Public breast feeding

Should we allow breast feeding in public?

• Heck yeah, I love all breasts

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Heck no, I hate all breasts

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Its amazing how repressed and neurotic some Americans are but the answer is really quite simple:

If one does not want to see, as is stated here, one does not have to look.

Interesting that this seems to be one more woman-related question that the right wants to control while the left feels feeding our young is a natural thing to do.

When some fat pregnant woman has her gut on display stretch marks and all it's kind of impossible not to see it.

And are you just another two dimensional right or left (whatever that means) thinker.

The fact that I do not want to see a woman acting like a sow in public has nothing to do with any political ideology.

A sow? You equate a woman breast feeding her child with a cow feeding a calf? Aren't you special. Bet you are something wonderful to look at. (Doubtful.) In any case, if you don't like it, look the other way.

Why not compare them, they are absolutely equal. In fact, they are the same!

Breastfeeding in public is going to be watched. Women need to accept it or don't do it.

Why do you think they do it? They want to be watched.

I agree. Somehow western civilization survived for a couple hundred years without public breast-feeding. Women timed their baby's needs for a private feeding. These women are either too lazy to do that or are exibitionists. It doesn't bother me because I enjoy seeing tits, but the nipple is the best part of a tit and when it's in the kid's mouth, you can't see it. :(

Personally I don't want to see some pregnant chick with her gut showing nor do I want to see a woman suckling her little rug rat like a sow in public.

Its amazing how repressed and neurotic some Americans are but the answer is really quite simple:

Interesting that this seems to be one more woman-related question that the right wants to control while the left feels feeding our young is a natural thing to do.

Really?? You know I really don't care if a woman wants to breast feed her child in public or not, but I would think for modesty's sake, she would cover it with a blanket or something. Where it gets weird is when the kid is old enough to vote! Then, I kind of have a little problem with it. Like that picture on Time magazine I think it was. That was just ridiculous. Someone should just walk up to her and slap her across the back of the head. Where's the father in all this? A five-year old breast feeding in public? No potential issues when that kid grows up, huh?

As for the left-right question, you'd throw a complete hissy-fit if it was a 36 oz Big Gulp that kid was drinking or if a father was teaching a 7 year old how to hold his first rifle in public.

Get a clue...

I agree that its strange to breast feed past a certain age. However, I don't believe a law should be passed against it. Nor do I agree with your suggestion that the woman be assaulted and beaten.

As for the father's whereabouts, men can't breastfeed so it doesn't really matter where he is. :roll eyes:

I don't remember ever seeing a woman breast feeding in a public venue without covering herself. ("public" as opposed to someone's home) Maybe you should join Skull Pilot in looking for different places to hang out. You also have the option not to look.

The other two issues are not germane to this thread but, in point of fact, you're wrong on both counts.

There should not be any law against public breast feeding. Neither should there be any law prohibiting someone from telling a woman who can't control herself to leave privately owned premises when she exercises her own barbarism.

it is as natural as eating food, yet, this country seems to have a phobia about breastfeeding in public.

should it be done? should it be done and covered with a blanket?

Country Club Snubs Breastfeeding MomA Belgian mother and her diplomat husband were thrown out of a posh country club after she breastfed at the table, according to a story published Sunday in the New York Post.

More on Yahoo! Shine: Kate Middleton Breastfeeding Portrait Causes Controversy, Naturally

Tom Neijens, 36, the first secretary of the Belgium Mission to the U.N., and his wife, Roseline Remans, 34, had stopped by the Metropolis Country Club in White Plains recently to eat lunch. Although they weren’t members, they were seated on the terrace along with other diners.

More on Yahoo! Danish Mothers Hold Public Breastfeeding Protest

Remans reportedly began to inconspicuously breastfeed her daughter Luka at the table when a female supervisor approached and asked her to leave. “She said, ‘Please leave immediately, you are disturbing the members,'" Neijens told the New York Post.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
Well if women want to hang their tits out in public, why does that have to be limited to having a baby sucking on it? Why not just let women hang their tits out whenever they feel like it. Why this limitation?

If we should accept breastfeeding in public, should we also accept women walking about society with their shirts and bras off? I mean, it's "natural," right?

