"punks....they always get away"

Outcome of the Zimmerman trial:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford | Tampa Bay Times
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford
"""In September, the Sanford police helped the Retreat start a neighborhood watch program.

"Some residents called me wanting to do a startup," said Dorival, a civilian police employee. About 30 people came to the clubhouse for that first session, she said. "Everyone was enthusiastic." Zimmerman volunteered to be captain. ( Fucking cop wannabe. They are the most dangerous kind.)

"I told them, this is not about being a vigilante police force," Dorival said. "You're not even supposed to patrol on neighborhood watch. And you're certainly not supposed to carry a gun."

For the first two months of this year, at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the Sanford police logged 51 calls for service. Half were just people requesting information. The others included eight burglaries, two bike thefts and three simple assaults.

Zimmerman's last 911 call came on Feb. 26, at 7:11 p.m. "Black male, late teens, dark gray hoodie, jeans or sweatpants walking around area," the dispatcher recorded. A minute later: "Subject now running towards back entrance of complex."

On a recording of the call, you can hear Zimmerman say, "He's got his hand in his waistband. Something is wrong with him." Then, "He's running toward the back entrance."

The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to follow him. A patrol officer was on the way."""

NPR interview with Carmen Caldwell:

"""The executive director is an irrepressible, 30-year veteran of neighborhood watch programs, Carmen Caldwell. She got involved as a volunteer in the '80s. When she heard about the events in Sanford, Caldwell says her first reaction was, that's not how neighborhood watch operates. Caldwell says her office is adamant about the rules - and they're simple.

CALDWELL: No intervening, no carrying weapons, no patrolling the area - and your only job is to call the police when you see something suspicious.

ALLEN: Miami-Dade's neighborhood watch program is more closely supervised than many. Caldwell gets much of her funding from the county government, and works to register all her groups with the National Sheriff's Association. This week, at a city commission meeting attended by several hundred people in Sanford, congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee quoted from the sheriff's association guidelines for neighborhood watch programs.

ALLEN: That was supposed to be the case at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the townhome community where George Zimmerman was neighborhood watch captain. In the homeowner's association newsletter, residents were urged to keep their eyes open and if they saw anything suspicious, to call the police. Although the events that led to Trayvon Martin's shooting are still not clear, it appears Zimmerman went far beyond that."""

You said the HOA rules don't allow you to carry a weapon. You haven't posted any HOA rule that says so. What you have posted is simply an opinion of someone, who for all we know may be a partisan member of the Zimmerman lynch mob.

How could a Home Owners Association rule book deprive one of their Second Amendment rights?

I don't get it.

Tell that to banks, schools, federal buildings, perhaps HOA's rules for neighborhood watches (you know, so they wont be sued for killing unarmed citizens...)

the vigilante was on a mission. He also sounds like he has ADHD on the tape

Essential or irrelevant? Zimmerman prosecutor fights to reveal previous calls to cops - U.S. News
“These a------- always get away,” he quoted Zimmerman as saying.
On the call, Zimmerman reports that Martin is walking around in the rain and looks like “he’s up to no good,” then says the teen is staring at him and approaching with his hand in his waistband.

And, with no witnesses in sight, what a wonderful way to set up an alibi for committing murder.

:lol:

Put down the bong. This was not a premeditated act.

They surmise that Zimmerman doesn't like getting robbed by ghetto punks, and that judges always let them off with a slap on the wrist.

What rational person would disagree?

I guess some people aren't getting that Zimmerman was the "punk" in this story. I sure don't want the likes of him running around my neighborhood at night.

You dont want people watching to make sure crimes arent occured in your community?

Not cop wanna bee's with a restraining order and a history of violence with the police. No. You? You want a Zimmerman around your family or are you safe against him? I KNOW am not.

You're getting your liberal ass kicked, lamo.

In your opinion, which has no more depth or substance than Zimmerman's excuses for why he broke every rule of his HOA handbook that night.

