Public breast feeding

Should we allow breast feeding in public?

• Heck yeah, I love all breasts

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Heck no, I hate all breasts

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
You might have to take a crap too, that doesn't entitle you to pull down your pants and crap on someone's dinner table.

I would not allow a woman to breastfeed in my home. When I had a business, a client started to breastfeed in my office. As she was protected by asinine California law, I left her there. I got up, walked out, got in my car and drove away. When she left (after being told she could take her file with her), I came back.

Women who breastfeed in public are exhibitionists. They deserve no more courtesy or respect than any other weenie wagger.

If people don't like breastfeeding in public, they shouldn't be watching a woman breastfeeding. Simple as that.

Breastfeed wherever you want. I have nothing against it but if you choose to do it in a public place don't bitch about being looked at. You don't own public places simply because you have a baby and breasts.

gosh a-mighty gol darn.., no one has ever seen a woman's bare breast ?

400-04996767t.jpg

you hypocrites disgust me at times !

Has no one ever seen an ass? Really, what's all this fuss about public excretia?

Personally I don't want to see some pregnant chick with her gut showing nor do I want to see a woman suckling her little rug rat like a sow in public.

gosh a-mighty gol darn.., no one has ever seen a woman's bare breast ?

400-04996767t.jpg

you hypocrites disgust me at times !

It's not about seeing a breast, dumb ass---it's about women expecting to bare them in public and having no one look at them.

Personally I don't want to see some pregnant chick with her gut showing nor do I want to see a woman suckling her little rug rat like a sow in public.

Its amazing how repressed and neurotic some Americans are but the answer is really quite simple:

If one does not want to see, as is stated here, one does not have to look.

Interesting that this seems to be one more woman-related question that the right wants to control while the left feels feeding our young is a natural thing to do.

The women do it all the time in Japan. Infinitely better than feedin' yer kid HFCS Formula dontcha' think?

Apparently some forum puritans who themselves were formula-fed can't stand the view that a baby can actually be naturally breast--fed.

What a Grand Liberal you are! Private clubs should ignore the wishes of the members who pay fees and allow people who do politically correct activities to infringe upon their freedom to associate.

How TOLERANT OF DIVERSITY...forcing people who hold different opinions to follow your herd.

Its amazing how repressed and neurotic some Americans are but the answer is really quite simple:

Interesting that this seems to be one more woman-related question that the right wants to control while the left feels feeding our young is a natural thing to do.

If you spent $100,000 to join a club, and $$$ thousands more per year in fees, would you want to have to avert your eyes while enjoying the amenities of the club?

If you spent $100,000 to join a club, and $$$ thousands more per year in fees, would you want to have to avert your eyes while enjoying the amenities of the club?

Sorry I didn't address this in my post ...

In answer to your question, I really just don't care, one way or the other. In the past, when I have noticed a woman feeding her baby, it just hasn't occurred to me to be shocked or indignant. IMO, its a big to-do about nothing at all.

But, I believe the owner/mgr probably does have the right to ask the woman to go elsewhere.

I would be interested to know how many posters would request that the woman be thrown out of any public place for breastfeeding her baby.

When some fat pregnant woman has her gut on display stretch marks and all it's kind of impossible not to see it.

And are you just another two dimensional right or left (whatever that means) thinker.

The fact that I do not want to see a woman acting like a sow in public has nothing to do with any political ideology.

When some fat pregnant woman has her gut on display stretch marks and all it's kind of impossible not to see it.

And are you just another two dimensional right or left (whatever that means) thinker.

The fact that I do not want to see a woman acting like a sow in public has nothing to do with any political ideology.

A sow? You equate a woman breast feeding her child with a cow feeding a calf? Aren't you special. Bet you are something wonderful to look at. (Doubtful.) In any case, if you don't like it, look the other way.

