Putin becomes the Voice of Reason

Funny but DeGaulle enjoyed worldwide respect because he put his country above himself. Obama seems unable to do that.

Do you think he has ever considered anything above himself in his entire life? The guy who has used the word "I" more often in public speeches than all other US Presidents (and possibly all humans who have ever lived) combined?

But our immediate parents and grandparents, and even great grandparents at this late date, came together after the events of Pearl Harbor Day, December 7, 1941, and decided that the Japanese attempt to destroy the Pacific Fleet in an all-out war when we were trying to mind our own business and stay out of the conflict was not an option after such an affront.

And some of those great grand parents were thrown into concentration camps for no reason other than their race because we had a villainous SOB in the Chief Executive's seat, a rubber-stamp Congress, and an unprincipled Supreme Court.

The vigilance and voice of informed citizens is always proper and necessary. The true Americans were the ones who rushed to sign up and put their lives on the line (including many of those who had been thrown into the aforementioned concentration camps). The responsibility of a citizen doesn't end at the voting booth. Politicians are just as likely to be weak and stupid as anyone else - and probably more likely to be opportunistic and self-serving. They need watching, always, and they need to hear it when they are going awry. It's our job.

And while the attack on Pearl Harbor was clearly a provocation and an act of war, "we were just minding our own business" is historically ignorant. This in no way excuses said attack or makes it any less a legitimate cause to declare war, but don't be too childlike in your oversimplifications.

And we see the rigid ideological far reactionary right start their silly chanting.

Worthless.

And they wonder how the rest of America has turned its back on them.

Ha! if that is meant to be humor, it is not funny !!
Why, thank you for thinking me a humorist, Mr. numan.

I'm too simple for that. I genuinely think that given the opportunity and the incentive, human beings will rise to their best....

Letting Congressmen and Senators do their job is the right thing to do.

I have every faith they'll do their best.
You are so naive, Becki.
So were my early American Pilgrim ancestors. ;) As years marched on, Katherine Lee Bates summarized it well and her words were sung to Samuel Ward's lovely music:

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the enameled plain!
America! America!
Till souls wax fair as earth and air

And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
Whose stem impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
Till paths be wrought through
wilds of thought
By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
Of liberating strife
When once and twice,
for man's avail
Men lavished precious life!
America! America!
Till selfish gain no longer stain
The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
Till nobler men keep once again
Thy whiter jubilee!

The unfortunate fact is that Americans who support Assad, for whatever reason, have endorsed the gassing of children by the regime.

Russia sharply steps up criticism of U.S. over Syria - The Washington Post

MOSCOW – Russia dramatically escalated its denunciations of American threats to attack Syrian military targets on Saturday, as President Vladimir Putin called the arguments about chemical weapons that underlie the U.S. case “utter nonsense.”

The Foreign Ministry said a U.S. attack would be a “gross violation” of international law.

Speaking out for the first time since an alleged chemical weapons attack near Damascus on Aug. 21, Putin called on President Obama to find a nonviolent way out of the crisis.

“I would like to address Obama as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate: Before using force in Syria, it would be good to think about future casualties,” Putin told Russian news agencies in Vladivostok during a tour of the country’s flood-stricken Far East.

“Russia is urging you to think twice before making a decision on an operation in Syria,” he said.

Next week’s Group of 20 economic summit in St. Petersburg would be a good forum for discussing the Syrian issue, he said, “so why not take advantage of it?”

Putin is no voice of reason. Putin is a low life scum who needs to but out of the US and it's decisions.

He can't handle his own country and needs to STFU! How we have let this idiot make the United States look stupid is beyond me.

Except it's not Assad, it's obama's allies, al quaeda.

If obama wins this one, he will do the exact same thing in Egypt to return the Muslim Brotherhood to power.

If the Katzndogz win this one, America is in great danger from them and their allies.

The falsehood is partially rooted in the libertarian denial of the reality of the modern world, RC.

Those who appease dictators who gas their children, support evil in the world. Real truth.

Maybe the repubs should consider running Putin in 2016.

He's everything they admire in a president: manly, decisive, white.

And after Obama, the fact that Putin wasn't born here no longer matters.

Mr. Clean, the great majority of Republicans abhor Putin and communism as well as repudiate the far right that cozies up to Assad.

On one hand the demonstative evidence including videos and terrorist statements mount that the obama team of al quaeda did that chemical attack. On the other hand obama says the evidence that it was Assad is overwheming. He just doesn't have anything beside his word. That is why he is walkung around in Russia with both hands holding his ass.

And we see the former commie hating reactionaries praising the former KGB boss, Putin.

:cuckoo:

This will come back to bite reactionary butt in the primaries.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "red state" don't it? :lol:

My friends at university across the country in history and government are pointing out this incredible flip flop to their students.

I think the far right of the party may have mortally wounded itself with this Putin and Russia worship.

On one hand the demonstative evidence including videos and terrorist statements mount that the obama team of al quaeda did that chemical attack. On the other hand obama says the evidence that it was Assad is overwheming. He just doesn't have anything beside his word. That is why he is walkung around in Russia with both hands holding his ass.

Nothing of the sort as the weirdos of the far reactionary right exists.

On the other hand, quality data from the French, the Germans, the Israelis, and the USA clearly indicts the Syrians.

Guess what's going to happen?

And we see the former commie hating reactionaries praising the former KGB boss, Putin.

:cuckoo:

This will come back to bite reactionary butt in the primaries.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "red state" don't it? :lol:

My friends at university across the country in history and government are pointing out this incredible flip flop to their students.

I think the far right of the party may have mortally wounded itself with this Putin and Russia worship.

Nah; when you see the congressional leadership siding with Putin over their President, then you have a mortal wound.

The bluster from the hard right to oppose anything Obama does, says, thinks, feels, imagines, etc... is so redundant that it's been tuned out by many if not most. Seriously, would you be shocked if someone here or on Talk Radio suggested Obama molested his children?

I wouldn't be.

Forum List

Back