Your opinion is that Zimmerman is automatically guilty, the facts and evidence be damned. You're seething with hatred. Funny, the guy is Hispanic, a minority same as Trayvon, but now the Hispanic guy is racist.

L M A O You can't tell which way is up.

I would call him hispanic if he ever...
1. clamied to be
2. Was raised in a hispanic neighborhood
3. His father was not a white judge (German at that).
4. His girlfriend was white
5. If he spoke spanish
etc etc

I am not saying he should deny who his mother is, but to say he is hispanic is a stretch.

I am a black man from West Philly and I have white in me (from my fathers side) and I have never, EVER considered myself white. Ever. I wouldnt even if claiming so would help me in a murder trial either...you know, like Zimmerman is now.

If you think I am wrong, link me to ANYTHING that says he had or have anything to do with that culture prior to the shooting. Anything.

I guess some people aren't getting that Zimmerman was the "punk" in this story. I sure don't want the likes of him running around my neighborhood at night.

You dont want people watching to make sure crimes arent occured in your community?

Not cop wanna bee's with a restraining order and a history of violence with the police. No. You? You want a Zimmerman around your family or are you safe against him? I KNOW am not.

Id be fine with Zimmerman or any American who is believes in self government around my family. I have nothing to fear from him. See, Im not going to jump him from behind and start bashing his head against the ground.

I am not voting because I frankly have no idea what the jury will credit and what they will reject.

If Zimmerman was not acting under the impetus of being pounded and in fear for his life or long term health, then it is certainly possible that he deserves to be convicted.

But, if he was taking a beat down (as his nose and the back of his head suggest) and then shot Trayvon at close range (as the forensics suggest) in order to fend off his attacker, then he deserves to be acquitted.

But the verdict may not reveal what DID happen. It may reveal only what six women "find" happened based on some peculiar prosecutorial decisions (if the Court allows it). Assuming the prosecutors end up being persuasive, Zimmerman COULD go down. That will not resolve the real question which is whether he DESERVES to be convicted.

I harbor suspicions that he does not. But I don't pretend to know for sure. So, although my inclination is to lean toward the prospect of an acquittal, I don't have a ton of faith in that ultimately being the outcome.

Meanwhile, it does look like the prosecutors' case is foundering a bit.

Did he have gunshot residue on him? I am speaking of Zimmerman. Honest question since here. Not his hands, on his clothes since he was at "close range" as you say. If he wasnt at close range, was his life still in danger?

:)

Wouldn't make any difference how close or far away Martin was in regard to the amount of GSR on Zimmerman...it's the GSR on MARTIN that tells the tale of distance from muzzle.

In your opinion, which has no more depth or substance than Zimmerman's excuses for why he broke every rule of his HOA handbook that night.

Your opinion is that Zimmerman is automatically guilty, the facts and evidence be damned. You're seething with hatred. Funny, the guy is Hispanic, a minority same as Trayvon, but now the Hispanic guy is racist.

L M A O You can't tell which way is up.

I would call him hispanic if he ever...
1. clamied to be
2. Was raised in a hispanic neighborhood
3. His father was not a white judge (German at that).
4. His girlfriend was white
5. If he spoke spanish
etc etc

I am not saying he should deny who his mother is, but to say he is hispanic is a stretch.

I am a black man from West Philly and I have white in me (from my fathers side) and I have never, EVER considered myself white. Ever. I wouldnt even if claiming so would help me in a murder trial either...you know, like Zimmerman is now.

If you think I am wrong, link me to ANYTHING that says he had or have anything to do with that culture prior to the shooting. Anything.

So we should just deny the truth because you feel like it.

I am not voting because I frankly have no idea what the jury will credit and what they will reject.

If Zimmerman was not acting under the impetus of being pounded and in fear for his life or long term health, then it is certainly possible that he deserves to be convicted.

But, if he was taking a beat down (as his nose and the back of his head suggest) and then shot Trayvon at close range (as the forensics suggest) in order to fend off his attacker, then he deserves to be acquitted.

