Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

I only brought it into this thread to show your hypocrisy.

In fact it's worse than hypocrisy because if a woman chooses to allow herself to be "abused" by a man, she's consented, why do you care what they do if it's consensual? On the other hand, I doubt that anyone who walks around naked in front of their children has asked them if it's okay with them. I can't think of a single child who wants to see their parents naked.

And of course children can't consent anyway.

It is not, you nut job. Walking around nude is not abusive. BDSM is using sex as a guise for abusing people because you like hurting people.

Even if true, if they find someone who consents to being "abused" its frankly none of your business. Land of the free and all that.
That's why abusers have been able to use "she wanted it" as a get out of jail free card for decades.
It doesn't work that way.

Face it. These kinds of people are abusers who have just found someone confused enough to go along with it. Like I asked the other poster, if they could not find a person to go along with it, would they forget about it and remove it from their sexual repertoire?
Pimps supply women to be beaten all the time.

What people get off on in the sexual sphere is many and varied. Clowns are even a thing. :) And dressing up as furry animals is also a thing.

Instead of going out of way to denounce and persecute these behaviours how about instead we try to appreciate there's only so many ways to have sex, and changing things up doing other than intercourse is just one of many ways of keeping sex fun.

Is hitting your sex partner because they want you to objectionable? To some yes, to others no. But should we denounce something just because some people have a problem with it? No. If something's so bad it deserves to be denounced we'll make a law restricting it. Otherwise, live and let live.

It is objectionable. It is. I have the right to post my opinions on the subject matter. To me that is abuse and the person who is accepting of such abuse, not normal and not healthy.

You absolutely have that right. Not disputing that. Just illustrating how you're wrong when you mischaracterize the behaviour as abusive. And thus that's why it's objectionable.

No one wants to be abused. But some do want to feel pain, or out of control, whatever else they're doing. One person's abuse, is another's pleasure as they say. Just like anal intercourse. To some it's only pain, to others it's pleasure. But because for some it's painful doesn't mean it's abuse.

Well, if you ENJOY beating people, does that not make you abusive? What if said person could NOT find a partner to go along? Would they just remove it from their repertoire? I think not.

Well, if they can't find someone who consent , then they best not force someone to participate.

Even if true, if they find someone who consents to being "abused" its frankly none of your business. Land of the free and all that.
That's why abusers have been able to use "she wanted it" as a get out of jail free card for decades.

Face it. These kinds of people are abusers who have just found someone confused enough to go along with it. Like I asked the other poster, if they could not find a person to go along with it, would they forget about it and remove it from their sexual repertoire?

So there is no woman out there who is into submissive stuff? Zero?

I'm sorry, but the "poor little girl" thing to me is just as demeaning as asking a woman to make a sandwich.

I never said those words. Never. I said they are fucked up individuals on both sides of the spectrum. It is abuse. The people are getting off on abuse of another person or on being abused. That is the fact. That is not sex. That is not love.

found someone confused enough to go along with it.

That implies that no one can choose to do this voluntarily. The fact that most actual abuse victims are women leads to my conclusion that your view is a form of the current "poor little girl" version of feminism and not the earlier empowered woman view of feminism.

What people get off on in the sexual sphere is many and varied. Clowns are even a thing. :) And dressing up as furry animals is also a thing.

Instead of going out of way to denounce and persecute these behaviours how about instead we try to appreciate there's only so many ways to have sex, and changing things up doing other than intercourse is just one of many ways of keeping sex fun.

Is hitting your sex partner because they want you to objectionable? To some yes, to others no. But should we denounce something just because some people have a problem with it? No. If something's so bad it deserves to be denounced we'll make a law restricting it. Otherwise, live and let live.

It is objectionable. It is. I have the right to post my opinions on the subject matter. To me that is abuse and the person who is accepting of such abuse, not normal and not healthy.

You absolutely have that right. Not disputing that. Just illustrating how you're wrong when you mischaracterize the behaviour as abusive. And thus that's why it's objectionable.

No one wants to be abused. But some do want to feel pain, or out of control, whatever else they're doing. One person's abuse, is another's pleasure as they say. Just like anal intercourse. To some it's only pain, to others it's pleasure. But because for some it's painful doesn't mean it's abuse.

Well, if you ENJOY beating people, does that not make you abusive? What if said person could NOT find a partner to go along? Would they just remove it from their repertoire? I think not.

Well, if they can't find someone who consent , then they best not force someone to participate.

Well, what if that's how they get off? Abusing people, because THAT is what this is all about. People who get off by either doling out or receiving abuse. No matter how you try to slice it, it is incredibly unhealthy and NOT sex. It's as much sex as the guy on Jerry Springer who wants a woman to change his soiled diapers.

All of this acceptance of abuse as just another way to enjoy sex will be over. As soon as a daughter comes home bloody and bruised saying that she was proving to her boyfriend she had a normal healthy interest in alternative sex the acceptance part will be done.

Listen closely, you can hear the ghost of the Marquis De Sade laughing.

Do you have or ever had a daughter or a son? No? Then you wouldn't understand.

Uh ya, not having children naturally limits my capacity for compassion and empathy for others. That's by far the dumbest thing you've said so far.

I'm sorry, but the "poor little girl" thing to me is just as demeaning as asking a woman to make a sandwich.

I never said those words. Never. I said they are fucked up individuals on both sides of the spectrum. It is abuse. The people are getting off on abuse of another person or on being abused. That is the fact. That is not sex. That is not love.

