" guys.

I was on the fence with Iraq....but I believed in the intel...... When Hillary claimed the intel was cherry picked, I was pissed. Wrote to her (she was my senator) and Schumer and my district congressman insisting on answers as to how our president was allowed to cherry pick intel and get thousandss of Americans killed.

Of course, nothing ever came of the claims....BUT I WANTED ANSWERS IF IT WERE TRUE.

You? Proof means nothing when it is a democrat.

Terrorists?

Can you prove who carried out the attack and why they carried out the attack when they did?

Can you detail that for us with reliable sources?

Terrorists?

Well we should have done that, but instead of calling them terrorists, we said it was a spontaneous demostration caused by a video and then arrested the guy who made the video.......understand now comrade?

Ah ... yet another "acts of terrorism" doesn't mean "act of terrorism" argument ...
Good luck with that one. When it falls flat on its face, you can always fall back on calling someone names.

See...you keep shooting yourself in the foot!
(Aim a little higher.)

Here is an immigrant to this great nation, for whom English is a second language...

...and I still runs rings around you!

Even the Liberal press has admitted that I am correct, e.g., FactCheck, and WaPo....

]

You seem to have forgotten the claim in the title of your thread,

Where did you actually quote the alleged lie?

A conscious and continued effort to mislead.

" Our timeline noted that only after Matt Olsen went to Capitol Hill on Sept. 19 and called it a terrorist act did White House spokesman Jay Carney on Sept. 20 tell reporters that it was “self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”
In the same briefing, Carney acknowledged that the White House had never before said it was a terrorist act..."

"You seem to have forgotten the claim in the title of your thread,

Where did you actually quote the alleged lie..."

So....I guess you don't have to answer the question I asked earlier....Obama's a liar,and so are you.

1. You claimed Obama lied IN THE DEBATE.

2. Post the lie. Find the transcript of the debate, use your mouse to copy the lie, then post it here, in quotes, with a link to the transcript.

3. Please.

Forum List

Back