Proud to be an American? Not so much anymore.

You are not German. You are a troll and you've been busted.
If you think so, Trumperican. What about not to try to tell Germans what's German and what's not German? If you tell me in English what you tried to say in not-German than it would had been more easier for me not to know what you not say on whatever not existing reasons.

Last edited:
In German "Lautmalerei" = to paint a picture with sound.

The two sentences from the user GLASNOST "Mach Fahrten .... kein warten." and "Der rott ist verbot" sound only as if this had been German sentences but it is not German. It is only sound.
You’re misusing the English word.

You’re misusing the English word.

English is for me only a German dialect - and the word "onomatopoeia" is a Greek word, if I see it the right way. Yes ... it is. In Greek it means "to create a name". What means it in English? I guess she same what it means in German because English is a Germanic language, "teacher".

English is for me only a German dialect - and the word "onomatopoeia" is a Greek word, if I see it the right way. Yes ... it is. In Greek it means "to create a name". What means it in English? I guess she same what it means in German because English is a Germanic language, "teacher".
iu
onomatopoeia words in English

Zang what you don't get is that the translator doesn't correctly translate idiom. In the US people use words like "Dieter" knowing it refers to a TV satire skit character about a German "Avant-garde" character. Years ago "Hans and Franz" were poking fun at Arnold Swartzenegger. Some posters are not serious.

iu
onomatopoeia words in English

Zang what you don't get is that the translator doesn't correctly translate idiom. In the US people use words like "Dieter" knowing it refers to a TV satire skit character about a German "Avant-garde" character. Years ago "Hans and Franz" were poking fun at Arnold Swartzenegger. Some posters are not serious.

And what has this to do with Germany? Nothing or nothing?

Last edited:
You don't.
I did. It is a Greek word. I'm used always to learn and so I prove information.

By the way: You use the word "onomatopoeia" really as we use our German word "Lautmalerei". Your blue word grafics shows this very nice.

Last edited:
Here in the US if you call someone "Karen" it means:

But Karen is for me just simple a nice name. That's all.

Calling you "Dieter" really doesn't mean anything but a mild insult referring to the TV personality. Idioms require cultural knowledge.

I asked him - he was not able to explain this. And it makes not any sense what he did do because I am not an US-American and so I am not able to know something about this artificial TV-personality in the USA.

But Karen is for me just simple a nice name. That's all.
I asked him - he was not able to explain this.
1. Exactly. Karen is just a name unless you are trying to insult some white lady.
2. I know that we are talking thru imperfect translators, and that you are a serious poster.
3. Some posters here are very immature.

I'm old, and a great-grandfather. I am very proud to be an American. If you want to discuss why some young people are not? I assume you are proud to be German?

1. Exactly. Karen is just a name unless you are trying to insult some white lady.
2. I know that we are talking thru imperfect translators, and that you are a serious poster.
3. Some posters here are very immature.

I'm old, and a great-grandfather. I am very proud to be an American. If you want to discuss why some young people are not? I assume you are proud to be German?

Proud is the wrong word. I love my country - specially my Bavaria. If my country suffers then I am not happy. But if I am not happy my country suffers.

If you think so, Trumperican. What about not to try to tell Germans what's German and what's not German? If you tell me in English what you tried to say in not-German than it would had been more easier for me not to know what you not say on whatever not existing reasons.
Is that supposed to be an insult?

Forum List

Back