Putin Didn't Hack Us

Yes Trump and his followers have made it clear that they believe and support Puttin over the democrats since day one. Why do you think we are so angry? Trump has been feeding that anger everyday.

Trump knew about the attempts, why do you think Trump was already whining, until he won? We all know that the Righties would be having a cow if Hillary won..

It is a fact that Russia sent out millions of fake news bots..

The paper, by two members of Facebook's threat intelligence team and its chief security officer, noted that "fake news" has been incorrectly applied

You know Eagle, I just have to make a few comments:

1. We believe and support Putin? Over the Democrats? I don't know ANYONE who believes much less supports anything Putin says or does. That is not to say that it is mutually exclusive that we believe him or you. One thing certain about Democrats is the party has lied, lied, lied about everything, and is 100% committed to trying to destroy Trump at any cost. In my mind, that puts the DNC on a level hard to separate from a foreign threat itself. If anyone is feeding any anger, the Dems, the Libs and MSM need only look into their own mirrors. The fact that you guys continue to not see that is a really big liability for you because much of the public does see it! And you're angry because we don't take your word?
  2. You don't know what Trump knew. Don't even go there trying to fool us with your own foolishness. Trump was whining because of the long-proven facts that the DNC was cheating all over the place. Hillary and the DNC were even cheating in the debates.
  3. I bet half a dozen countries sent out fake news bots. I deal with misinformation all of the time! Sometimes even by people trying to do an honest job that just get things wrong because there is so much bad info out there. Some of the books printed for use in schools and colleges has bad information in them! This is nothing new--- the ultimate responsibility lies with the persons reading and digesting the stuff. FLASH------ the Internet is the least reliable and last place I go to for information.
  4. Facebook: I'm sure their IT people are competent, even good, but they don't have access to the kinds of tools, skills and knowledge employed at the national intelligence level. It is silly to believe otherwise.
BOTTOM LINE: As said elsewhere, your foreign intelligence staff, especially in large superpowers like Russia, are the Best Of The Best. They can get into just about anywhere. THAT IS THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET. It was designed to SHARE information. Once they get in, if they are good at all, they rarely get detected, if so, long after they are gone. That is the nature of a vulnerability. If they want to, they can hack into YOUR computer and then break into another system and make it look like YOU did it. The CIA deals with a thousand cyber attacks a day. Companies employ hackers to try to get the scoop on their competition.

Shades of Watergate, just moved about 40 years into the future. Welcome to the Internet Age. You no longer have to pick locks and go through drawers.

So, asking Putin if he hacked our election is a frivolous pursuit at best. If neither the Pres. or Secretary of State has that evidence, then WHO DOES? Facebook? The New York Times? If such proof existed at all, it would be SPLASHED all over the front page of every anti-Trump paper in the nation trying to connect him to Hillary's loss! So the best thing is to move on and address your attention at improving the election system to make it less susceptible to attack, because Russia and several other countries are not going to ever stop trying.

But why then does the DNC refuse to share their hacked server? Why did Hillary keep her government email outside the government system? There can only be one explanation: there is stuff in there they don't want others to know. Maybe that the server was never hacked at all. In the end, while the Trump Administration and GOP have spent the past half-year trying to advance the nation, the ONLY thing the DNC has tried to do is create baseless scandal after scandal.

Which do you think the voters will respond most to come 2018?

I was a Trump supporter this time last year, enough to have my family call me a bigot. I was seriously thinking to change my vote as a democrat. I didn't like Hillary and it looked like Trump was going independent.
I liked how he talked about going after the crime and big money in politics, going after Big pharma, and crooks running out country.

At this point He hated Fox news, and many republicans hated him too.

Then he turned and flipped against the ones who got him to the primaries..and picked Mike Pence and went total opposite of what he said he was going to do.

Many saw right through His bullshit and his lies ... He has lied ever since.

He is doing the same thing now to the republicans..telling you what you want to hear.

He is a lying manipulating scumbag to the point of mental illness, but what is amazing is he is believable..