But the verdict may not reveal what DID happen. It may reveal only what six women "find" happened based on some peculiar prosecutorial decisions (if the Court allows it). Assuming the prosecutors end up being persuasive, Zimmerman COULD go down. That will not resolve the real question which is whether he DESERVES to be convicted.

I harbor suspicions that he does not. But I don't pretend to know for sure. So, although my inclination is to lean toward the prospect of an acquittal, I don't have a ton of faith in that ultimately being the outcome.

Meanwhile, it does look like the prosecutors' case is foundering a bit.

Did he have gunshot residue on him? I am speaking of Zimmerman. Honest question since here. Not his hands, on his clothes since he was at "close range" as you say. If he wasnt at close range, was his life still in danger?

Wouldn't make any difference how close or far away Martin was in regard to the amount of GSR on Zimmerman...it's the GSR on MARTIN that tells the tale of distance from muzzle.

Ah....good point.

Sorry, was there GSR on Martin? Or was there just a hole in him.

You said the HOA rules don't allow you to carry a weapon. You haven't posted any HOA rule that says so. What you have posted is simply an opinion of someone, who for all we know may be a partisan member of the Zimmerman lynch mob.

How could a Home Owners Association rule book deprive one of their Second Amendment rights?

I don't get it.

Tell that to banks, schools, federal buildings, perhaps HOA's rules for neighborhood watches (you know, so they wont be sued for killing unarmed citizens...)

HOA rules and their constitutionality have their own story to tell, too bad they aren't relevant to this case either.

Given the discussions I've witnessed on this board, I'm surprised the poll is not far more to the "Not Guilty" end.

A hung jury wouldn't surprise me, but I expect a guilty. The case is pretty ironclad.

Seeing whats publicly available and expecting an acquittal makes me question not only ones intellect, but ones motives as well.

Ah....good point.

Sorry, was there GSR on Martin? Or was there just a hole in him.

A lab report, based on an examination of the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing, found holes and gunshot residue consistent with a “contact shot,” meaning the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest.

Trayvon Martin documents reveal new details in shooting - Washington Post

Zimmerman planned to kill someone that night. That's why he took a loaded gun with him. He stalked a kid whose only crimes were walking while black, wearing a hoodie in the rain and carrying ice tea and Skittles. He told the dispatcher he was stalking the kid. Later, he told the police he had stalked the kid and he told them he had murdered him.

The kid had every right to "stand his ground" and to defend himself but, of course, Skittles is no defense against a gun.

Since it was premeditated and since he confessed to premeditated murder, he should get the death penalty.

As to those who say its a hate crime, that he's a racist or that the kid deserved it because there are photos of him flipping the bird and that he smoked grass - bullshit on all counts.

Zimmmerman should be tried and punished on the facts of the case, not whether he's a racist or the kid was less than perfect.

Please turn your rep back on so I can neg your sorry ass.

I carry a gun frequently. I never go out planning to kill someone and I never have. I go out planning to come home alive myself.
I know my neighborhood AND my neighbors. If I am driving down my road at night and see a kid white or black that I don't know, walking slowly, looking into houses, I am going to watch him. If he continues to act suspiciously, I will follow him. If he punches me and breaks my nose, then jumps on top and starts smashing my head on the pavement, he is going to die. Simple as that.

gun shot residue is pretty darn useless in proving anything other than a gun was fired his presence, which isn't really disputed here.

And I would think having someone on top of you hitting your head into the ground is close range.

Given the discussions I've witnessed on this board, I'm surprised the poll is not far more to the "Not Guilty" end.

A hung jury wouldn't surprise me, but I expect a guilty. The case is pretty ironclad.

Seeing whats publicly available and expecting an acquittal makes me question not only ones intellect, but ones motives as well.

Id certainly like to see a not guilty verdict, but I am very much aware of how fickle some juries can be. it's difficult to predict anything. especially when im not seeing how the evidence is presented.

I don't get it.

I've never heard of any HOA that had rules for a neighborhood watch. Those two things are normally entirely separate entities. So far, no one has posted these so-called HOA rules that prevent you from being armed.

It's obviously total bullshit.

Forum List

Back