That implies that no one can choose to do this voluntarily. The fact that most actual abuse victims are women leads to my conclusion that your view is a form of the current "poor little girl" version of feminism and not the earlier empowered woman view of feminism.

Don't truncate my post. If you can't handle replying to the meat of my posts, then don't bother. You aren't worth the time or effort. Come up with a coherent argument that abusing people is NOT abuse. :D Lol.

All of this acceptance of abuse as just another way to enjoy sex will be over. As soon as a daughter comes home bloody and bruised saying that she was proving to her boyfriend she had a normal healthy interest in alternative sex the acceptance part will be done.

Uh ya, not having children naturally limits my capacity for compassion and empathy for others. That's by far the dumbest thing you've said so far.

No, if you don't have children, you don't understand that unconditional love and wanting what is BEST for your child. Being in a relationship where she allows her boyfriend to abuse her is not the ideal you would have for your daughter, is it?

Well, what if that's how they get off? Abusing people, because THAT is what this is all about. People who get off by either doling out or receiving abuse. No matter how you try to slice it, it is incredibly unhealthy and NOT sex. It's as much sex as the guy on Jerry Springer who wants a woman to change his soiled diapers.

Irrelevant.

Some people enjoy shitting on other people. God alone, knows why - but if they find some person who is willing to be shit on, more power to them. But if they can't find someone willing, then they better keep their shit to themselves, or face the legal consequences.

No, if you don't have children, you don't understand that unconditional love and wanting what is BEST for your child. Being in a relationship where she allows her boyfriend to abuse her is not the ideal you would have for your daughter, is it?

Your daughter knowing ANYTHING that goes on in your bedroom isn't healthy.

Like I said. Anyone in the community who is found out to have forced someone without consent is immediately turned in to the authorities.

It is not condoned, nor tolerated.

It is not, you nut job. Walking around nude is not abusive. BDSM is using sex as a guise for abusing people because you like hurting people.

Pimps supply women to be beaten all the time.
Not in BDSM communities.

Like I said. Anyone in the community who is found out to have forced someone without consent is immediately turned in to the authorities.

There's really no need to do so either, there are manner of freaks out there who enjoy being put in cages, or whatever LOL

Kinda following this thread in between others what comes to mind is if we can characterize a woman killing her own baby with an abortion and fight tooth and nail about that being a "valid choice" why is something not killing something we can't handle? Isn't that kind of...I dunno, messed up?

There's really no need to do so either, there are manner of freaks out there who enjoy being put in cages, or whatever LOL
Yes. There are as many distinct tastes in pleasure/pain seeking as there are people.

I, for the life of Me, cannot imagine why anyone who proclaims to be conservative, would want and demand that government enter their bedroom and monitor their sex lives. I have no need or desire to have to ask Uncle Sam permission to enjoy My private time with My women. It goes against the very fabric of liberty and freedom.

Don't truncate my post. If you can't handle replying to the meat of my posts, then don't bother. You aren't worth the time or effort. Come up with a coherent argument that abusing people is NOT abuse. :D Lol.

The meat was included in the overall quotation. I just wanted to isolate the one statement I was replying to.

Abuse requires one side not wanting to be abused, and a "reason" for said abuse, even if said "reason" is "I hate my life" or "my steak is ovecooked" If a person, for whatever reason, WANTS to be smacked for no apparent cause, it is not abuse.

Now being actually abused to the point of compensating by enjoying it is another story, because the root is actual abuse, and only if it was the original abuser doing the subsequent abuse.

Yes. There are as many distinct tastes in pleasure/pain seeking as there are people.

I, for the life of Me, cannot imagine why anyone who proclaims to be conservative, would want and demand that government enter their bedroom and monitor their sex lives. I have no need or desire to have to ask Uncle Sam permission to enjoy My private time with My women. It goes against the very fabric of liberty and freedom.

I fully concur, it is beyond comprehension that so called conservatives can't figure out that a government that can outlaw the gay can outlaw any form of sexual congress that they wish to.

If it's between consenting adults, that means the government has ZERO business being involved, no matter how icky you or I or anyone else may find it.

Are those healthy well-adjusted individuals in your opinion? And people who get off on hurting others? Is that healthy and well adjusted? I would say a big fat NO. I'm not saying to outlaw it. I'm just saying it is abnormal to want to be hurt or to want to hurt other people and to get off on that, because it is.

The meat was included in the overall quotation. I just wanted to isolate the one statement I was replying to.

Abuse requires one side not wanting to be abused, and a "reason" for said abuse, even if said "reason" is "I hate my life" or "my steak is ovecooked" If a person, for whatever reason, WANTS to be smacked for no apparent cause, it is not abuse.

Now being actually abused to the point of compensating by enjoying it is another story, because the root is actual abuse, and only if it was the original abuser doing the subsequent abuse.

Oh no it is not. There are all forms of coercive abuse that take place all the time. Just because another person is fucked in the head and agrees to be abused, does not make them normal and healthy. They are NOT.

I wouldn't think it's a partisan thing. I think instead it's a tunnel-vision thing. People don't consider the bigger picture and only see the acts like Chris only sees some guy hitting some gal. She doesn't see the fact that the gal can tell the guy to stop at any moment as with "safe words" these people utilize. Nor she seem to see the reality of "abuse" not having a safe-word to make it stop.

Forum List

Back