Proof positive obama doesn't want your guns

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
OK, all you gun-huggers can relax. Proof positive that the federal "gub-mint" and Obama are not after your guns. If they were this would never be allowed to happen: A do it yourself, make it at home gun.

So go out and get the 3-D printer and make yourself happy as a pig in shit, or in this case happy as a redneck in beer nuts factory:

Shots fired from world's first 3D-printed gun

Shots fired from world's first 3D-printed gun | Fox News
_67434964_gunfired.jpg

The world's first 3D-printed handgun has been successfully fired in Texas, according to its creator Defense Distributed.

All 16 parts of the controversial gun, called the Liberator, are made from a tough, heat-resistant plastic used in products such as musical instruments, kitchen appliances and vehicle bumper bars.

Fifteen of those are made with a 3D printer while one is a non-functional metal part which can be picked up by metal detectors, making it legal under U.S. law. The firing pin is also not made of plastic, though it is easily crafted from a metal nail.

The weapon is designed to fire standard handgun rounds and even features an interchangeable barrel so that it can handle different caliber rounds. The blueprint files are expected to be available online today for download.

Defense Distributed, a not-for-profit group based in Texas, was founded by 25-year-old University of Texas law study Cody Wilson, who took eight months to create the gun.

Wilson, who test fired the gun himself, said the goal with the Liberator is to highlight how technology can render laws and governments all but irrelevant.

"I recognize that this tool might be used to harm people," Wilson told Forbes. "That’s what it is -- it’s a gun. But I don’t think that’s a reason to not put it out there. I think that liberty in the end is a better interest."

His efforts to publish the printable blueprints online have sparked outrage in the U.S.

"Once the file is online, anyone will be able to download and print the gun in the privacy of their garage, legally or not, with no serial number, background check, or other regulatory hurdles," A Forbes article wrote.

New York congressman Steve Israel has already called for national legislation to ban 3D-printed guns.

In a statement last week he said: "Security checkpoints, background checks, and gun regulations will do little good if criminals can print plastic firearms at home and bring those firearms through metal detectors with no one the wiser.

"When I started talking about the issue of plastic firearms months ago, I was told the idea of a plastic gun is science-fiction.

"Now that this technology is proven, we need to act now to extend the ban on plastic firearms."

Read more: Shots fired from world's first 3D-printed gun | Fox News

Just Wait til 3D printers become affordable to the average person.
Then see if you can say the same thing.

Some liberoidal asshole will try to ban it.

Would have happened already.

The black helicopters would have picked this kid up in the dead of night and he would be just another face on a milk carton. But he's been allowed to create the software program and manufacture the gun from an $800 3D printer and market it.

Rednecks everywhere should be raising a Budweiser to Obama and thanking him.

This 'proves' nothing of the sort.. it only proves your hyper-partisanship.. and your ignorance..

I am hyper-partisan about the NRA's manipulation of American gun owners for the benefit of the gun manufacturers, you are absolutely correct.

But ignorant? What more proof do you want? If you're a delusional 2nd Amendment junkie it doesn't get any better than living in a country where you can make a lethal weapon at home with less than $2000 in materials and equipment and no serial number is required.

Try doing this in Japan. The kid who developed this would be just so much koi food in the moats around the Imperial Palace.

They run about $800. They already are very affordable, just a little more expensive than an iPhone.

Cool, I did not know that. How about the software to create the gun?
Is that affordable too? I did see that Staples is going to start selling them soon.

Staples Becomes First Major US Retailer to Sell 3D Printers | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

This 'proves' nothing of the sort.. it only proves your hyper-partisanship.. and your ignorance..

I am hyper-partisan about the NRA's manipulation of American gun owners for the benefit of the gun manufacturers, you are absolutely correct.

But ignorant? What more proof do you want? If you're a delusional 2nd Amendment junkie it doesn't get any better than living in a country where you can make a lethal weapon at home with less than $2000 in materials and equipment and no serial number is required.

Try doing this in Japan. The kid who developed this would be just so much koi food in the moats around the Imperial Palace.

As shown in Boston.. you can make a lethal weapon at home, much cheaper than that, already

And as a second amendment supporter that does not belong to, and does not support the NRA... it seems like you are the one delusional in thinking this proves your initial claim that this news article proves Obama does not want to limit or take away hand-picked weapons..

They run about $800. They already are very affordable, just a little more expensive than an iPhone.

Hm.. I would be very hesitant to call these 3-D printers an affordable option for the average American at this point.

I believe $800 is on the the super low end (at this point), and the more expensive printers (like the one - I'm assuming - to craft this gun) are still rather costly and rare. I don't think that type of super-heat resistant raw material is going to be cheap either. When these handguns can be cranked out at $50 a pop, then some flags are going to fly.

Much more inexpensive to go and buy a gun second-hand at this point...

Last edited:
OK, all you gun-huggers can relax. Proof positive that the federal "gub-mint" and Obama are not after your guns. If they were this would never be allowed to happen: A do it yourself, make it at home gun.

So go out and get the 3-D printer and make yourself happy as a pig in shit, or in this case happy as a redneck in beer nuts factory

Not so fast...... you forgot that Congress is a few weeks behind the learning curve.
I guess they just found out about this.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/09/3d-printed-guns-plans-state-department

State Department orders firm to remove 3D-printed guns web blueprints

Defense Distributed tweeted on Thursday that 'Liberator' project had 'gone dark' at the request of government officials.
Of course NY's favorite Senator Chuck Schumer plans to introduce legislation that would ban plastic guns made from 3-D printers
Blueprints for 3D-plastic gun downloaded 100,000 times in 2 days before the State Department orders the site to take down the weapon designs | Mail Online

Just something else to think about.....Why is it the this is being covered by the media in the UK but totally ignored here in the states?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back