Pulse patrons victim of the government. Club was a "gun free zone".

This thread shoots itself in the foot with its first five words. Thanks for getting right to the point anyway.

Why in the FUCK would anyone want guns and alcohol in the same place?

Ahhhhh, maybe to stop a tragedy like this perhaps?????

Well Omar didn't follow the government rules did he now?

This woman makes complete sense.

"Patton said:

Let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns. Let us stay focused on the fact that someone hated gay people so much they were ready to kill or injure so many. A human being did this. The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul.

Patton went on to say, “GUNS did not do this. A human being did this, a dead human being. Our job now is not to demonize the man’s tools, but to condemn his acts and work to prevent such acts in the future.”

Patton pointed to the fact that it is difficult to carry guns in bars in some states–because of alcohol/firearm prohibitions. But Patton suggested this can sometimes be remedied by a designated driver who agrees to forgo any alcohol for the night so that that driver can carry a gun with which to protect his companions.

Patton said, “It’s sad that we must consider such things, but when there are persons out there who mean us harm, we must find ways to protect ourselves within the law.”

Pink Pistols: Orlando Terror Shows Why Gays Should Arm Themselves

States make the laws and Florida and Texas have these laws and you have not address the fact the bar had security on premise and the suspect was fired on.

So you had someone on site and opened fire so tell me why didn't that person stop the individual or did you read about what happened during the gun battles that caused the death of so many people?

Most bouncers that I've seen used for security in bars generally don't have any weapons other than a billy club. Most are unarmed, and to tell you the truth, I've never been in any bar or club that had armed security.

The reality is some places will be gun free except for security provided and bars are one of those places. To argue to allow drunks to carry firearms into bars or clubs that serve booze is asking trouble.

Also if I am correct the place had security and were unable to stop the man, so people need to think about this and again one of the guards was armed and fired on the suspect to my understanding.

We passed conceal carry in bars a couple of years ago. So far, no problems. Of course part of that law is that nobody carrying a firearm can consume alcoholic beverages.

"Patton said:

Let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns. Let us stay focused on the fact that someone hated gay people so much they were ready to kill or injure so many. A human being did this. The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul.

Patton went on to say, “GUNS did not do this. A human being did this, a dead human being. Our job now is not to demonize the man’s tools, but to condemn his acts and work to prevent such acts in the future.”

Patton pointed to the fact that it is difficult to carry guns in bars in some states–because of alcohol/firearm prohibitions. But Patton suggested this can sometimes be remedied by a designated driver who agrees to forgo any alcohol for the night so that that driver can carry a gun with which to protect his companions.

Patton said, “It’s sad that we must consider such things, but when there are persons out there who mean us harm, we must find ways to protect ourselves within the law.”

States make the laws and Florida and Texas have these laws and you have not address the fact the bar had security on premise and the suspect was fired on.

So you had someone on site and opened fire so tell me why didn't that person stop the individual or did you read about what happened during the gun battles that caused the death of so many people?

Most bouncers that I've seen used for security in bars generally don't have any weapons other than a billy club. Most are unarmed, and to tell you the truth, I've never been in any bar or club that had armed security.

What I read and heard it was an officer off duty and here in Texas I have seen this and even in Illinois. An officer will pick up a shift of security at those clubs and bars if they know it is a place where violence can happen and the owner will pay for the extra security.

"Patton said:

What I read and heard it was an officer off duty and here in Texas I have seen this and even in Illinois. An officer will pick up a shift of security at those clubs and bars if they know it is a place where violence can happen and the owner will pay for the extra security.

Let me add that when I was kid a cop bar down the street from where I was growing up was held up and the robbers did not know it was a cop bar and were shot on site...

I'm listening to Gun Talk and they just reported that the Pulse Club was a gun free zone. No guns allowed in any establishment that serves liquor.

By Florida law.

Now I certainly understand this law in the sense that do you really want guns and alcohol and /or drugs that go with booze and all mixed together?

It makes sense on the surface. BUT if the state mandates this I think then you have to have another law stating that for x amount of club goers you need to provide y amount of armed security at the establishment.

Now I don't know if that would work completely but it might be a big deterrent.

Forum List

Back