Public schools + special needs kids .

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
A favorite conservative talking point is how private schools educate kids at a cheaper rate .

Problem is that this is very misleading . Public Schools MUST educate and transport all kids . Including the handicapped, behavior kids , and English as a 2nd language . Private schools don't !

I wonder what the voucher crowd thinks we should do with those kids?

A favorite conservative talking point is how private schools educate kids at a cheaper rate .

Problem is that this is very misleading . Public Schools MUST educate and transport all kids . Including the handicapped, behavior kids , and English as a 2nd language . Private schools don't !

Find a private school that specializes in special needs kids maybe?

They are super expensive ! Did u know if a public school can't give a kid services the must pay To send the kid to a private school? Transport too!

They don't give a damn, as long as they don't have to pay up.

They are super expensive ! Did u know if a public school can't give a kid services the must pay To send the kid to a private school? Transport too!

Well Timmy...I guess the parents are just going to have to step up and do the best they can.
And you're saying the public school system has to pay for private school if they cant provide a proper environment for a special needs student?

See, the thing is here, this is one of the reasons the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court ruled with the liberals on Obama care. The conservatives in my area of the country are spear heading the corporatization of education, and a lot of their representatives are related to the Romney family.

It's fascism folks. The private sector and the government working hand in glove to REQUIRE citizens to pay for private enterprise. Healthcare was the test case. Next it will be education. Then who knows, the police force?

Well Timmy...I guess the parents are just going to have to step up and do the best they can.
And you're saying the public school system has to pay for private school if they cant provide a proper environment for a special needs student?

Yes .

Often schools will just hire their own special needs teachers cause it's cheaper .

my friend does special needs . One kid has a 24/7 nurse with him . That's one kid! Imagine that budget hit .

Yes .

Often schools will just hire their own special needs teachers cause it's cheaper .

my friend does special needs . One kid has a 24/7 nurse with him . That's one kid! Imagine that budget hit .

How about some links backing up what you originally said Timmy?

Why the hell should I pay to get your kids to school and back, after all, they are your kids?

Isn't it the PARENTS' responsibility to educate and financially support their progeny.?

Except special needs kids dont account for that much of the budget. So your argument is a failure. Voichers and charters are the way to go. They have a demonstrated track record of producing better graduates.

Yes .

It's true. No links necessary/it might take a while to find one. One of these students can stay in the system until age 22. Sometimes their behaviors or disabilities are sufficiently bad that public schools don't have the means to handle them due to liability, etc. and they are sent to specialty private schools that the state must pay for. Every student has a right to what is called the "least restrictive environment." Sometimes public schools cannot offer that. Take it from me. I've spent my entire career consulting for families of children with disabilities and various schools and centers.

Why the hell should I pay to get your kids to school and back, after all, they are your kids?
That's what many parents think until they have a child with a disability. God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.

You want to know why your health insurance costs so much? Because your paying for people with cancer, etc. Would you give them the finger and have their care cut off for a price cut? And take the chance of never getting that sick yourself?

Isn't it the PARENTS' responsibility to educate and financially support their progeny.?

See post #13.

Yes .

It's true. No links necessary/it might take a while to find one. One of these students can stay in the system until age 22. Sometimes their behaviors or disabilities are sufficiently bad that public schools don't have the means to handle them due to liability, etc. and they are sent to specialty private schools that the state must pay for. Every student has a right to what is called the "least restrictive environment." Sometimes public schools cannot offer that. Take it from me. I've spent my entire career consulting for families of children with disabilities and various schools and centers.

Well it sounds to me like a worthwhile program.

See post #13.

So, a disability constitutes a LIEN against income/property?

Yes .

Well it sounds to me like a worthwhile program.
It is. Its not perfect, but the kids and family would be screwed otherwise. For example my services are $125 - $150 an hour and despite the price tag I have a loooong waiting list. And the cost of other services these kids need are very similar. For a lot of kids, if they lost access to these public programs they would never develop even the most basic self-care skills, and their families, completely untrained in how to help their children, would suffer tremendously.

See post #13.

Don't be a jerk. You know what I mean.

That's what many parents think until they have a child with a disability. God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.

You want to know why your health insurance costs so much? Because your paying for people with cancer, etc. Would you give them the finger and have their care cut off for a price cut? And take the chance of never getting that sick yourself?

And disability has what to do with transportation? Ain't buying your regressivecrat deflection, if you want to comment on what I actually said, feel free.

See post #13.

Don't be a jerk. You know what I mean.

Don't be a fucktard.

I know exactly what you meant.

The welfare state allows you to steal , loot and plunder from taxpayers and producers if you claim to be disable.

Forum List

Back