So I told you that story to show you why the democrats who once supported him are calling out his bullshit ..

He is a liar.

It is not the democrats... who are trying to destroy him because Hillary lost.

You are totally correct about Trump = scumbag part.. But the last line is the prob here..

So I told you that story to show you why the democrats who once supported him are calling out his bullshit ..

It's mostly phony useless, prankster level shit. No real substance. It's a fable created after the DNC email theft to JUSTIFY spying on and interfering with the OPPOSITION during a campaign and after the election using the immense powers of the Fed Govt. It's 90% noise and smoke.. You should FOCUS on TRUMP's bad decisions and behavior -- not jump into the Clown Car with CNN and the DCCC..

Yeah- it is about 'believing Russia'- when it comes to Tom Horn- and his usual conspiracy theories.

8 months of claiming the RUSSIANS "interfered" in our last election without changing a single vote and it's me with a conspiracy theory?
lol.gif

Not defending Putin. The reason they are skeptical is that OUR "own agencies and people" were NEVER USED to examine the primary evidence of these intrusions. IN FACT -- "our own agencies and people" like the 4 or 5 Counter Cyber Groups were NEVER TASKED to investigate or to issue GUIDANCE to the victims and potential victims. It never BECAME a priority until election night..

Why is that Coyote???

Yes Trump and his followers have made it clear that they believe and support Puttin over the democrats since day one. Why do you think we are so angry? Trump has been feeding that anger everyday.

Trump knew about the attempts, why do you think Trump was already whining, until he won? We all know that the Righties would be having a cow if Hillary won..

The paper, by two members of Facebook's threat intelligence team and its chief security officer, noted that "fake news" has been incorrectly applied as a catch-all for a variety of techniques used to influence users of the platform. The company now divides these techniques into four specific groups:

• "Information (or Influence) Operations - Actions taken by governments or organized non-state actors to distort domestic or foreign political sentiment."
  • "False News - News articles that purport to be factual, but which contain intentional misstatements of fact with the intention to arouse passions, attract viewership, or deceive."
  • "False Amplifiers - Coordinated activity by inauthentic accounts with the intent of manipulating political discussion (e.g., by discouraging specific parties from participating in discussion, or amplifying sensationalistic voices over others)."
  • "Disinformation - Inaccurate or manipulated information/content that is spread intentionally. This can include false news, or it can involve more subtle methods, such as false flag operations, feeding inaccurate quotes or stories to innocent intermediaries, or knowingly amplifying biased or misleading information."
Facebook, for the first time, acknowledges election manipulation

Total BullCrap.. Show me ONE fake Russian news story that is TRACED back to Russia Intel services.. I NEVER SAW them. Not one leftist can PROVIDE them. All that I've been shown when asked was a bunch of stuff from TEENAGERS in MOLDOVA trying to earn money for band equipment.

If the stories are not in the public conciousness, they must have been sublimal or something huh? Maybe your tablet broadcasted them to your ears while you were sleeping.. :rolleyes:

And BTW -- RT doesn't count. Number of folks watching RT on their cable net are less than people listening to Nat Weather Service broadcasts..

U.S. intelligence analysis[edit]

FireEye chairman David DeWalt concluded the Russian operation during the 2016 election was a new development in cyberwarfare by Russia.
Computer security company FireEye concluded Russia used social media as a weapon to influence the U.S. election.[24]FireEye Chairman David DeWalt said the 2016 operation was a new development in cyberwarfare by Russia.[24] FireEye CEO Kevin Mandia stated Russian cyberwarfare changed after fall 2014, from covert to overt tactics with decreased operational security.[24] Bellingcat analyst Aric Toler explained fact-checking only drew further attention to the fake news problem.[58]