I have no problem with women breastfeeding their children. It may even be reasonable for a women to do so in public if it is in a way so that her breast is covered.

When some fat pregnant woman has her gut on display stretch marks and all it's kind of impossible not to see it.

And are you just another two dimensional right or left (whatever that means) thinker.

The fact that I do not want to see a woman acting like a sow in public has nothing to do with any political ideology.

A sow? You equate a woman breast feeding her child with a cow feeding a calf? Aren't you special. Bet you are something wonderful to look at. (Doubtful.) In any case, if you don't like it, look the other way.

Why not compare them, they are absolutely equal. In fact, they are the same!

You're either certifiable or you need to take a long hard look at the businesses you frequent and I can't tell you how much I'm hoping you'll post a photo YOU have taken of a cow feeding her calf in a restaurant.
:cuckoo:

There should not be any law against public breast feeding. Neither should there be any law prohibiting someone from telling a woman who can't control herself to leave privately owned premises when she exercises her own barbarism.

Can't control herself?

:lmao:

This thread is surprisingly packed with some disgusting remarks about women.

As to the OP, as long as the woman in question covers herself, I see no problem with breastfeeding in public.

I don't mind breastfeeding. My wife breastfed both my sons

But I believe there is a certain decorum that a breasfeeding mother should acknowledge. What you are doing does make some people uncomfortable. It does not take much effort to exercise some discretion

While I agree it is not acceptable to breastfeed in a public restroom, there are usually out of the way corners or rooms where you and the child can feed without making a public "Look at me" statement. Just like you would be offended if a group of people congregated to watch as you breastfeed, you should not force people to have to look away and pretend not to notice you

No one said they "should" just that they DO. Most likely because its good for business.

Maybe if your business is catering to breast feeding women.

I can count on 3 fingers the number of women who have asked me to use the rest room as a milking stall since I've been in business and 2 of them were employees who wanted to milk themselves so as to take the boob juice home. So I won't be wasting any money on milking stalls.

No one said they "should" just that they DO. Most likely because its good for business.

Maybe if your business is catering to breast feeding women.

I can count on 3 fingers the number of women who have asked me to use the rest room as a milking stall since I've been in business and 2 of them were employees who wanted to milk themselves so as to take the boob juice home. So I won't be wasting any money on milking stalls.

Golf claps?

Plenty of businesses that center around children or families provide amenities specifically for breastfeeding mothers because its good for business. Same as employers, while its not common, if they have enough employees who will benefit and they think it'll be a draw they have one.

Why do you care what other companies choose to allocate to breastfeeding mothers?

Personally I don't want to see some pregnant chick with her gut showing nor do I want to see a woman suckling her little rug rat like a sow in public.

Oh, please, stop this shitty politics. The rightr to feed the baby has nothing to do with being left or right.
It is just common sense - when a baby is hungry, the baby is going to scream until she is being fed. So it is not only natural it is simply logical that in order to make everybody's ears rest one should just feed the baby.
It is a normal physiological issue.

The stupid "offended" here clearly have not had kids yet or were formula-feeding them - so they are oblivious. Some have weird complexes, probably connected to their own isolation from the woman's breasts, otherwise they won't insist that they need to look as a mother is breasfeeding the baby and get thrilled with it :cuckoo:

but it is no more right vs left issue as is the lenght of the woman's skirt :lol:

Oh, please, stop this shitty politics. The rightr to feed the baby has nothing to do with being left or right.
It is just common sense - when a baby is hungry, the baby is going to scream until she is being fed. So it is not only natural it is simply logical that in order to make everybody's ears rest one should just feed the baby.
It is a normal physiological issue.

The stupid "offended" here clearly have not had kids yet or were formula-feeding them - so they are oblivious. Some have weird complexes, probably connected to their own isolation from the woman's breasts, otherwise they won't insist that they need to look as a mother is breasfeeding the baby and get thrilled with it :cuckoo:

but it is no more right vs left issue as is the lenght of the woman's skirt :lol:

It's an issues of manners in a public place. If what you are doing is potentially offensive to others, you should do it in a less obtrusive manner.

I can breast feed where I want......but don't you dare let me catch you watching me

Forum List

Back