Public schools + special needs kids .

Well Timmy...I guess the parents are just going to have to step up and do the best they can.
And you're saying the public school system has to pay for private school if they cant provide a proper environment for a special needs student?

Yes .

Often schools will just hire their own special needs teachers cause it's cheaper .

my friend does special needs . One kid has a 24/7 nurse with him . That's one kid! Imagine that budget hit .

How about some links backing up what you originally said Timmy?
It's true. No links necessary/it might take a while to find one. One of these students can stay in the system until age 22. Sometimes their behaviors or disabilities are sufficiently bad that public schools don't have the means to handle them due to liability, etc. and they are sent to specialty private schools that the state must pay for. Every student has a right to what is called the "least restrictive environment." Sometimes public schools cannot offer that. Take it from me. I've spent my entire career consulting for families of children with disabilities and various schools and centers.

Well it sounds to me like a worthwhile program.
It is. Its not perfect, but the kids and family would be screwed otherwise. For example my services are $125 - $150 an hour and despite the price tag I have a loooong waiting list. And the cost of other services these kids need are very similar. For a lot of kids, if they lost access to these public programs they would never develop even the most basic self-care skills, and their families, completely untrained in how to help their children, would suffer tremendously.

I see it as a "no fault of their own" situation and I commend them for taking care of a child in trying circumstances.

A favorite conservative talking point is how private schools educate kids at a cheaper rate .

Problem is that this is very misleading . Public Schools MUST educate and transport all kids . Including the handicapped, behavior kids , and English as a 2nd language . Private schools don't !

I wonder what the voucher crowd thinks we should do with those kids?

Why the hell should I pay to get your kids to school and back, after all, they are your kids?
That's what many parents think until they have a child with a disability. God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.

You want to know why your health insurance costs so much? Because your paying for people with cancer, etc. Would you give them the finger and have their care cut off for a price cut? And take the chance of never getting that sick yourself?

And disability has what to do with transportation? Ain't buying your regressivecrat deflection, if you want to comment on what I actually said, feel free.
I thought you were against the program in general. If you want to get rid of the government providing transportation to and from schools, then get ready for a humongous spike in truancy rates and a big drop of productivity from employees across the entire nation.

A favorite conservative talking point is how private schools educate kids at a cheaper rate .

Problem is that this is very misleading . Public Schools MUST educate and transport all kids . Including the handicapped, behavior kids , and English as a 2nd language . Private schools don't !

Isn't it the PARENTS' responsibility to educate and financially support their progeny.?

See post #13.

So, a disability constitutes a LIEN against income/property?

Don't be a jerk. You know what I mean.

Don't be a fucktard.

I know exactly what you meant.

The welfare state allows you to steal , loot and plunder from taxpayers and producers if you claim to be disable.

Yeah so fuck disabled kids. Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm pretty sure you're saying. Have you ever met a person with a disability?

So what is your point??

I wish I could have went to a private school I didn't, sh!t happens.

So what is your point??

I wish you could have "gone" to one was well...

So what is your point??

At least he didn't say "could of" :dunno:

Isn't it the PARENTS' responsibility to educate and financially support their progeny.?

See post #13.

Don't be a fucktard.

The welfare state allows you to steal , loot and plunder from taxpayers and producers if you claim to be disable.

Yeah so fuck disabled kids. Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm pretty sure you're saying. Have you ever met a person with a disability?
The I Got Mine crowd cannot see beyond themselves and those closest to them. Just infants, with VISA cards.

So what is your point??

The federal government did not allow Indians on the res to go to private schools, I made out just fine, sh!t happens.
I grew up dirt poor I suspect that being the reason...

So what is your point??

The federal government did not allow Indians on the res to go to private schools, I made out just fine, sh!t happens.
The federal government would have had no say in the matter. The Rez is a Sovereign Nation, something you never learned in school apparently, and the same with proper English.
51Id5B3ZKfL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Why the hell should I pay to get your kids to school and back, after all, they are your kids?
That's what many parents think until they have a child with a disability. God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.

You want to know why your health insurance costs so much? Because your paying for people with cancer, etc. Would you give them the finger and have their care cut off for a price cut? And take the chance of never getting that sick yourself?

And disability has what to do with transportation? Ain't buying your regressivecrat deflection, if you want to comment on what I actually said, feel free.
I thought you were against the program in general. If you want to get rid of the government providing transportation to and from schools, then get ready for a humongous spike in truancy rates and a big drop of productivity from employees across the entire nation.

Funny, in my 13 years in public school I had a bus available a whole 6 months when we lived in a rural area, never had one when we lived in town. Both my parents worked most of that time, my brother and I got to school on our own. Now people are bitching and crying if their kid has to walk 6 blocks.

See post #13.

Don't be a fucktard.

Yo Dingle Berry

HHS Budget for 2016 1,092,992 1 BILLION, 92 million dollars.

A lot of "disabled" folks out there, eh?

So what is your point??

The federal government would have had no say in the matter. The Rez is a Sovereign Nation, something you never learned in school apparently, and the same with proper English.
By the way it's a res... An Indian term.
I had no other option than a federal government res schools, no other choice.

So, you have the typical liberal opinion that if everyone can't choose their school, then no one should.

Some parents prefer certain schools. Why are you against letting them have that choice? I thought the left was pro-choice, but turns out that you would rather dictate on most things.

So what is your point??

It's Rez, dumbass...
d8eed7e7dff01fd5729a88d7f2245107.jpg

So what is your point??

You had options, you just couldn't afford them.

Find a private school that specializes in special needs kids maybe?

They are super expensive ! Did u know if a public school can't give a kid services the must pay To send the kid to a private school? Transport too!

Well Timmy...I guess the parents are just going to have to step up and do the best they can.
And you're saying the public school system has to pay for private school if they cant provide a proper environment for a special needs student?

Yes .

Often schools will just hire their own special needs teachers cause it's cheaper .

my friend does special needs . One kid has a 24/7 nurse with him . That's one kid! Imagine that budget hit .
So the school pays his nurse 27/7?

So what is your point??

It's Rez, dumbass...
Na, come up here to South Dakota and see for yourself, you might dislike the third world country living though.

So, you have the typical liberal opinion that if everyone can't choose their school, then no one should.

Some parents prefer certain schools. Why are you against letting them have that choice? I thought the left was pro-choice, but turns out that you would rather dictate on most things.
There are good reasons for wanting nearly all kids in Public Schools, that's where you learn to get along with the rest of your society. Good, bad, and otherwise.

It's Rez, dumbass...
Na, come up here to South Dakota and see for yourself, you might dislike the third world country living though.
I'm well aware of it. A continuing crime against humanity.

So what is your point??

You had options, you just couldn't afford them.
True, I knew no one that could growing up, sh!t happens.

Forum List

Back