U.S. Intelligence agencies debated why Putin chose summer 2016 to escalate active measures.[59] Prior to the election, U.S. national security officials said they were anxious about Russia tampering with U.S. news.[56] Director of National IntelligenceJames R. Clapper said after the 2011–13 Russian protests, Putin lost self-confidence, and responded with the propaganda operation.[59] Former CIA officer Patrick Skinner said the goal was to spread uncertainty.[58] House Intelligence CommitteeRanking Member Adam Schiff commented on Putin's aims, and said U.S. intelligence were concerned with Russian propaganda.[59] Speaking about disinformation that appeared in Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Poland, Schiff said there was an increase of the same behavior in the U.S.[59]

U.S. intelligence officials stated in November 2016 they believed Russia engaged in spreading fake news,[23] and the FBIreleased a statement saying they were investigating.[23][56] Two U.S. intelligence officials each told BuzzFeed News they "believe Russia helped disseminate fake and propagandized news as part of a broader effort to influence and undermine the presidential election".[23] The U.S. intelligence sources stated this involved "dissemination of completely fake news stories".[23]They told BuzzFeed the FBI investigation specifically focused on why "Russia had engaged in spreading false or misleading information".[23]

Fake news website - Wikipedia

I asked for SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this damaging "news". Something that MIGHT actually sway anyone to vote one way or the other. You've joined the list of EVERYONE who believes this is "a thing" and influenced the election. Because NONE OF YOU can point to a single ORIGINALLY FOREIGN SOURCED STORY that justifies this hysteria..

Speaking about disinformation that appeared in Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Poland, Schiff said there was an increase of the same behavior in the U.S.[59]

That's APPARENTLY -- ALL ya got. Either vague references to other countries or silliness perpetrated by Teenagers in Moldova.

NO ONE HAS SEEN this shit.. How could it influence an election??

I actually gave specific examples in that other thread.

The NPR piece?? It was all traced back to teenagers in Moldova trying to make money to start a band. If you have a propaganda story that was WIDELY DISTRIBUTED and traced back to the Kremlin -- I didn't see it...

The paper, by two members of Facebook's threat intelligence team and its chief security officer, noted that "fake news" has been incorrectly applied as a catch-all for a variety of techniques used to influence users of the platform. The company now divides these techniques into four specific groups:

• "Information (or Influence) Operations - Actions taken by governments or organized non-state actors to distort domestic or foreign political sentiment."
  • "False News - News articles that purport to be factual, but which contain intentional misstatements of fact with the intention to arouse passions, attract viewership, or deceive."
  • "False Amplifiers - Coordinated activity by inauthentic accounts with the intent of manipulating political discussion (e.g., by discouraging specific parties from participating in discussion, or amplifying sensationalistic voices over others)."
  • "Disinformation - Inaccurate or manipulated information/content that is spread intentionally. This can include false news, or it can involve more subtle methods, such as false flag operations, feeding inaccurate quotes or stories to innocent intermediaries, or knowingly amplifying biased or misleading information."
Facebook, for the first time, acknowledges election manipulation

Total BullCrap.. Show me ONE fake Russian news story that is TRACED back to Russia Intel services.. I NEVER SAW them. Not one leftist can PROVIDE them. All that I've been shown when asked was a bunch of stuff from TEENAGERS in MOLDOVA trying to earn money for band equipment.

If the stories are not in the public conciousness, they must have been sublimal or something huh? Maybe your tablet broadcasted them to your ears while you were sleeping.. :rolleyes:

And BTW -- RT doesn't count. Number of folks watching RT on their cable net are less than people listening to Nat Weather Service broadcasts..

