Putin becomes the Voice of Reason

He does what the commie-loving far right wants, and then they attack him again. https://www.google.com/#q=obama+waits+for+congress

Obama waits for US Congress 'authorization' on strike vs. Syria

GMA News *- 29 minutes ago

Obama said Saturday morning in Philippine time he has decided to seek authorization from the US Congress on the use of military action on ...

Come on, guys, we picked people we trust to do the work of Congress. Let's let them do it. If they disagree with the President, they can show him their facts when he shows them his. We just have to trust that they will do the right and correct thing.

Part of giving someone else a job is letting them do it without shoving them into a corner. People work better if you let them have a little space to use their brains. If you've ever hired people, you know this trust is an essential ingredient of allowing right to be done. It's only a couple of days away, if we are not attacked first.

I hope that does not happen.

My best to all my fellow posters.

Please just stop a moment and pray for your congressman and senators.

They need our prayers and support.

Love,

becki

While I have no doubt Putin has his own political agenda, he makes some very good points. Twenty years ago the news media was all over the atrocities committed by the Serbs at Sarajevo by launching mortar attacks on unarmed civilians, the most notorious one being on a market place. And while the Serbs certainly were guilty of committing a lot of atrocities, the mortar attack was difficult to prove. It looked more like the attacks came from within the city rather than from the known Serb positions. In other words, it looked like the Muslims had launched the attacks, killed their own people, in order to spark international outrage.

All I'm saying here is that Putin's comments about the Syrian extremists staging the chemical attacks on their own people to prompt an American attack against the Syrian regime are not so outrageous.

For all the criticism Obama made about Bush's "rush to judgment," you would think he would be careful before squeezing the trigger on Syria.

All Obama is doing is damage control. He didn't need congress in Libya and he didn't care when this shit started. He is using congress to save face and that is all this is. He knows he's a liar and he's been caught. Nevertheless, he'll still attempt to weasel his way out of this mess.

Putin is not a hero of the right or a rightist either. He's a Stalinist (who used the right wing to defeat the left wing and take dictatorial powers).

obama MADE this a critical time in our foreign policy. He bungled the foreign policy. The best thing obama could do is take the advice of someone who has not bungled foreign policy.
Well, that pretty much eliminates all elements of the government of the United States and its lobby groups.

Putin is not a hero of the right or a rightist either. He's a Stalinist (who used the right wing to defeat the left wing and take dictatorial powers).

Right now P certainly is a hero. Maybe the reactionaries will run him in the primaries n 2016. And it would make as much sense as several of those in 2012. Good heavens.

Right now P certainly is a hero. Maybe the reactionaries will run him in the primaries n 2016. And it would make as much sense as several of those in 2012. Good heavens.

Just because you say he's a hero doesn't make him a hero... even when you qualify the statement with "certainly" but show no proof backing your statement.

First he has to win a fight unless you call Chechnya or Georgia a fight for Russia.

Vladimir Putin the Horror of the Chechen. Vladimir the impaler of Georgia.

Vlad the hero of the free world for giving Snowden asylum.

:thup:

Convince the far righty reactionaries who have been hailing Putin the Savior.

Convince the far righty reactionaries who have been hailing Putin the Savior.

Putin has presented a medal to a Hero though.

putrin-medal_2551375b.jpg

Hero of... labor....

:eek:

Vladimir Putin presents first 'Hero Of Labour' medals since end of Soviet Union - Telegraph

:cool:

Sunni Man and Katzndogz admit that they admire the former KGB chief of communist Russia.

What Putin said makes sense.

That does not mean that they admire him. They agree with whatt he said.

Dude, you need to make logical connections, not vapid connections.

Taken in context, I admire Putin more than obama. Putin is a leader, obama is a two year old not getting his binky on time.

"oops"

There goes that theory :lol:

Funny but DeGaulle enjoyed worldwide respect because he put his country above himself. Obama seems unable to do that.

Sunni Man and Katzndogz admit that they admire the former KGB chief of communist Russia.

What Putin said makes sense.

That does not mean that they admire him. They agree with whatt he said.

Dude, you need to make logical connections, not vapid connections.

Taken in context, I admire Putin more than obama. Putin is a leader, obama is a two year old not getting his binky on time.

"oops"

There goes that theory :lol:

A great big double oopsie.

Obama is lost...he can't blame Bush.

This box is of his own making...like Obamacare.

The deadly combination of arrogance and incompetence is starting to assert itself.

No one is blaming Bush for Syria. The mistake of the Iraq War, letting Osama go , and ruining the economy, yes, we're still blaming Bush, the GOP and all conservatives for those. When can we expect your apology?