Really?? You know I really don't care if a woman wants to breast feed her child in public or not, but I would think for modesty's sake, she would cover it with a blanket or something. Where it gets weird is when the kid is old enough to vote! Then, I kind of have a little problem with it. Like that picture on Time magazine I think it was. That was just ridiculous. Someone should just walk up to her and slap her across the back of the head. Where's the father in all this? A five-year old breast feeding in public? No potential issues when that kid grows up, huh?

As for the left-right question, you'd throw a complete hissy-fit if it was a 36 oz Big Gulp that kid was drinking or if a father was teaching a 7 year old how to hold his first rifle in public.

Get a clue...

I find it very easy to control where I look but if you do not, I'd say that's your problem. Perhaps you could be fitted with blinders.

Also, I hate to be the one to teach you this basic anatomy, but women do not feed their babies with their "gut".

I have to wonder where you are or where you go to see all these "guts" and "stretch marks" because I can't remember the last time I saw what you describe.

Whatever. I still believe this to be a non-issue. For those who feel differently or are unable to control where they look, they can choose to vacate the area where the guts are hanging out OR request management to ask the women to take their guts someplace else.

=====
Going back to the op ... I'd bet money that its the Rs on the board who would be in favor of yet another law passed in order to control women's bodies/activities.

A sow? You equate a woman breast feeding her child with a cow feeding a calf? Aren't you special. Bet you are something wonderful to look at. (Doubtful.) In any case, if you don't like it, look the other way.

One mammal breast feeding is no different than another.'

Sorry but there is nothing special or appealing about breast feeding. it's something that should be done in private there is no need to have to see a woman walking around with a rug rat sucking on her teat.

it is as natural as eating food, yet, this country seems to have a phobia about breastfeeding in public.

should it be done? should it be done and covered with a blanket?

Country Club Snubs Breastfeeding MomA Belgian mother and her diplomat husband were thrown out of a posh country club after she breastfed at the table, according to a story published Sunday in the New York Post.

More on Yahoo! Shine: Kate Middleton Breastfeeding Portrait Causes Controversy, Naturally

Tom Neijens, 36, the first secretary of the Belgium Mission to the U.N., and his wife, Roseline Remans, 34, had stopped by the Metropolis Country Club in White Plains recently to eat lunch. Although they weren’t members, they were seated on the terrace along with other diners.

More on Yahoo! Danish Mothers Hold Public Breastfeeding Protest

Remans reportedly began to inconspicuously breastfeed her daughter Luka at the table when a female supervisor approached and asked her to leave. “She said, ‘Please leave immediately, you are disturbing the members,'" Neijens told the New York Post.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

In a related story.....

"Ladies of New York, you are free to walk bare-breasted through the city! New York City's 34,000 police officers have been instructed that, should they encounter a woman in public who is shirtless but obeying the law, they should not arrest her. This is a good step towards gender parity in public spaces.

This decision means that breast exposure is not considered public lewdness, indecent exposure, or disorderly conduct. It also notes that, should a crowd form around a topless woman, the officer should instruct the crowd to disperse and then respond appropriately if it does not. Relative coverage is no longer a factor."
Topless Women in Public Not Breaking the Law, Says NYPD

i-love-new-york.gif

Property rights. If the property owner allows it then fine, if not that's also fine. On so-called "public" property I fail to see how anybody has the right to stop a woman from breast-feeding.

I find it very easy to control where I look but if you do not, I'd say that's your problem. Perhaps you could be fitted with blinders.

Also, I hate to be the one to teach you this basic anatomy, but women do not feed their babies with their "gut".

You really are an idiot who can't see that I added a secondary subject to the OP aren't you?

I have to wonder where you are or where you go to see all these "guts" and "stretch marks" because I can't remember the last time I saw what you describe.

Pregnant women showing off the gut is a pretty common thing these days.

=====
Going back to the op ... I'd bet money that its the Rs on the board who would be in favor of yet another law passed in order to control women's bodies/activities.
Since when does a personal preference equate to wanting to pass a law?

Forum List

Back