FireEye chairman David DeWalt concluded the Russian operation during the 2016 election was a new development in cyberwarfare by Russia.
Computer security company FireEye concluded Russia used social media as a weapon to influence the U.S. election.[24]FireEye Chairman David DeWalt said the 2016 operation was a new development in cyberwarfare by Russia.[24] FireEye CEO Kevin Mandia stated Russian cyberwarfare changed after fall 2014, from covert to overt tactics with decreased operational security.[24] Bellingcat analyst Aric Toler explained fact-checking only drew further attention to the fake news problem.[58]

U.S. Intelligence agencies debated why Putin chose summer 2016 to escalate active measures.[59] Prior to the election, U.S. national security officials said they were anxious about Russia tampering with U.S. news.[56] Director of National IntelligenceJames R. Clapper said after the 2011–13 Russian protests, Putin lost self-confidence, and responded with the propaganda operation.[59] Former CIA officer Patrick Skinner said the goal was to spread uncertainty.[58] House Intelligence CommitteeRanking Member Adam Schiff commented on Putin's aims, and said U.S. intelligence were concerned with Russian propaganda.[59] Speaking about disinformation that appeared in Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Poland, Schiff said there was an increase of the same behavior in the U.S.[59]

U.S. intelligence officials stated in November 2016 they believed Russia engaged in spreading fake news,[23] and the FBIreleased a statement saying they were investigating.[23][56] Two U.S. intelligence officials each told BuzzFeed News they "believe Russia helped disseminate fake and propagandized news as part of a broader effort to influence and undermine the presidential election".[23] The U.S. intelligence sources stated this involved "dissemination of completely fake news stories".[23]They told BuzzFeed the FBI investigation specifically focused on why "Russia had engaged in spreading false or misleading information".[23]

I asked for SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this damaging "news". Something that MIGHT actually sway anyone to vote one way or the other. You've joined the list of EVERYONE who believes this is "a thing" and influenced the election. Because NONE OF YOU can point to a single ORIGINALLY FOREIGN SOURCED STORY that justifies this hysteria..

Speaking about disinformation that appeared in Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Poland, Schiff said there was an increase of the same behavior in the U.S.[59]

That's APPARENTLY -- ALL ya got. Either vague references to other countries or silliness perpetrated by Teenagers in Moldova.

The NPR piece?? It was all traced back to teenagers in Moldova trying to make money to start a band. If you have a propaganda story that was WIDELY DISTRIBUTED and traced back to the Kremlin -- I didn't see it...

I haven't been to that thread in a while but I'm pretty sure I provided more stuff - but whether it could INFLUENCE an election is debatable. The problem is there is no objective way to measure it.

Edited to add: I think what it does is it creates smoke, dust, confusion and doubt - especially in our electoral processes, and that is part of the purpose. If it creates enough doubt, it can turn people away from a candidate or from truly important issues. Look at how focused people have been on relatively minor issues - collusion, who knew what and when - vs the bigger issues - attempted hacking of multiple political and electoral systems over a period of time.

Could you mods maybe set an example by eliminating half the quotes you're NOT replying to so we don't have to scroll down half the page to read the reply?
uhoh3.gif

I haven't been to that thread in a while but I'm pretty sure I provided more stuff - but whether it could INFLUENCE an election is debatable. The problem is there is no objective way to measure it.

Of course it's debatable, because NO ONE has seen any.. And if they did, it was tabloid unbelievable crap. .

Which just illustrates the point, that when you read "filtered" Intel opinions, it doesn't mean you should just parrot the lines and NOT think about whether there are TANGIBLE and VISIBLE consequences that you can point to -- for this fake news. OR for collusion with the Russians. OR ask questions about why other OBVIOUS conflicts of interests regarding "russians" are NOT being investigated.

Biggest problem here is that most of this "Russian" issue uses the word Russians -- rather than the Kremlin specifically. Like the "Russian lawyer" in today's fairytale about that Trump Jr meeting. There are LOTS of groups in Russia that are ruthless and untrustworthy. NOT JUST Putin. And that means THOUSANDS of potential suspects --- rather than just the Kremlin..

In some instances the Oligarchs and Mafia work together -- in others --- they don't . They are in conflict themselves. So using the word "russians" as the dog whistle --- is not nearly specific enough to make you smart..

Of course it's debatable, because NO ONE has seen any.. And if they did, it was tabloid unbelievable crap. .