'
Come on, guys, we picked people we trust to do the work of Congress.
Ha! if that is meant to be humor, it is not funny !!
Why, thank you for thinking me a humorist, Mr. numan.

I'm too simple for that. I genuinely think that given the opportunity and the incentive, human beings will rise to their best.

Unless you're sitting next to the president right now and have his ear, we do not know what he knows. We only know he has John Kerry who is known to say or do anything to avoid war pleading for it.

It's all a big conundrum to me, and I'm not psychic, able to see the future, nor predict the rain. I'm just with others in hoi polloi. All I can do is plead with my fellow posters to wait, let Congress and the President pull their mutual facts together, and then decide.

The alternative to not trusting the people we voted in Congress is to jump in the middle of this sans facts and start swinging haymakers and epithets at one another. I consider such behavior not an option. But our immediate parents and grandparents, and even great grandparents at this late date, came together after the events of Pearl Harbor Day, December 7, 1941, and decided that the Japanese attempt to destroy the Pacific Fleet in an all-out war when we were trying to mind our own business and stay out of the conflict was not an option after such an affront, and from what I understand from my mother, who was in or near her senior year in high school around the same time, some of her schoolmates left school immediately and jammed the Army recruitment offices before they graduated, many lying about their own age so they could help put an end to the killing of Americans who were simply defending merchant ships from the attacks of military ship units whose mission was shoot to kill, no matter what flag flew over the cargo ships.

The point is, Americans from top to bottom were concerned when Pearl Harbor was not respected in its mission of mercy to cargo ships that had always in peace time brought prosperity and peace to our shores. Our parents' lives were changed by that act, and we gave it our best shot.

Since I do not know the facts on the table of intelligence an American President and his staff would be privy to, I have no choice but to hope and pray Congress have done their jobs, even as hard as it must be to balance down time with their home constituents and volumes of reading and contacting people that they have to do in order to stay informed.

We really have no choice but to give them some rope, sort out the facts, and choose to discuss the many facets of action or inaction with regard to Syria.

It's not a good time to wig out regurgitating differences, it's a time to be patient and hear all sides. If Obama can convince knowledgable Senators and Congresspersons his actions will result in positives for America they will act in his favor. If he starts out each message with the kind of rhetoric we far to often hear on this level, he will be cut off from consideration.

Too many screams at a ball game interferes with play, and it leaves referees waging penalties on the team whose crowd disables play. If Russia's new base in Venezuela becomes a missile launching site, we're just as at risk as we were on September 11, 2001. Not everyone was sympathetic that we lost the World Trade Center's thousands and the Pentagon's hundreds, not to mention the hellish rides passengers on four jetliners saw as their last memory of this earth.

Our Congress has a tough call next week. The only right thing we can do is let them make that call with the facts that are found and whether the losses we can expect are worth going to war to stop another Holocaust in the Middle East. They know the treatment our nation has received and who we received it from. It's Congress' decision. We need to stand down on the rhetoric pages so they can better see details and issues they must face before agreeing to or turning away from lobbing missiles at a very pissed-off dictatorial regime.

If you want to jump up and down, scream and holler, that's your business, or to decimate the character of people on both sides as your rise to the top of the pundit heap.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about ambitious fellows who think putting others down for their own uppance is desirable.

I do give a damn about Congress making a good decision based on their intelligence gathering efforts, and I think the uninformed American is well-advised to stand down, leave well enough alone, and pray for those who were voted in by us to do the job they're faced with.

I know there are a few people here who have unbelievable mental skills of recall, of logic, and of photographic memories. Sure wish they were up there in Congress. But some of our Congresspersons also possess such skills or have lists of people whom they can depend upon for details that others may have forgotten. Let Congress do their thing.

Character sliming right now is the wrong thing to do.

Letting Congressmen and Senators do their job is the right thing to do.

I have every faith they'll do their best.

If they review the facts and decide we cannot act because we have too much going on on the streets of America, they may have to live with the consequences of a Middle East empowered to murder masses of Americans with the same gases Assad used on dissidents there. If they decide we must go to war, we could well find ourselves under attack due to the failure to communicate stoppage to hatemongers of America like Castro, Ho Chi Minh, Chavez, and drug cartels since the 60s where a million people died every decade from selective murder by drug bullies and their patsies.

There is a price to pay for weakness at the top.

'
Come on, guys, we picked people we trust to do the work of Congress.
Ha! if that is meant to be humor, it is not funny !!
Why, thank you for thinking me a humorist, Mr. numan.

I'm too simple for that. I genuinely think that given the opportunity and the incentive, human beings will rise to their best....

Letting Congressmen and Senators do their job is the right thing to do.

I have every faith they'll do their best.
You are so naive, Becki.

Forum List

Back