Public breast feeding

Should we allow breast feeding in public?

• Heck yeah, I love all breasts

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Heck no, I hate all breasts

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Breastfeeding a baby is fine. The baby needs to have nourishment. I am stating the mother should consider those around her when she IS breastfeeding in public. Courtesy, so to speak. Being discreet or expecting someone to be discreet is not an evil or bad thing.

MY problem is seeing a child that should have been weaned pull a tit out and suck on it. I wouldn't want my children to see it..or my grandchildren....nor myself.

It all depends on the circumstances.

To me it is natural, it should be allowed in public, there is nothing wrong with it.

It's pretty much normal here in Indonesia. No one blinks an eye at a lady feeding her baby.
I really don't see what people get worked up about.

Breastfeeding a baby is fine. The baby needs to have nourishment. I am stating the mother should consider those around her when she IS breastfeeding in public. Courtesy, so to speak. Being discreet or expecting someone to be discreet is not an evil or bad thing.

MY problem is seeing a child that should have been weaned pull a tit out and suck on it. I wouldn't want my children to see it..or my grandchildren....nor myself.

You don't want to see a mother take care of her baby - well odd.

Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit, is it?

You suggested being discreet whist I suggested, it's a natural thing for a mother to look after her baby and there's nothing wrong with doing it in public.

Not that hard to understand, but you don't seem to recall what you typed.

That is not what she said. Its when the mother places baby down beside her, flops her tit out for all the world to see, then places baby on it. Her actions draw attention to her. There is a way to be discreet - lift up your top, discreetly put baby on breast and carry on your business. No need to let everyone see your nipples.

That is not what she said. Its when the mother places baby down beside her, flops her tit out for all the world to see, then places baby on it. Her actions draw attention to her. There is a way to be discreet - lift up your top, discreetly put baby on breast and carry on your business. No need to let everyone see your nipples.

I'm amazed at this prudish attitude.
Really, this isn't a public sex act or anything dirty, just a woman looking after her baby.

How come you guys are so uptight about it?

gosh a-mighty gol darn.., no one has ever seen a woman's bare breast ?

400-04996767t.jpg

you hypocrites disgust me at times !

why was the photo removed ? if anyone wants to see it click on the blue box and open it in a separate window.

When a baby gets its diaper changed, it's a normal, natural act. It's a mother looking after her baby. Should it be done at the table in a restaurant?

Many women do that too.

In case you haven't noticed, this country has a phobia about sexuality. Because of that, many people find breastfeeding a disturbing sexual act or they link it to sexuality and therefore believe it should not be done in public.

What a crock...there's no American "phobia" about sex or homosexuals either....learn what that word means before you use it again. Breasts are sexualized and that's normal so there is an unspoken taboo about them being displayed in public...it removes the mystery that makes them desireable to normal men. We know women nurse their babies or should to give them the antibodies they need to fight off disease. We just don't think it should be a spectator sport. :doubt:

I'm amazed at this prudish attitude.
Really, this isn't a public sex act or anything dirty, just a woman looking after her baby.

How come you guys are so uptight about it?

this uptight, prudish attitude and hypocritical view has only become the norm in the past 40 or years, i recall many times as a kid seeing a woman breast feed her baby in public..., is a church considered public ?? that is where i saw most babies being breast fed as a child......, but, that was about 70 years ago ! :up:

When a baby gets its diaper changed, it's a normal, natural act. It's a mother looking after her baby. Should it be done at the table in a restaurant?

Many women do that too.
No they don't. Imagine equating dirty diapers with breast feeding. Shows where your stupid little head is.

Breastfeeding in public is going to be watched. Women need to accept it or don't do it.

Why do you think they do it? They want to be watched.

Oh, puh-leeze. A mother with a crying baby who is carting around a bunch of baby care equipment and accessories just wants to get the feeding job done. There may be an exhibitionist fringe element, but the majority are just moms trying to cope.

I managed to breast feed without ever being ousted from anywhere.

I think most of the ones who get busted are using their kids to get attention.

So how old was her baby? 12? That might cause a stir....:razz::razz:

I never needed to cart any equipment around either. The nice thing about breast feeding is you don't need a lot of equipment...a blanket and a diaper and you can go anywhere.

If done discreetly, yes. If the mother just pulls out a tit without caring what others have to see, no.
Once it is considered "ok", then that means kids that are 5 and 6 years old or even older can grab a boob and suck on it in public. Speaking for myself, if I am eating dinner or lunch or even at the park, I don't want to see it. If I know the woman is feeding her baby and has a blanket over the breast..then fine. No problem. But opening this up is a slippery slope because some mothers breast feed kids that should have been weaned LONG ago.

I guess you're one of them Puritans too. Join the club.

Yup. Guess I am.
Nothing grosses me out more than to see a 6 year old kid climbing on mommys lap, digging out a sagging tit and start to suck. And I damn sure wouldn't want my kid seeing it either.

The vast majority of women stop breastfeeding before age 6.

Forum List

Back