Which just illustrates the point, that when you read "filtered" Intel opinions, it doesn't mean you should just parrot the lines and NOT think about whether there are TANGIBLE and VISIBLE consequences that you can point to -- for this fake news. OR for collusion with the Russians. OR ask questions about why other OBVIOUS conflicts of interests regarding "russians" are NOT being investigated.

I agree - BUT - all we see will be "filtered" and everything I've seen leads me to believe, on multiple levels, that the Russians were behind the hacking, for one, and it was to get sanctions lifted, second, and lastly that Trump was for them the best candidate who might do it - and guess what, they might be right. That doesn't mean collusion which is a separate issue - but it's what looks rational and logical to me, with the weight of evidence behind it.

Biggest problem here is that most of this "Russian" issue uses the word Russians -- rather than the Kremlin specifically. Like the "Russian lawyer" in today's fairytale about that Trump Jr meeting. There are LOTS of groups in Russia that are ruthless and untrustworthy. NOT JUST Putin. And that means THOUSANDS of potential suspects --- rather than just the Kremlin.

True. But a couple of thoughts here. One is - who would have to power to orchestrate that level criminal hacking with that purpose in mind? It couldn't be done involvement at some level of the Russian government. Two - Putiin's style of governing is very autocratic, I would be surprised if he didn't have his hand in everything that comes out of Russia and very likely many of his colleagues span the Oligarchs and Russian Mafia.

In some instances the Oligarchs and Mafia work together -- in others --- they don't . They are in conflict themselves. So using the word "russians" as the dog whistle --- is not nearly specific enough to make you smart..

Let's say Putin then :)

Yeah- it is about 'believing Russia'- when it comes to Tom Horn- and his usual conspiracy theories.

8 months of claiming the RUSSIANS "interfered" in our last election without changing a single vote and it's me with a conspiracy theory?
lol.gif

8 months of claiming that the Russians attempted to interfere in our election- whether or not their interference changed any votes in immaterial.

8 months of Trumpsters denying that the Russians tried to interfere in our election- believing Putin- not the FBI.

Putin Didn't Hack Us

Why would need to? Trump's going to make him head of cyber security.

Of course Putin doesn't do the dirty work himself. He has others do it. There is no such thing as independent Russian hackers. The men who were indicted in the Yahoo hack had ties with Russian intelligence.

I agree - BUT - all we see will be "filtered" and everything I've seen leads me to believe, on multiple levels, that the Russians were behind the hacking, for one, and it was to get sanctions lifted, second, and lastly that Trump was for them the best candidate who might do it - and guess what, they might be right.

Which Russians?? I've just given facts about how Russia operates their economy. Lots of powerful people OUTSIDE the Kremlin could be the culprits. THEY'RE the ones with major investments affected by sanctions. And as I told you -- they run their OWN foreign intelligence and lobbying operations. Ask Podesta -- HE lobbied for them DURING THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN... Would only take ONE pissed off Russian Oligarch to hack his phone -- wouldn't it?

WHY do you think nobody is CLARIFYING WHICH Russians are suspected?? Think about it and give me an answer. NO ONE in the Media is tying in the mega conflicts between INTERNAL Russian interests and the lobbying efforts and the confrontation in Ukraine that PODESTA was on ONE SIDE --- and Manafort was on the other.

Russia is NOT the USA. We have our Govt/Corporate collusion problem. But it plays out MUCH differently than in Russia..

I agree - BUT - all we see will be "filtered" and everything I've seen leads me to believe, on multiple levels, that the Russians were behind the hacking, for one, and it was to get sanctions lifted, second, and lastly that Trump was for them the best candidate who might do it - and guess what, they might be right.

Which Russians?? I've just given facts about how Russia operates their economy. Lots of powerful people OUTSIDE the Kremlin could be the culprits. THEY'RE the ones with major investments affected by sanctions. And as I told you -- they run their OWN foreign intelligence and lobbying operations. Ask Podesta -- HE lobbied for them DURING THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN... Would only take ONE pissed off Russian Oligarch to hack his phone -- wouldn't it?

WHY do you think nobody is CLARIFYING WHICH Russians are suspected?? Think about it and give me an answer. NO ONE in the Media is tying in the mega conflicts between INTERNAL Russian interests and the lobbying efforts and the confrontation in Ukraine that PODESTA was on ONE SIDE --- and Manafort was on the other.

Russia is NOT the USA. We have our Govt/Corporate collusion problem. But it plays out MUCH differently than in Russia..

There were apparently a lot of people lobbying for and working for Russian operatives including many in the Trump campaign. How do you KNOW that they are ignoring Podesta - it could be that they are simply following the evidence. What has been said, from more than one source - is that only someone at a very high level, like Putin, could have enginneered this.

Could you mods maybe set an example by eliminating half the quotes you're NOT replying to so we don't have to scroll down half the page to read the reply?
uhoh3.gif

slacker.... :coffee: No pain -- no gain.. I'll try. But I'm kinda verbose and so is the Coyote. We TRY to have REAL conversions -- "to set an example".... :lol: (Doesn't ALWAYS turn out that way does it?)

uhoh3.gif

slacker.... :coffee: No pain -- no gain.. I'll try. But I'm kinda verbose and so is the Coyote. We TRY to have REAL conversions -- "to set an example".... :lol: (Doesn't ALWAYS turn out that way does it?)
:meow: :mm: :poke: :party:

There were apparently a lot of people lobbying for and working for Russian operatives including many in the Trump campaign.

Better to strike "operatives" and replace it with INTERESTS. Because a lot of spooky untrustworthy dudes are their "CEOs".. And the govt looks away at their "global investments" and how they manage them. MANAGING sometimes means running their own covert Intelligence operations..

So when you lobby for a bank that owns a full 1/3 of EVERYTHING that Russia is worth -- you ARE exposed to Thousands of fairly independent "Russian bad guys".. Not necessarily tied to the Kremlin...

There were apparently a lot of people lobbying for and working for Russian operatives including many in the Trump campaign.

Better to strike "operatives" and replace it with INTERESTS. Because a lot of spooky untrustworthy dudes are their "CEOs".. And the govt looks away at their "global investments" and how they manage them. MANAGING sometimes means running their own covert Intelligence operations..

So when you lobby for a bank that owns a full 1/3 of EVERYTHING that Russia is worth -- you ARE exposed to Thousands of fairly independent "bad guys"..

It's certainly possible you are exposed.

But I doubt much escapes Putin's attention.

So when you lobby for a bank that owns a full 1/3 of EVERYTHING that Russia is worth -- you ARE exposed to Thousands of fairly independent "bad guys"..

Oh Putin has his favorite Posse that he hangs with. He can AID them or obstruct them. Because in Russia it's just not lobbying for simple tax credits or favorable legislation. It's FAR more corrupt than our issue simply over FINANCIAL support.

More like the Chief Cartel Coordinator decides who gets full State support. Which CAN INCLUDE the use of State Intel resources..

This analysis is WHY the whole Media narrative is so juvenile and stupid. It reads more like fairytales than a great Tom Clancy book.. Tom Clancy was good at scenarios, because he UNDERSTOOD how Intelligence and each govts works and thinks..

Oh Putin has his favorite Posse that he hangs with. He can AID them or obstruct them. Because in Russia it's just not lobbying for simple tax credits or favorable legislation. It's FAR more corrupt than our issue simply over FINANCIAL support.

More like the Chief Cartel Coordinator decides who gets full State support. Which CAN INCLUDE the use of State Intel resources..

This analysis is WHY the whole Media narrative is so juvenile and stupid. It reads more like fairytales than a great Tom Clancy book.. Tom Clancy was good at scenarios, because he UNDERSTOOD how Intelligence and each govts works and thinks..

I don't think the media is all so juvenile, there has been some good investigative reporting done. It's been ages since I've read Tom Clancy though! I think the main reason behind this is the sanctions, and that is why I think Putin has his hand in it. If things get really bad, it could upset his hold on power.

Forum List

Back